pre-natal massage / foot massage

lynnzo

Dear Mummies;

anyone done pre-natal massage before?im in my 38weeks and looking for masseur for home pre-natal massage...if have only foot massage will be better..cos my leg is soooo swollen and aching...tried going for foot reflexology ie Wan Yang,but they dont want to do for me :embarrassed::embarrassed: thanks in advance..

didy

Dear Mummies;

anyone done pre-natal massage before?im in my 38weeks and looking for masseur for home pre-natal massage...if have only foot massage will be better..cos my leg is soooo swollen and aching...tried going for foot reflexology ie Wan Yang,but they dont want to do for me :embarrassed::embarrassed: thanks in advance..

i heard its not recommended to do any massage when pregnant. my legs are also swollen and aching.. and so is my back. but since u are already in 38th week, why don't just wait it out? i'm nearing my 34th week, will just bear with it till i deliver, then can do whatever massage i want without fearing any risk to the baby :)

Mike Daddy

Hi Ladies,

You can call Indah Faidah @ 9139 7178. She does both pre-natal and post natal massage, been massaging for 25years ++

Go to the link below for benefits of pre-natal massage:
Pre & Post Natal Massage | 88DB Singapore

PS: She's my wife personal masseuse, highly recommend her. Low price and good service guaranteed!

Hope this helps. Cheers!

missyqiqi

Dear Mummies;

normal foot reflexology wouldn't do for u because their massage and pressing is very hard which we pregnant can't do. Prenatal massage is very soft and gentle. U can do if u want, I started doing mind during 2nd trim, really relieves alot of water retention even though mind is not serious, but after doing, I will rush to toilet because it really helps to drain out the "waste water", relieves all the aching and promote blood circulation. Unless u have underlying medical condition that u want to check with ur dr, otherwise prenatal massage is ok.

I do mine in one of the spa outlet in serangoon garden, each session is about $60 (1 hour) plus after taking up package. Is a bit on the high side but because of the area, the professionalism and the services are good so I'm quite alright. Otherwise there is a few famous pre natal spa outlet u can check it out sometimes it will go as low as $40 plus per session.

durianfan

When I had water retention problem some weeks back, my gynae recommended me to wear TED stocking which will promote blood circulation. I bought it from Guardian pharmacy (S$50+ a pair for thigh high stocking) and wear it almost every night for about 1 hour. There's usually a lot of urine after that and my water retention has since reduced.

panpan

Hm... i think alot of ppls will disagree with me on this one. =X

I've been having foot massage and shoulder massage (about once to twice a mth) since i was in 2nd trisem at a place near my office. (my masseur adviced to avoid massaging the first tri coz pregnancy not stable yet) and it's not one that is specially for preggy ppls. I have been having my massage there even before i'm preggy though.

From my experience, having a massage is good for blood circulation (similar to exercising) and promotes relaxation when done properly.. And i love it when i'm being massaged. Of course, during preggy, there are a few areas that the masseur have to avoid stimulation/totally avoid as the "xue dao" are linked to the uterus/womb.

Generally, the masseur will only apply v light pressure/smooth strokes to "safe" areas. My masseur refuse to press harder when i request for it, saying that like this is good enough.

I'm currently in my 3rd tri and my bb is all well and healthy. :001_302:

But bottom line, i think it's still safer to engage a prenatal masseur if you have not been massaged regularly before. Either that or self massage/get hubby to massage. :tlaugh:

Hope this helps!

lynnzo

Ya,im still looking for a massseur tat can do pre natal massage especially for my foot..its very swollen n have this 'tightness' feeling..not to mention occasional cramps..Hubby will massage for me at nite,but just light strokes..cant wait to deliver!!