Pri 1

EnFlor

hey, i know, i know, esp from parents whose eldest child will be stepping into the real school we are actually having the P1 parent jitters.

I was shocked to learn that my son had to go through a test during his orientation. Asked the teachers there, whatever for. And they gave reasons, to know the child's learning ability, to see how well they can understand instructions.... Ya right!!! Obviously, these kids will be streamed according to the various classes, right ?

And what would happen if the kid ends up in a class where the blind leads the blind or ends up in a class where all his/her classmates are so full of themselves.

Last edited:
I am also worried , my son still prefer play to study .
no worries.... boys are always boys.....

from what i observed.... PSLE scholars are always girls......

but O level will have boy scholars.....

why? :tlaugh:

nic0205 said:
Haha...Griffith pri sch...how abt yours?
Sound like Griffindor........ Harry Potter...... :001_302:

I stay Yishun.... so my boy in Huamin Pri....... just a normal neighbourhood sch........

I enrolled him to CCA already...... and he is in the swimming and golf

mosupdate!

To tell you the truth, my son did not do well initially...

he failed his first maths test..not used to the system..really..

he needs to be coached a bit more and his grades improved over the months..

they need to be monitored and I'll be good if you could get the contact of mothers who have children in same class or school and their form teachers. Also, never be afraid to call the school or teachers for anything - you have the right to know...

he's coping better now..but still monitoring him. I've started him on P2 assessment books already - talk about kiasu..eh? Maybe you could also do some maths with him after you bought the P1 books...

good luck to you and son ;)

MomIz
Moms, Update!

limsc74

my girl is from Jun Yuan pri.and they started with the Stellar programme.i was so worry cos its a programme emphasis lots on vocabulary. i have to do let her do lots of grammer practice at home. during exams i was so stress that i woke up middle of the nite . but finally she pass all her subjects.

autumn82

Hmm... My DD will be in Pr 1 2 yrs later but DH have been asking me to look for a sch oredi... StresSed.. Prob not much schs ard here...

MioPio

Hi

My gal will be in P4 next year. Just to share my experiences for those with kids going to P1. Besides preparing them academically, parents must also help them to cope socially. How to interact with friends, confidence to speak up, stand up to bullies, simple social etiquette, etc. To understand better what my dd is facing in school, I joined the parents support group (psg) so that I could participate in the school projects, activities and also get to know the Principal and teachers better. If you are a working mum, you can always volunteer for ad-hoc events such as excursions or sports day.