Preemies who transferred to KK

munchkin2

Hi,
would like to check if any mother gave birth to a preemie in a private hospital and transferred the baby eventually to KK hospital?
Was it because the private hospitals lack the more comprehensive facilities that KK has, or was it more a cost issue?
Many thanks!

stonston

Most of the premmies I know transfer to KKH due to COST factor.

I know of 2 couples who insisted that their premmies stayed at Mt A (well, they earn alot and cost was not a factor to them). Their premmies did well at Mt A and they are around 3yo now :)

Tania

hi,
juz like to share my experinence. Initially, i also hv tot of tranferring to my BB to KKH. but after a frz who advise me,i got a second tot lo.
he told me that a transferred patient, they charge u as pte patient rate & hv to spend above 20k in kkh then u entitle for a downgrade.(not sure is this true). so i ask myself Y do i want to take the risk of transporting a 'TOFU'(my bb) to another hosp where i will be spending the same amt $$$ in the pte hosp .. that's y i stay put. & my premmie did well in pte hosp too.

stonston

Tania, there will be financial assessment before you are allowed to downgrade to subsidized patient. My friend was put through that and it's a very tedious process. She broke down a few times during the interview (about their finances).