preparation

joanneang

Hi mummies,

i'm due around two weeks times, i need to know what sort of preparation do i need to make in terms of mentally and physically?

i'm nervous and feeling rather stress about it.

ling.er

Hi mummies,

i'm due around two weeks times, i need to know what sort of preparation do i need to make in terms of mentally and physically?

i'm nervous and feeling rather stress about it.

Grats Joanneang mummy ^^ after u due i guess is mine turn haha... My edd is on June 22 but doc say might be first wk of june.. Which is 3 wk later..
Btw which Hospital u stayin @ ? Mine is M.A.H :tlaugh:
I nw also feel nervous .. keep thinkin hw my baby look like haha... like daddy or mummy...

Renzie

Don't be stressed up, try to take things slowly, and enjoy some couple time with your husband..( you'll find that both of you barely have time for each other after baby is born.

In terms of physically, take walks as it helps to open your cervix, but don't overwork yourself.

Double check on your list of things-to-do and/or things-to-bring to the hospital. Then just sit back and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

angelwendy

Don't get too stress... actually for me when the day before i wanna deliver my boy... which i dont know... i was preparing his cot... put on bed sheet... pillow & blanket... & also i wash all the fan in the house... checking my hospital bag... haha... i don't know y suddenly i got so much energy to do all this... then that very night 2 am... labour pain set in... i was about to sleep... but the pain just don't go away... :embarrassed: i was quite calm actually... i still go shower before going to the hospital... when hubby is driving i still ask him take his time & go pump petrol... haha... funny right...:001_302: i think as the pain come.. just take a deep breath... it will help alot.. & also try to walk more in the labour room before the gynae put on drip for u.... it will help the cervix open faster by walking.. & also walking u wont feel so much pain as well... i regretted not taking epi when i reach hospital... ended i suffer for 7 hours then decide to take it... so if u cannot tahan pain... just ask for it.. it will help u relax... & also can rest while u waiting to push.. save more energy.. haha... actually i missed the days when i'm preggy & also when i in labour...

& also try to go dating with ur hubby as much as possible.. before ur baby comes out... go movie... go for a walk... u will miss those days.. haha

TANZHENZHI

Ya i agree with wendy & renzie, walking really helps alot. Relax yourself and dun think so much about the labour things, when the time comes, just calm down and take a shower before going hospital and rmb to eat something so when come to pushing you still have the strength. :) I didn't prepare much things to hospital, the hospital will provide. Only after i deliver then i tell my hubby what things i need he went home and take. I still went hair cutting on the day i was about to deliver haha. I actually feel the labour pain le, but i tahan until big big pain then go hospital. I felt labour pain in the morning i woke up then went for a hair cut in the afternoon, ard 10.30pm when i about to slp, wow the pain come very regularly then i tell hubby i cannot tahan anymore, i reach hospital at 11pm then went into labour room, ard 4am, my little boy arrived. haha i also miss my pregnancy and labour process. It's fun and i really enjoy the whole pregnancy. Wish you and ling.er a smooth labour too. :001_302: *Enjoy* Tell us more about the process after you deliver.

ohstrawberry

Joanne, your is going to be induced or c-sect?
I remembered 2 weeks before my induced delivery, i was still working in airport with my huge belly, fighting with my swollen legs everyday, hahaha... But walking alot in airport did help me in fast delivery, i delivered less than 7hrs after induced.
You can read my delivery story at : http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f38/arrival-dearest-son-ryan-soo-10-nov-2009-a-25775/
Few days before my delivery, i was cleaning up my house, worrying the house not clean enough for the arrival of the baby, still climb up and down to wipe the kitchen walls, fold n unfold the baby clothings, think that's called nesting instincts.
I do squatting too, about a few times in a day (within my ability), it helped too cause i was 3-4cm when i admitted to hospital.
I get ready my hospital bag about 2 months before my delivery, kiasu abit but don't like to be unprepared if baby is coming earlier. But think about it, i think i packed too many unwanted stuffs in it, hahaha.... Hospital will provide most of the things and if not enough, can buy from the pharmacy there, so don't stress yourself too much with the stuffs.
Now you should relax and enjoy every moments with your hubby, when baby comes, really no time for lovey-dovey, my hubby keeps complaining i neglected him now.
Also talk and sing to your baby, they do understand, my boy will always smile when i sing those songs.

Last edited:

ling.er

I remembered 2 weeks before my induced delivery, i was still working in airport with my huge belly, fighting with my swollen legs everyday, hahaha... But walking alot in airport did help me in fast delivery, i delivered less than 7hrs after induced.
You can read my delivery story at : http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f38/arrival-dearest-son-ryan-soo-10-nov-2009-a-25775/
Few days before my delivery, i was cleaning up my house, worrying the house not clean enough for the arrival of the baby, still climb up and down to wipe the kitchen walls, fold n unfold the baby clothings, think that's called nesting instincts.
I do squatting too, about a few times in a day (within my ability), it helped too cause i was 3-4cm when i admitted to hospital.
I get ready my hospital bag about 2 months before my delivery, kiasu abit but dont't like to be unprepared if baby is coming earlier. But think about it, i think i packed too many unwanted stuffs in it, hahaha.... Hospital will provide most of the things and if not enough, can buy from the pharmacy there, so dont't stress yourself too much with the stuffs.
Now you should relax and enjoy every moments with your hubby, when baby comes, really no time for lovey-dovey, my hubby keeps complaining i neglected him now.
Also talk and sing to your baby, they do understand, my boy will always smile when i sing those songs.

Waaaaaa u sound relax when give birth to ur baby.. I wish i like u ^^ But doc last wk say he need to check weather my cervix can open anot if nt gt to c-section ( Which i dun wish to ) As im small size..

Hmmmm the pain is lik mens cramp or ?? Cos i stil blur about the pain ><":shyxxx:

TANZHENZHI

Ling.er dun worry about the pain, different ppl experience diff pain, like me i feel my back hurt alot until can't stand properly. Some of my friends experience pain in the stomach. So relax and enjoy the sweet moments w your hubby now. :Dancing_wub:

joanneang

Grats Joanneang mummy ^^ after you due i guess is mine turn haha... My edd is on June 22 but doc say might be first wk of june.. Which is 3 wk later..
Btw which Hospital you stayin @ ? Mine is M.A.H :tlaugh:
I now also feel nervous .. keep thinkin hw my baby look like haha... like daddy or mummy...
hi ling er, tks for replying. actually i'm supposed to deliver at KK but my gynae went to TMC so i follow him. In fact i just had my first check up there this afternoon and he told me my edd is around 1st week of Jun. I also thinking whether my boy will look like daddy or mummy er.

joanneang

I get ready my hospital bag about 2 months before my delivery, kiasu abit but dont't like to be unprepared if baby is coming earlier. But think about it, i think i packed too many unwanted stuffs in it, hahaha.... Hospital will provide most of the things and if not enough, can buy from the pharmacy there, so dont't stress yourself too much with the stuffs.
Mine is normal virginal delivery. I also scared that i might "over-bring" my stuffs to the hospital. hehe

ling.er

hi ling er, thanks for replying. actually i'm supposed to deliver at KK but my gynae went to Thomson Medical Center so i follow him. In fact i just had my first check up there this afternoon and he told me my edd is around 1st week of Jun. I also thinking whether my boy will look like daddy or mummy er.

1st wk of june ?? Same as mine... I goin check up tomo .. Juz hope ervything well Smooth for both of us ^^ :tlaugh:

Renzie

For me, I climb stairs everyday, but please do be careful, and only do what you can.
Mine was backache til can't stand straight.

Most of the stuff, the hosiptal provide. Just bring your tolietries like toothbrush, toothpaste, facial wash, towel, handphone n its charger. The rest can ask husband to bring later on for you when you about to discharge.

Don't worry, everything will be fine.

angelwendy

hi ling er, thanks for replying. actually i'm supposed to deliver at KK but my gynae went to Thomson Medical Center so i follow him. In fact i just had my first check up there this afternoon and he told me my edd is around 1st week of Jun. I also thinking whether my boy will look like daddy or mummy er.

Is ur gynae Doc Benjamin Tham??

angelwendy

Yup mine too.. he is very nice gynae... & very supportive... :001_302: good luck for ur delivery.. don't get too worried & stress... everything will be ok...

ohstrawberry

Small size doesn't mean can't go natural. My colleague very very small size, the waist i think only 22-23inches, she gave birth to her 2 sons naturally without epidural, she is my role model and encouragement, i always told myself, she can do it so can i, and indeed i did it!!!!
Dun think of the pain now, it come naturally, i dun experienced much contraction pain except for the one when nurse stretch my cervix with her fingers, so painful till my tears flow....
Relax is very important, i was singing lullaby to myself when on the delivery bed trying to comfort myself and holding the laughing gas in one hand, trying to numb myself with the gas when the discomfort came. So funny when i thought of the moments now.....

Waaaaaa you sound relax when give birth to your baby.. I wish i like you ^^ But doc last wk say he need to check weather my cervix can open anot if not gt to c-section ( Which i dont wish to ) As im small size..

Hmmmm the pain is lik mens cramp or ?? Cos i stil blur about the pain ><":shyxxx:

angelwendy

Small size doesn't mean can't go natural. My colleague very very small size, the waist i think only 22-23inches, she gave birth to her 2 sons naturally without epidural, she is my role model and encouragement, i always told myself, she can do it so can i, and indeed i did it!!!!
dont think of the pain now, it come naturally, i dont experienced much contraction pain except for the one when nurse stretch my cervix with her fingers, so painful till my tears flow....
Relax is very important, i was singing lullaby to myself when on the delivery bed trying to comfort myself and holding the laughing gas in one hand, trying to numb myself with the gas when the discomfort came. So funny when i thought of the moments now.....
Hehe.. ohstrawberry... i totally agree with u... like my aunt.. she is very very small size.. but she give birth natural for all her 3 kids... so don't worry.... it will be fine.. don't stress too much babe... all the things will go smooth... when i in pain.. i think of i'm going to see my boy soon... it helps me to have the courage to go on...

ling.er

dont think of the pain now, it come naturally, i dont experienced much contraction pain except for the one when nurse stretch my cervix with her fingers, so painful till my tears flow....

Wa with out EPI some more.. .. Brave Mum !! Yday went for check Up.. Doc check for mi say tat baby head is quite high.. & he say my cervi quite tigh or wat ever .. So he will give anyother check next wk.. if stil the same then is depen on us wana natural or C-sec alrd .. .. Make mi even more worry nw = ="