Polyfidelity = Polyamory

Mummy :)

Is there such thing as Polyfidelity = Polyamory?
Will there be love, feelings or relations?

Eg.Man with 4 wifes or Wife with 4 husbands

:err:

ryanchew

Polyamory = participation in multiple and simultaneous loving or sexual relationships
So first it stems from infidelity....???

Not too sure whether a man can truly love multiple women but definitely when it comes to sexual r/s with multiple women...no problem....

LoVeS

I think this question is kinda hard for most singaporean to answer because if i am not wrong it is illegal in SG for having more than 1 wife/husband :tlaugh:

Polyamory = participation in multiple and simultaneous loving or sexual relationships
So first it stems from infidelity....???

Not too sure whether a man can truly love multiple women but definitely when it comes to sexual are/s with multiple women...no problem....
Ryanchew,

Then if you can married more then one surely you want right????
Haiz...then I guess your wife will "beat" you up:tlaugh:

I think this question is kinda hard for most singaporean to answer because if i am not wrong it is illegal in SG for having more than 1 wife/husband :tlaugh:
Loves,

In Singapore, only 1 to 1 but there are common cases where 1 to 2 or 3.
There are such cases but very few. Only for those wife plenty and lots of money:err:

meiteoh

Is there such thing as Polyfidelity = Polyamory?
Will there be love, feelings or relations?

Eg.Man with 4 wifes or Wife with 4 husbands:err:
I think a clarification of the terms is required.

Polyamory is not the same as polygamy or polygyny - the former is for intimate relationships and the later refers to marriage.

In layman terms, polyamory is what we call "open relationships" whereby non-married couples in a relationship can see, date and be intimate with other people other than their partners. It's not mutually exclusive.

Polyfidelity on the other hand refers to loyalty within the same group of people that are married to one another. They agree that they will only have sex with each other and not other people.

Polygamy and polygyny refers to a one man marriage to many women (the former) or a one woman marriage to many men (the later).

Going back to the question, polyamory is not the same as polyfidelity as there is no "group" or "circle" in polyamory. Ignoring the fact that polyamory is usually applied in non-married relationships, you and your partner are basically seeing different people whereas in a polyfidelity relationship, you and your partner share the same few sexual partners.

In other words, a man married to four wives may practise polyfidelity whereby he agrees to only keep the sex within those four women and his wives to have sex with him alone (exclusivity), whereas if he were to go for polyamory, he may have sex with those four women OR to other women he's not married to AND his wives may be sleeping with other men.

Last edited: