Poor experience with broken processes with KK hospital (Prof Tee)

garfield2411

Hi all,

I just like to share my experience with KK.

We chose KK because only KK can has the equipment to handle complicated childbirth.

We went to the KK private suite on 14 Jun for first appointment (6 weeks) with Prof Tee. He suggested to do the Harmony over the FTS for Down Syndrome check because it is 99% accuracy. He told us we could think about it. At the payment, we told the nurse the test, the nurse did not action on it.

When we went for the 2nd appointment on 19 Jul, already in our 12 weeks, Prof Tee was puzzled we had not done the test. We were under the impression that it would be done at the 2nd appointment.

Doesn't the entire pregnancy checkup have some kind of SOP, certain weeks gynae checkup, certain weeks must do this and that check and everything should be arranged?

We are already at 12 weeks, and at payment, I had to asked the cashier, who is making the appointment for me? She looked puzzled and I had to remind saying this is the 12 weeks, so who is ordering the check? She then checked with the nurse with Prof Tee about it and make the appointment on Mon only after I asked at the cashier. Actually, today the nurse told me otherwise that we should do some other test before Harmony test. Why should we if the Harmony test is 99% accurate?

I don't even know by the time is done, is it too late for any action, if needed, when the results are out because it is the 3rd visit is end Aug, week 17!??

This is the not the first time KK processes are broken. When I booked the first appointment and wanted the private suite, the central appointment booked me to clinic A. Back then, I did not know private suite was another clinic by another fancy name.

This whole episode gives me a feeling that the gynae and nurses don't talk. Gynae will say do this and that check and that's it, and there is no action by the nurse to order the checks, so honestly, I have to arrange everything? We actually decided at the first appointment and had asked the nurse at payment but the nurse did nothing.

Those who are with KK, do you encounter same experience and do you find KK's processes broken and the nurses and gynae don't talk. Who job is it to order the checkup?

It is like I have to review their work every visit to make sure no balls are dropped...

Judy0801

juz give birth

Hi, i juz give birth to my 2nd one at kkh.... for me, im the blur blur type... everything doc said to me bout the test, i will juz ok ok ok.... haha... so i dun even knw which wk i shld do this test, which wk shld do tat test.... but i didnt miss out a single test before... cos if doc wan to do the test, they will ask the nurse to give a date for appointment... i no nd to say anything... when they give the date, i will juz ok ok ok.... haha

garfield2411

Re: juz give birth

That's good, but the doc and nurse never make any test appointment, very angry with them. They should know best when to do, now I dunno if it's too late for the test although the nurse said she will arrange on Mon because my wife is in 12 weeks already. Don't know if it is to late to do the test.

Judy0801

no worries

I think still can... if nt, they wont anyhow give de... n i think the nurse who collect payment n made appointment de, u cannot blame them.. cos they not doc... they got no right to say let ur wife go for test.. everything muz be said by doc... i think ur doc din state to put ur wife for test, so the nurse din give u date for it earlier...

JacTan

I am currently with Dr K T Tan at The Pte Suite. This is my 2nd child with her. My gynea would informed me which test needs to be done when the test week is nearing and asked if I would like to do the test. Should I agree, the nurse at the counter would give me a date. I am not sure what Harmony test is about cos my gynea usually ask me to go for FTS. She said that FTS is very safe and quite accurate