Pregnanacy Total Cost

LoVeS

i just delivered in KKH in mar. Think their service have improved. I opt for csection and I had to paid abt 2.1k cash.
u opt for c-sect?! :elvis::elvis: i tot KKH dun allow patient to opt for c-sect?! :err:

ezenne

ya i opt for csection. cos my 1st one is emergency csection. SO this time round i told my gynae, i dun wan to waste my time n $.

mayb they change their policy already. They also allow the hubby into the operating theatre now..

so this time, my hubby was with me during the opt. but advice from my hubby, for those who cant take bloody scene, better dun go in...

Amulet

for me,
1st tri:
go polyclinic take preg test + referral letter to KKH: $20+
1st month check up @ KKH:$100
2nd n 3rd month check up @ KKH: $50 + $50

2nd tri onwards, changed to private doc as don like the feelin of not havin specific OB each time i go to KKH.. so changed to Dr. Lawrence Ang @ Thomson Woman's Clinic
1st check up at TWC : $100+ (week 14)
took up package from weeks 16 onward... includes all consultations, multi vits, ultrasound scans and urine tests up till delivery.. + 1 free 3D scan..
pre-natal package: $500 (but they subtract off the $100+ i paid the 1st visit, so i pay only ard $400)
Detail scanning done @ TMC at week 20 : $107

total prenatal cost:
ard $800

Delivery:
spinal C sec + 3 days 2 night stay.. i opt for 4bedded but get free upgrade to 2bedded which is in the package of my OB... including baby's bill, after medisave deduction, i paid $839 in cash.. ($800 paid upon admission @TMC as deposit)

:Dancing_wub:

Last edited:

LoVeS

ya i opt for csection. cos my 1st one is emergency csection. SO this time round i told my gynae, i dun wan to waste my time n $.

mayb they change their policy already. They also allow the hubby into the operating theatre now..

so this time, my hubby was with me during the opt. but advice from my hubby, for those who cant take bloody scene, better dun go in...
Oh ur 1st is c-sect ah no wonder. I tink normally 1st time c-sect then the nxt baby will b c-sect too unless u tell gynae u wanna go by natural so nt really consider as opt aso.

LoVeS

for me,
1st tri:

2nd tri onwards, changed to private doc as don like the feelin of not havin specific OB each time i go to KKH.. so changed to Dr. Lawrence Ang @ Thomson Woman's Clinic
took up package from weeks 16 onward... includes all consultations, multi vits, ultrasound scans and urine tests up till delivery.. + 1 free 3D scan..
pre-natal package: $500 (but they subtract off the $100+ i paid the 1st visit, so i pay only ard $400)

total prenatal cost:
ard $800

Delivery:
spinal C sec + 3 days 2 night stay, including baby's bill, after medisave deduction, i paid $839 in cash.. ($800 paid upon admission @TMC as deposit)

eh i tink it better u let TS knw which bedded ward u stay :tlaugh:

ezenne

Oh ur 1st is c-sect ah no wonder. I tink normally 1st time c-sect then the nxt baby will b c-sect too unless u tell gynae u wanna go by natural so nt really consider as opt aso.
my gynea did ask me to consider natural but told him better not waste time...

oh btw, mine is 1 beded. The delivery charge has up quite alot compared to my 1st delivery in 2005.

littlerat

Does all the clinics in TMC offer pregnancy packages?
Because I went to TLC and they told me that they don't offer package anymore and they also help calculate base on their ala carte price, it is also quite near to those taking package, which is kinda of true also ...
But just wanna make sure ...
Any ideas??

mmy_lizz

Hi All .. Thanks for the reply and sy for my ate response. As of now I don know whethr mine wud be a nrml delivery but hope it wud be. My Gynea is in Consultant position in NUH.
mine at NUH normal delivery wit epidural.. think it was arnd 1.8 k but deduct all from medisave.. i got even like 500++ money back cheque from NUH.

boggie

HI snhanp,

Just like wat all said it so hard to tell you wat the $$$.
All depend on the choice.

From my own experience "mother of one"

there is a pre checkup (Go to any GP will do and cheaper)
- that cost me say $80 for all the blood test

Following that is the 3mth onward regular check up (Private doc in TMC) with scan exclude medicine

- package $ 600 can claim $ 450 from Govt (shld be ard that amt)
- medicine and other check up abt $300-$500 if no OSCAR test taken

Delievery Charges (Doc fee only)

- $1500 for normal
- $1800 for C - section

After birth (Doc fee per visit in hosiptal)
- $100 per visit for mother
- $ 50 per visit for baby

Total hospital for a 4 bedded in TCM approx $4000 to $5000 less Medisave would be less than $600 cash.

Then follow up checkup will be approx $200 addition.

Total to set aside will say $2000 if nothing go wrong.

But if you in budget i there private gyn which is so cheap that they include blood test , medicine or vit due pregnancy period.. end of the day delievery in TCM only cos $300-$500 dollar cash in all.

HEE HEE

qristeele

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi all, just to check if this is how the payment procedure goes if I were to deliver at say TMC. Upon admission (say if I were to take a 1-bedded room), I'll have to pay $1200 in cash/nets as deposit. Upon discharge from the hospital, they will issue me with a bill and do I have to pay the full amount upfront before I leave the hospital or can I make the Medisave claim first and then just pay them the difference later?[/FONT][/FONT]

tiziana

Does any mummy here delivery their baby in M.E?
how much is the cost?
Thank you
You mean Mount Elizabeth? I didn't know Mount Elizabeth has delivery for mothers.

If so, it should be expensive as it's a private hospital. maybe you can go check with them or go to their website. :tlaugh:

CynCyn

for me,
1st tri:

total prenatal cost:
ard $800

Delivery:
spinal C sec + 3 days 2 night stay.. i opt for 4bedded but get free upgrade to 2bedded which is in the package of my OB... including baby's bill, after medisave deduction, i paid $839 in cash.. ($800 paid upon admission @TMC as deposit)

The package you took at 16 weeks onwards seems cheap . What does TWC refers to ?
I'm only a few weeks but decided to switch from KKH to TMC as well . =]

norfen

hi all,
i'm currently in my 12 weeks and I'm seeing Dr Phyllis from TLC.
now contemplating whether to choose TMC or KKH for my delivery. But most prob, would be TMC. altho KKH seems tempting due to the hassle-free location. (for me and family members to visit).
Does TLC provide the prenatal package upon 12 weeks onwards?
and whats the room charges like as of 2008? anyone delivered there this year?

January84

prenatal from ACJ clinic in TMC from 12 weeks is $600+.

TMC:
delivery package this year for normal delivery is $2.2k
charged as 4 bedded, gynae delivery fees, child's fee, bb jabs, your meals, cotton, pads, ...

just sign up a package (from wk 12) at TMC Dr Sim for $700

Requested to split the payment into 2.. and they r okay..

was showed by the nurse about the delivery charges..
natural birth - $800
natural birth with forceps/vaccum - $1.2k
if im not wrong c-sect is 1.7k or 1.9k..

doctors' visit per day is $150-$250..

i suppose add up need to pay quite alot after medisave deduction..:tconfused: