Pregnant and down with fever twice (as high as 39.50

knut29

Dear Mommies

need your previous knowledge.. I have been down with fever twice recently, and the temperature shoot as high as 39.5deg cel..

wonder what kind of effects will it have on my baby? very scared now..

you see, all mommies would want their baby to be borned healthy and in pink of health..

kindly advise..

thanks a million!

angelwendy

Dear Mommies

need your previous knowledge.. I have been down with fever twice recently, and the temperature shoot as high as 39.5deg cel..

you see, all mommies would want their baby to be borned healthy and in pink of health..

kindly advise..

thanks a million!

actually when i'm about to due.. i have fever for 3 days.. & is also quite high... then i go see doctor to get medicine to lower the fever... so far everything ok... nothing affect my baby... have u seen a doctor yet?

apollo

Dear Mommies

kindly advise..

thanks a million!
dun wry, i often fall ill when i was preg, including fever. u can take those normal white panadol (but NOT panadol extra/flu). but if fever still dun subside, i think is bvetter to see a gp =)

lekdao

Dun worry, it is okie. You can always go back to your gynae when you fall sick. The medication they prescrible will not harm the baby. And also they hv a full records what medication you hv during your pregnancy.

knut29

thank you mommies!

ya i visited GP for the two times i fall sick with fever (coz it happen to be sunday and my gynae dont work on sundays).. took panadol as prescribed (normal ones, not flu kind).. even dont dare to take too much coz i find med not good for body, esp now with a baby inside..

fever has already subsided..

after "hearing" what you mommies said, feel less worried.. thank you!

apollo

thank you mommies!

ya i visited GP for the two times i fall sick with fever (coz it happen to be sunday and my gynae dont work on sundays).. took panadol as prescribed (normal ones, not flu kind).. even dont dare to take too much coz i find med not good for body, esp now with a baby inside..

fever has already subsided..

after "hearing" what you mommies said, feel less worried.. thank you!
my advice is, i rather u take medi regularly until u fully recover den didnt take regularly (or as advised by GP), end up getting worse and u might nd stronger medi to get urself cured. when i fall ill during pregnancy, i will go to GP immediately, get medi (at least when u just fall ill, dun nd too strong medi), take for 2-3 days and quickly recover =)

actually when i'm about to due.. i have fever for 3 days.. & is also quite high... then i go see doctor to get medicine to lower the fever... so far everything ok... nothing affect my baby... have you seen a doctor yet?

yeah seeing a doctor won't do any harm, anyways for all of the pregnant mommies, always take a lot of care.. :tlaugh:

Hi all,

Just to add on to what some mummies have said, i was down with fever resulting from sinusitis during my 8th week... Went to GP and she says when a pregnant lady has fever, impt thing is to keep yourself hydrated and do not let your body temperature shoot high cos it will affect the baby. So if can drinks lots of water, cold if you prefer to cool your body down....