Pneumococcal jab via medisave

Astar

My 5 mo old boy just gotten his Pneumococcal jab last month, and is due for the 2nd one this month from a PD.

I just read from Ministry of Health: Use of Medisave for Pneumococcal Vaccination that we can now pay for the Pneumococcal jab with medisave at certain GPs, polyclinics and certain PDs.

THe high cost of each jab is taking a toll on our financial situation, and we need to resort to continuing the rest of the jabs via medisave. Our baby bonus account is also wiped out from all the vaccinations so far and paying for the infant care fee.

Some questions :

1) Any mummies given their babies the jab at polyclinic? How much did it cost?

2) Is it a long wait and the Polyclinic? Mum says Polyclinic give priority to children. True?

3) do you know of any PD who can give the jab by deducting from medisave?

Thanks for helping me with your replies.

PinkDiamonds

Hi mummy, I am considering whether to let my daughter take the pneumococcal jab or not and it's good news to me that medisave is allowed.

We've been bringing my girl to Tampines polyclinic for her regular vaccinations and the waiting time is very short as it is by appointment basis. If you are on time for your appointment u will spend less than 30minutes there.

If you have made contribution to ur child's CDA account, you can also use the money to pay for the jabs.

My 5 mo old boy just gotten his Pneumococcal jab last month, and is due for the 2nd one this month from a pediatrician.

I just read from Ministry of Health: Use of Medisave for Pneumococcal Vaccination that we can now pay for the Pneumococcal jab with medisave at certain GPs, polyclinics and certain PDs.

THe high cost of each jab is taking a toll on our financial situation, and we need to resort to continuing the rest of the jabs via medisave. Our baby bonus account is also wiped out from all the vaccinations so far and paying for the infant care fee.

Some questions :

1) Any mummies given their babies the jab at polyclinic? How much did it cost?

2) Is it a long wait and the Polyclinic? Mum says Polyclinic give priority to children. True?

3) do you know of any pediatrician who can give the jab by deducting from medisave?

Thanks for helping me with your replies.

hihi, my gal is now 7mth, just went 4 her 1st pneumo @ jurong polyclinic today, using medisave 2 pay...

Q&A:-
1) yes, me...it cost $160/jab (inclusive GST)...

2) book an appt for your bb...be sure 2 reach on time. if not, after 15 mins, u will have 2 q...

3) most pd i heard of could only use either cash/ bb's cda...no medisave...

hope this cleared yr doubts:)

Astar

Thank you ladies for your replies.

SHall call the polyclinic for the appointment. Payment via medisave will be handled by the counter i suppose.

What about the rest of the jabs (like remaining dosages of 5-in-1)? Can the polyclinic administer them as well? Or, need to get back to PD?

mandymtb

really?? d**n... been using cash to pay and my gal has already done 2 jabs...

so this is only applicable if we go polyclinics is it?

smilly00

Hello
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] i think it's called 'fei zai sui' - read in cantonese - fat son water... hehe... can try the "woodward" brand - it's alcohol free - if ur bb has colic due to wind, can try "Rid Wind" oso - it's available at phamarcies - i got it at Unity.[/FONT]

Astar

Hi,

If go polyclinic for the vaccinations, will they check on them as in their eyes (follow object) and etcs? If yes, then i will transfer my girl to poly. its cheaper.

Please advice. Thanks
I think you mean to check on their physical development. Yes they do it at the Polyclinic. :001_302:

January84

Hello
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]i think it's called 'fei zai sui' - read in cantonese - fat son water... hehe... can try the "woodward" brand - it's alcohol free - if your baby has colic due to wind, can try "Rid Wind" also - it's available at phamarcies - i got it at Unity.[/FONT]

Fei zai shui is the Gripe water

allycat

Its impt that u remember where u brought your baby for the jab as the clinic will issue a cert upon completion of all e complusory vassination. This cert is required for P1 enrolment.

shopaholic

I sent my boy to Polyclinic for his 5-in-1 and pneumoccocal jabs. Yes, you can use medisave to pay for the pneumoccocal jabs. In fact, the payment counter staff automatically asked me about it. I paid $165 in medisave for the first jab. Waiting time is also reasonable. I think they usually give priority to infants.