Potty training at night for 3 yo kid

debyphang

My girl is 35months old and started from 2 mths ago she always refused to wear diaper at night. So, I started night potty training. But she almost every night bed-wetting, sometimes event 3 times per night I gotto wakeup to change for her. Both my husband and myself can't sleep well these weeks!!

She's able to go toilet herself very well in daytime since she was 20mths old.

I always doubt is she ready for night potty training? Care to share your experience?

PinkDiamonds

I haven't tried night time potting training yet, but will start in December when she'll be around 31 months. She is trained quite well in the daytime.

I know the "theory" in night potty training is:
- Get her to pass urine before bedtime
- Restrict the amount of fluids she takes in the evening

What time does she usually sleep? After the bed wetting does she request for more fluids/milk?

How about waking her up before you and hubby go to bed to pass urine (if you sleep much later than her).

misnerva

My girl was successfully trained at night at 2.5yrs. What I did was to keep reminding her at night (for 3 nights straight) to tell mommy if she needs to go toilet. By the second night, when I asked her for the 6th time to tell me when she needs to pee, sleepily she actually said yes need to pee, so I quickly woke her up and rush her to toilet, and she peed. By 3rd night, she woke me up to tell me.

May be tougher for working moms who work the next day, so maybe try on weekends. I didn't get much sleep cos every 2 hours I wake to check whether she needs to pee. But my hard work paid off quickly. I also reward her during the first 2 weeks of night training if her bed is dry. I reward her 2 pieces of m&m chocs. The mini ones. :)

debyphang

Thanks for sharing! My girl is successful to sleep without bed-wetting. The very important key for her to stay dry the whole night is - follow her routine!!
She will wake up herself to potty if she sleeps on time and did not miss her nap. Bravo! She is at another milestone.