Pregnant again!

CWL

Hi mummies, I just tested and I am pregnant again. I just delivered in April this year and my baby is only 4 months old. Anyone had the same experience?

Is it too fast to get pregnant again?

apollo

i have a few frens who got preg again when their babies were only 2-3 mths old. some even went thru c-sect for the 1st one. =)

CWL

i have a few friends who got preg again when their babies were only 2-3 mths old. some even went thru c-sect for the 1st one. =)
Thks! But colleagues will be unhappy or shock mah? Coz they need to cover me when I am on maternity leave. I am not mentally prepared for another baby. Hmm need to inform hubby tonite.

CWL

Thks! But colleagues will be unhappy or shock mah? Coz they need to cover me when I am on maternity leave. I am not mentally prepared for another baby. Hmm need to inform hubby tonite.
By the way I just went back to work after my maternity leave. Later my colleagues will be surprise that I am pregnant again

AngieTan

I am not much different from you and very much in your same situation about 6 months back... =P

Got pregnant again when my boy was only 6 months old... At first, confused and mixed feelings... Also thinking how can I cope emotionally and financially... Felt unfair and guilty towards my boy too as he has not gotten too much of my attention yet and I have to care for another soon... Can't carry him as much now... However, after awhile, was looking forward to having this 2nd child... Learnt to accept it as to me, it's God's will and gift... :)

My mum said one time go through hardship but will be easier next time already... True in a way but I think talking about our body, maybe not too good cos like have not't fully recover? Hehe...

Now I am 25 weeks pregnant and my boy turning 1 years old in 2 weeks' time... Will be the time when he is hardest to take care of, climbing up and down, crawling here and there, trying to walk... What I am already experiencing now... Haha... Headache!! Can't imagine when this baby born, how??! Lol... But still, have to accept it and do your best... =D

Last edited:
hey CWL. I am a live example. totally like u. I got pregnant again when I girl is almost 4 months. I jus got back to work ONLY n i got pregnant again.! my colleagues were damn nasty kind. initially when I knew i was pregnant again.... I wana go for abortion. i duno how to face the stressed of coping with 2 kids with short age gap. n seriously duno how to break the news to my nasty colleagues. I went for appointment to fixed for abortion, n even booked the hospital for abortion le. when we went back for a final appointment with my gynae. gynae let me listen to her heartbeat n she is actually moving. my heart sank... decide to keep the bb. cant b bother abt wat others think. its my bb, my life. I m glad that i keep her... I m now almost 37 weeks pregnant n my girl turning one in a few days.=) when i break the news to my colleague... one ask me to go for ligation, one ask me" you wana give birth to a dozen isit?" but hack la. cant b bothered. so long as I m happy. they even bullied me... ask me to take heavy stuff here n there. well..... cant b bothered too... jus do wat is right... which is keep the bb.=) nth else matters...

CWL

I am not much different from you and very much in your same situation about 6 months back... =P

Got pregnant again when my boy was only 6 months old... At first, confused and mixed feelings... Also thinking how can I cope emotionally and financially... Felt unfair and guilty towards my boy too as he has not gotten too much of my attention yet and I have to care for another soon... Can't carry him as much now... However, after awhile, was looking forward to having this 2nd child... Learnt to accept it as to me, it's God's will and gift... :)

My mum said one time go through hardship but will be easier next time already... True in a way but I think talking about our body, maybe not too good cos like have not't fully recover? Hehe...

Now I am 25 weeks pregnant and my boy turning 1 years old in 2 weeks' time... Will be the time when he is hardest to take care of, climbing up and down, crawling here and there, trying to walk... What I am already experiencing now... Haha... Headache!! Can't imagine when this baby born, how??! Lol... But still, have to accept it and do your best... =D
Hi AngieTan, thanks for sharing. So I guess I am not alone..But it's really quite stressful to learn that I am pregnant again. I have not seen my gyn yet and not sure how many weeks le.

I feel that I haven enjoy my newborn girl yet and I gotta go through pregnancy again. I think 2nd pregnancy is quite hard as our first one is going through crawling and walking milestone, which is very tired for us.

I also think that I have to accept and get on with it. Xin ku for the first few years ba. :)

Ivy Miao

Actually, I feel it's better this way than u got preggy again when ur child is 1 or 2 years old.. My sis has the same situation as you. She has no problem carrying her first child when she's in her first trimester. Not that heavy. And when her first child starts to walk, she's already in 2nd trimester. Baby in her tummy is stable already. I'm in my 8 week preg and have a 20month old son. Doc advise not to carry him. First trimester not stable yet and u have to carry 10over KG child everyday. Not that advisable. Plus they know who their mummy is. Keep clinging in to u, want u toncarry but u can't. Heartbroken...

It's a blessing to be able to conceive again.. Another 10months being a queen in the house. :)

CWL

hey CWL. I am a live example. totally like you. I got pregnant again when I girl is almost 4 months. I just got back to work ONLY n i got pregnant again.! my colleagues were damn nasty kind. initially when I knew i was pregnant again.... I want to go for abortion. i dont know how to face the stressed of coping with 2 kids with short age gap. n seriously dont know how to break the news to my nasty colleagues. I went for appointment to fixed for abortion, n even booked the hospital for abortion . when we went back for a final appointment with my gynae. gynae let me listen to her heartbeat n she is actually moving. my heart sank... decide to keep the baby. cant b bother about what others think. its my baby, my life. I m glad that i keep her... I m now almost 37 weeks pregnant n my girl turning one in a few days.=) when i break the news to my colleague... one ask me to go for ligation, one ask me" you want to give birth to a dozen isit?" but hack . cant b bothered. so long as I m happy. they even bullied me... ask me to take heavy stuff here n there. well..... cant b bothered too... just do what is right... which is keep the baby.=) nth else matters...
Hi charlottetan, omg your colleagues are so nasty and heartless! How come got such ppl! Yup u shouldn't care abt what they think, it's your life and your baby. they got no right to comment at all.

Our situatuion is so similar. Actually I also thought to go abort but when I look at my 4 month old girl, I keep thinking of the little life inside me. Can't bear to do it.

Thanks for sharing and I know that I am not alone. I think I better make appointment and see my gyn soon. I actually got symptom of pregnancy like super hungry and feel nauses but today I feel better leh Not so hungry and I can swallow my food. Not sure if my little life inside me is ok, coz sud the symptom seems to go away. I had a missed miscarriage before and the symptom also disappear one day.

CWL

Actually, I feel it's better this way than u got preggy again when ur child is 1 or 2 years old.. My sis has the same situation as you. She has no problem carrying her first child when she's in her first trimester. Not that heavy. And when her first child starts to walk, she's already in 2nd trimester. Baby in her tummy is stable already. I'm in my 8 week preg and have a 20month old son. Doc advise not to carry him. First trimester not stable yet and u have to carry 10over KG child everyday. Not that advisable. Plus they know who their mummy is. Keep clinging in to u, want u toncarry but u can't. Heartbroken...

It's a blessing to be able to conceive again.. Another 10months being a queen in the house. :)

Hi Ivy Miao, thanks for sharing. Yup by the time I give birth to my 2nd one, my 4 month old girl already 1 yr old le. I still got carry my 4 month old coz she's not very heavy. I haven told anyone in my family yet, only me and hubby knows abt it. So I still take care of my girl and carry her during weekends and when I come home from work.

I think my 2nd one due date is about next year April, same as my 4 month old. Me and hubby also planning to let them have the same birthday. hehez

Hi charlottetan, omg your colleagues are so nasty and heartless! How come got such ppl! Yup u shouldn't care abt what they think, it's your life and your baby. they got no right to comment at all.

Our situatuion is so similar. Actually I also thought to go abort but when I look at my 4 month old girl, I keep thinking of the little life inside me. Can't bear to do it.

Thanks for sharing and I know that I am not alone. I think I better make appointment and see my gyn soon. I actually got symptom of pregnancy like super hungry and feel nauses but today I feel better leh Not so hungry and I can swallow my food. Not sure if my little life inside me is ok, coz sud the symptom seems to go away. I had a missed miscarriage before and the symptom also disappear one day.
yah they are seriously nasty.... but its my life. lols.... stay strong...=) ur bb needs u....=D

Ivy Miao

Hi Ivy Miao, thanks for sharing. Yup by the time I give birth to my 2nd one, my 4 month old girl already 1 yr old le. I still got carry my 4 month old coz she's not very heavy. I haven told anyone in my family yet, only me and hubby knows abt it. So I still take care of my girl and carry her during weekends and when I come home from work.

I think my 2nd one due date is about next year April, same as my 4 month old. Me and hubby also planning to let them have the same birthday. hehez
I think May...cuz I'm 2 mths and my edd on 1st April... Lolx... Arrange appt with gynae and check... Some old ppl dun like this idea. I dunno why. My sis has got the same idea as u and ur hub. Wanted the same date. But sis mil dun want. Unless it's naturally the same date.

Good Luck!

CWL

I think May...cuz I'm 2 mths and my edd on 1st April... Lolx... Arrange appt with gynae and check... Some old ppl dont like this idea. I dont know why. My sis has got the same idea as you and your hub. Wanted the same date. But sis mother in law dont want. Unless it's naturally the same date.

Good Luck!
Hi Ivy Miao, Congrats to you!! Ok I better let natural take its course ba. Yup I will arrange for an appointment with my gynea. Just call them this afternoon but ask me to call again Tmr Coz they got auditors coming.

Ivy Miao

Thanks... My son is so active now to the point I have to shooo him away so he dun hurt my tummy. Somehow they can feel mum is pregnant. Onli when Im peg, he likes to sit on my tummy, press my tummy and even kick!! Ur baby at 4month won't do that... Don't worry.. So enjoy ur pregnancy!! :)

AngieTan

And you know what's the good part? You don't have to worry about how you should break the news to your first or worried your first will be jealous cos now and by the time the second one is born, your first still 不怎么懂事... Hehe...

Another good thing is if you wanna "chop chop" close shop! LOL! Me not getting younger so it's not a bad thing after all but of course, I did not deliberately get pregnant so fast also lah... =P

Just be prepared that it will be real tough being pregnant and having to take care of a young baby at the same time... Sometimes I will easily lose my patience towards my boy and feel really guilty after that but can't really control the emotions... Especially if you have a fussy baby like mine and not easy to take care of right from the start... Also feel bad about having to push my son away when he gets too near my tummy... Sigh... Poor boy may be wondering why mummy don't want him close? =(

What to do? Make it up to them later on lor I guess... =/

Last edited:

AngieTan

Another thing to add, I don't think it's really that realistic to set timelines like wanting to have another child in how many years time cos I think sometimes things don't go according to plan... What I mean is, you may not be able to conceive within the time frame you set for yourself unless you really so "zhun"... JMO lah...

But somehow I think it's all fated de lah for us... It's like I took two and a half years to conceive my boy but only 2nd "act" within 6 months from birth, I conceived again... So I told myself, 人算不如天算! =P

By the way, how's your gynae's visit? Update k? =)

Last edited:

PinkDiamonds

I was pregnant with twins when my #1 was 8-9 months old!

Now it is a joy to see them grow up together. Right now the eldest is 27 months, the twins are 10 months.

xtneqt

Hi CWL,

Like what other mums here have said, it will be ok.
I was pregnant with my second when my first was only 6months old. Both delivered by C section. All is well now. Of course it's tiring but manageable. I am blessed with a husband who is also very hands on with the children.

The first few weeks (or months) after the news of the second pregnancy will be the toughest, you wll have all the worries, apprehensions and fears. But a baby is a blessing... dont worry about the colleagues they will learn to live with it :) Prepare your eldest for the coming of a sibling.

Love is never divided only multiplied :) so dont worry about not being able to give more to either child.

CWL

Another thing to add, I dont't think it's really that realistic to set timelines like wanting to have another child in how many years time cos I think sometimes things dont't go according to plan... What I mean is, you may not be able to conceive within the time frame you set for yourself unless you really so "zhun"... JMO ...

But somehow I think it's all fated for us... It's like I took two and a half years to conceive my boy but only 2nd "act" within 6 months from birth, I conceived again... So I told myself, 人算不如天算! =P

By the way, how's your gynae's visit? Update k? =)

Thks AngieTan! Yup u got a point there Hehez. My check up is next mon 5 sep 11, will update u ppl again. Thks for the encouragement mummies, I feel so much better :)