Preparing your Child at their Early Stage is it Good or Not??

chenSee

I have a child and I really emphasize the importance of a good education. That's why when she were still very young I began to work with her so she would be very well prepared for school when it came time. A lot of people do not realize that the early years of a child are so impressionable and that the mind can soak up all kinds of information if we just teach them in the right direction. Thats why its very important to approach them to study at their young stage... Is it good or it feels like im forcing her to study?? :wong10:

em83

I agree with Quincy1986! Must have balanced, tried to focus on academics with my 6 years old son, but he seems distracted and tired of it soon after. I've tried instead to mix/balanced creativity and academics together. After a few hours on simple academics stuff, I'll let him paint/draw/play music. Seem to work well and recently, I've encourage him to do scrapbooking/making photo books, all based on his designs as well as creativity and promised him to get it published professionally by P;log (a very good photo book publishing company, (http://www.facebook.com/plogYourWorld)/ (p;log), check them out!

He's very excited about it, i think it's important to encourage them to learn something new, rather than just 'study', make it exciting and allow them to explore something on their own! Hope this helps! :shyxxx:

chenSee

hi quincy and em83,

i really appreciate your advice.. Its a big help for me.. Since i am a single mom and far from my relatives.. do you guys know any child care center which i can send my child where there's a different recreational programs available for that school??

Education is important but I do not want push my son to hard. As much as I wanted him to develop his study habits at an early age, I also want him to enjoy his childhood. So I keep it easy and maintain balance between play and study. I also invest on educational toys and videos. It makes learning fun.

chenSee

hey elizabeth,

thank you for your great advice..Im trying to make everything in balance.. :) i really appreciate it.. :D