Position of Umbilical Cord - Very near neck

Worrywort

Hello everyone,
I had a bad tummyache early this morning - wasn't those sharp kinda pain but those dull aching pain at the lower abdomen that persisted for about an hour or two.. whether i stood, sat or laid down didn't help to alleviate the pain =( went to gynae this morning just to make sure nothing was wrong and he quickly checked if cervix was open to ensure no premature labour etc. Nope, cervix still closed and all was ok...He said it may have been wind or baby's head pressing against one of the vessels or something.

During the scan he noticed that the position of the umbilical cord was very very near baby's neck and advised me to be careful.. but i'm not sure how to be careful when it's not something i can control and everyday i can't help but be worried where the cord is. I've read online that you can monitor the baby's kicks and all and flag immediately if there's any decrease in activity but i don't wish to wait until that happens!

Does any mummy out there have a similar experience?

yea....my cord is already 1 round baby's neck...doctor say no sudden movements and turning. 1 round is considered normal. Just limit your movements as much as you can. My baby has the habit of playing with the cord. everytime ultra scan we saw that she has the cord IN her hand..(hand itchy). Can only pray and hope that it wun tie around. Sometimes is the baby feel hot, so he/she will be restless inside and keep moving. So try to keep yourself cool.

Worrywort

One round around the neck?! I would freak out... But aren't u worried? I went in for a scan today for decreased movement, doc wasn't happy with the ctg cos at 32 weeks it shld b more active than that.. Ctg showed sleeping patterns, tho nurse shook my tummy twice to wake her up but still same . Ended up they sent me to have lunch first before doing a 2nd time n it was better... How far along are u n which gynae are u seeing?

Haha I'm in my 31st week. 1 round around the neck is very common. As long as I can feel her moving is ok. Plus decrease movement in this trimester is normal becos the space is lesser so sometime u wun feel the baby. I read up a lot to prepare myself so in case anything happen I know what is happening and wun freak out. I'm seeing dr sc chew at mount Elizabeth.

Worrywort

Looks like our edd is abt the same ! I try to read up too but seems that the more I read the more worried I become =( i really should try to be as calm as u!
do u chart ur baby's movements?

not really...haha. I only take note of her sleeping time and active time. So when she's sleeping, I dun have to worry about her not moving cos i know she's sleeping. When she's active I'll talk to her and play with her. Sometimes she'll just not move for 1 day cos babies are humans also..got mood one..they can suddenly dun move for one day den the next they start moving again..=.= Very happening one inside. Sometimes if u really worry about no movement or what, you just have to take a bright light and shine on your tummy and talk ask the baby to move, most of the time they will. I do that and i think my baby going to kill me. hahaha wanna sleep but mummy keep waking her up just to feel her move..just relax!

meowonline

Does shining bright light on the tummy really wakes the baby up? Does it really work? I havent tried talking to the baby yet..dunno how to hehe

Worrywort

haha guess what i haven't got the chance to buy a torch light... other than that i don't seem to have any other devices capable of shining bright light, unless the iPhone is considered..
i end up eating though i'm not hungry just to get baby to move.. sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. it's driving me insane >.<
or i drink something cold, like water or milk ... and she gets hiccups instead.... sigh!

zzz i just went for check up.......my baby has 2 rounds of cord around her neck..=.= too active...next week got check up...now have to limit my movements even more....argh!!!

meaning no sudden movements...NO TOSSING AND TURNING IN BED. Walk must walk straight..cannot look back while walking... but not so bad la...babies dun breathe inside..they get the oxygen from the placenta...next check up is in 2 weeks...now can only talk to baby...ask her to move OUT of the cord..its loose la..but doctor say anything just call him. But baby is head down. perfect position for birth.

Worrywort

ohhh okay thought it's just the head turning type..
i went for scan this morning, doc didn't say anything abt the cord, so i presume it's ok, just told me heartbeat is ok fluid is ok, though baby is on the small size at about 1.7 kg..

how's yours going?

Worrywort

just turned 33 weeks, about 1.7kg... doc didnt measure length though ......
was told to eat nutritious food now so baby will absorb n grow faster. But i don't know how much of it goes to the baby .. i think most of it is on me haha!

LOL....same...33 weeks 1.7kg...mine 30 weeks 1.6 kg...=.= means mine is heavier...I am eating A LOT. I just had a pan pizza and drumlets for dinner and honey melon and watermelon. Do u take prenatal vitamins?

Worrywort

Yup I am eating multi vits, fish oil and calcium tablets...
Sigh, I been told not to eat junk food anymore! So all I can eat now is fish, veg... Fruits... Etc ... But doc said I'm small sized (1.5m) so baby size corresponds to my size so still ok.. As long as healthy abit small it's ok la. Good that u r eating alot man, how much have u put on ? I've put on 10.. Officially :(

i'm 1.58...put on 8kgs...but i was chubby to begin with. I'm eating a lot of fruits and vege..haha.but i dun like meat lei...