Prenatal Yoga

Hello,

I would love to take up pregnancy yoga too. Does anybody know where we may be able to do it at? It will help in labour and also to help us relax during the 9 months. Anybody who may be able to share?

OrangeBeauty

I'm interested to join also. 33 years old, first time mum-to-be. Think do some prenatal yoga may help for natural delivery.

Hi Orange beauty,

I'm 33 and a first time mum-to-be too! Looks like not much response on this thread. I will try to find prenatal yoga classes and if I come across any, will post and share it with you!

andieluv2

Hi, I was a yogi before I got pregnant and did yoga thru put my pregnancy except for my first trim as adviced by the doctor.

Totally agree that yoga helped me relax and oso help me control and not to put on too much weight during pregnancy... as I am overweight, so with diet control and regular yoga session (2-3session per week) I only gain 6-7kg thru out the 9 months. I was very active still till I deliver. I had no backache, leg cramps or water retention thanks to the regular stretching exercise that I did during class. But one thing abt yoga is that u gotta love urself. And it means do not over strain urself. This is especially so whn ya pregnant. I am going to pure yoga in nee ann city (was with them since 5 yrs ago) and whn I was pregnant I attended prenatal classes initially. But once I got the knowledge of prenatal yoga, I start attending normal yoga classes too and do modification to poses that I cant do. So its really impt that u attend basic prenatal classes first to gain knowledge on wat to do and wat not, how to protect urself and baby etc.

Thou everypne say yoga helps in delivery, but sadly for me, it didnt really help as my cervix was high riding (according to the nurse who did pv examination for me) I had a hard time dilating. In the end whn for urgent c-section. Sp this is really konda individual. But still I would say yoga keeps both mummy and baby healthy during pregnancy, definitely takes away pregnancy pain and aches.

Hths...

Rzena

I just started going for pre-natal yoga last week at Affinity Yoga (River Valley branch). Was very surprised when I walked into the class, coz I was the only one in there! So unpopular meh?

Anyway I enjoyed the session alot, made me feel very relaxed and refreshed after that. I'm going to make it more regular now..hopefully can do so weekly.
If anyone else interested, please join me so I won't be alone. It's 8pm every Thursday. :D

Rzena

Hi jellybean, I paid about $588 for 25 sessions. You can choose across various yoga classes and across their 2 studios, and is valid for 12 months. They have various promotions across the year and I'm not sure what are the current rates now... I bought this package in Jan 13 before I got preggy.