Poor weight gain

Dear mommies,

My son is 6 months turning 7 months soon. He has always been a small baby since birth. I am concerned as he doesn't gain as enough weight. Before 6 months he used to gain at least 300g per month. After we started solid, his last weight gain is only 200g.

He has had reflux but it has gotten better now. He is also starting to sleep through the night probably missed feed in between so less milk intake.

Is there any way to help him grow better? He is totally breastfed by the way.

Although he appears happy and looks healthy all the time, I still hope he can grow fatter.

Hope to have mommies share your advice and experience. Thanks!

My opinion is that weight gain slows as they get older as long as they are meeting their development milestone and are generally happy it should be okay. Maybe you want to introduce solids like avocado which will give him good fats.

Hi blackcanary, thanks for your reply!! I have indeed introduced him to avocado once and he seems to like it. Maybe i'll let it become a regular recipe. :)

ast0212

My son was on the small side...3rd percentile when he was around 6 months (6kgs). Now at 3 years old he is on the 50th percentile... if he is happy and healthy I wouldn't worry, keep doing whatever you are already doing :)