Priority Seat - Rude and Inconsiderate woman. Please help to pass the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoVeS

delete this thread so there can be no more discussion??

are you even aware how many forums xtan had viciously posted to, not to mention some other singaporeans who further spread it to hardwarezone and other personal blogs?

and people have even started new threads about this girl with senseless, personal attacks?

and all you can say is delete this thread. isn't that obvious you're trying to defend xtan?

why can't she graciously step out and apologise publicly?

the girl offered her a seat, instead of being grateful, she has caused so much unnecessary trauma to this girl.
if u really tink tat i am defending xtan then so be it bcoz i cant change ur mindset or stop u frm tinking tat way, i haf no reason to defend her n all along i find tis saga is really getting out of hand. Like i said, whether 2 apologize or nt it really up 2 her coz no1 can make her do so if she dun wan 2 do it.

Last edited:

ckm

Alpha Male
It seem like u dun quite understand how things work here n like we mentioned she cant take off the threads herself but only MODERATORS can do so.
Actually I do. This isn't the only forum I go to :)

There's an "Edit" button at the bottom of every post that you make. xtan may not be able to delete the entire thread, but she can certainly delete her individual post, or at the very least, take down the photograph of the lady in question to avoid further damage. She may not know this before, but she knows it now. Let's see what she does in reply...

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Pardon me... I'm amused after reading all these forums abt this SAGA.... can't resist to join in and comment.... :)

The way I see it.... Ah Lian vs Ah Huey.... quarrelsome pair....who loudest who wins...
90% of us here just amused by this catfight :)

For tankandspank who argues so passtionately... dunno what u trying to achieve.... add oil to fire ah?

For Davina, gal in the pic.... u see your own reflection in Ms Preggy here in future. :)

For Ms Preggy.... u see your own reflection in Davina when u're younger :)
U 1st time preg isit? Don't habour too much negative thoughts.... not healthy lah. Go ask the other preg mums here for help.
Be cheerful n happy.... look at cute baby photos.... that's what my wife did... now my 3 yr old gal so cute n happy :)
Everyday quarrel, complain, look at Davina's pic.... OMG.... you can guess the outcome later :)

tankandspank

Alpha Male
Pardon me... I'm amused after reading all these forums abt this SAGA.... can't resist to join in and comment.... :)

The way I see it.... Ah Lian vs Ah Huey.... quarrelsome pair....who loudest who wins...
90% of us here just amused by this catfight :)

For tankandspank who argues so passtionately... dunno what u trying to achieve.... add oil to fire ah?

For Davina, gal in the pic.... u see your own reflection in Ms Preggy here in future. :)

For Ms Preggy.... u see your own reflection in Davina when u're younger :)
U 1st time preg isit? Don't habour too much negative thoughts.... not healthy lah. Go ask the other preg mums here for help.
Be cheerful n happy.... look at cute baby photos.... that's what my wife did... now my 3 yr old gal so cute n happy :)
Everyday quarrel, complain, look at Davina's pic.... OMG.... you can guess the outcome later :)
if you say so

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Web content hosts r immune to online defamations.
If the online material is defamatory, the law firm's first act is to stop the defamatory material from spreading... send a letter of demand to, say, the forum moderator to delete the offending postings.
If the law firm makes a conclusive identification, it contacts the defamer demanding an apology, a promise not to commit defamation again, as well as damages and legal fees.
If the defamer refuses, the two parties can try to negotiate a settlement, failing which the case then goes to court.
Waste time and money... only person winning is the law firm :)

xtan

I have not read all the posts here. But, I would like to address one point from realorfake.

My title to Stomp was "Priority Seats?", however, they changed it to what it is.

ckm

Alpha Male
I have not read all the posts here. But, I would like to address one point from realorfake.

My title to Stomp was "Priority Seats?", however, they changed it to what it is.
Then perhaps you'd want to read this - take down the photo in your original post(use the "Edit" button at the button right corner of your original post) as well as all other online forums. Better yet, delete the entire post to stop it from spreading. That's all you can do for now unless you wish to contact Stomp to ask them to also pull the story off.

xtan

To realorfake. I didn't puposely create an account to post what I have posted. I was already a member of the Idobaby forum and Mummysg before this. I posted to these two forums before I sent it to Stomp. The others are beyond me. Stomp has a shorted message because it allows only 1500 characters.

I posted because of what she did. Someone asked me how I know if she noticed that I'm pregnant or not. I'm 26weeks in my pregnancy and there are already other fellow passengers who have offered a seat even before then. Moreover, I saw her looking at my tummy and looked away. Yes, she asked me if I want the seat, but, she asked in a manner that is so rude. And, of course, some of you will say "how can I determine that that's rude?" To me, I felt that I was begging even though I didn't open my mouth.

The worst thing is that she started scolding me even before I sat down! Do you think I deserve it just to get a seat? And, she even came over to the seat and continued scolding me before she alighted! Is that neccessary? Why do I have to go through this verbal abuse?

Do I have to apologise publicly for being called a b***h?

There are a few members here who have been very encouraging and I sincerely thank them for it. I will request the moderator to delete this thread.

I will still be active in this forum as forums like this is a good channel for me to get information and any of you who wish to continue to criticise my actions or to write to me may continue to do so.

tinkerball

I dont' see any problems standing while i was pregnant. if u felt u needed a seat then drive a car or get a cabbie. but taking photos of ur victims? that's so immoral of u and i wonder what kind of upbringing u had. if u have to be pregnant, then at least be a gracious women to society. Now people are wary of all miss preggies. I certainly want to have more babies in future but i certainly didn't want people to look at me with a jaundiced eye with thoughts that pregnant women are going to post pics of those who didn't give up seats. and u are even posting this story to other websites but why didn't u show us who u really were instead of hiding behind websites after websites? u post someone's photo online u should post yours too. having a baby is a private choice between husband n wife. don't turn it into a virus that turns into other people's trouble and obligation to give way to u once u step out into the world. u thought Japan's great? ur welcome to migrate. u should try living in india or china then u would count ur blessing to be able to live in singapore though this country don't need people like you.

xtan

Haiz. I just want to stop posting to this thread so, I just reply to you, realorfake via PM. You asked me to post and I didn't want to anymore, so, I deleted your PM to me.

I don't know at which point in my message to you that makes me turn round on my story? My message has always been this. haiz.....

ckm

Alpha Male
To realorfake. I didn't puposely create an account to post what I have posted. I was already a member of the Idobaby forum and Mummysg before this. I posted to these two forums before I sent it to Stomp. The others are beyond me. Stomp has a shorted message because it allows only 1500 characters.
Fair enough. However you still did post pictures of her online and then publicly shame her online. Your message may have been truncated but the tone and content of the message remains the same.

I posted because of what she did. Someone asked me how I know if she noticed that I'm pregnant or not. I'm 26weeks in my pregnancy and there are already other fellow passengers who have offered a seat even before then. Moreover, I saw her looking at my tummy and looked away. Yes, she asked me if I want the seat, but, she asked in a manner that is so rude. And, of course, some of you will say "how can I determine that that's rude?" To me, I felt that I was begging even though I didn't open my mouth.

The worst thing is that she started scolding me even before I sat down! Do you think I deserve it just to get a seat? And, she even came over to the seat and continued scolding me before she alighted! Is that neccessary? Why do I have to go through this verbal abuse?
OK, this is your word against hers. You said she cursed you, she claims she didn't. There are however multiple witnesses who have posted on STOMP with corraborating evidence confirming her version of the story, and none for you, so the odds aren't exactly stacked in your favor.

Nevertheless, she could not have scolded you while seated on her seat could she? She could not have scolded you before offering her seat to you could she? And you could not have taken her photograph after she offered you her seat could you? If so, the timeline of events seems to be as such:
1. Girl sits on the priority seat, oblivious to your presence
2. You take a photograph of girl
3. Girl offers you a seat
4. Girl allegedly hurls vulgarities at you(this has yet to be proven, and is in fact highly improbable based on multiple eye-witness accounts)

So, has it ever occurred to you that the reason she was "rude" to you was because you were rude to her in the first place, by taking a picture of her without permission? What would you do if someone took a picture of you in the train for no reason? Think about it. Singaporeans may be passive and lack graciousness, but unless you're talking about gangsters and hooligans, rarely do we hurl vulgarities or even act in a hostile manner when unprovoked. Logic dictates that the "hostility" must have been provoked. Based on the timeline, it's clear who provoked it(hint:not her).

And please..."To me, I felt that I was begging even though I didn't open my mouth."?! That's the most hilarious and ridiculous thing I've seen in this thread yet! What, did you look at her with puss-in-boots eyes or something? Give me a break. If you need a seat, please, just open your mouth and ask for it.

No, you don't, and it was wrong of her to refer to you as a female dog. But you didn't have to return the favor did you? Most of all, you shouldn't have taken a picture of her and posted it online, publicly shaming her. For that at least, you owe her an apology.

There are a few members here who have been very encouraging and I sincerely thank them for it. I will request the moderator to delete this thread.
I would hope members here would be "objective" rather than "encouraging". You're just looking for people who are on your side, since you do not realize yet that you were in the wrong for taking a picture of her. It's understandable human nature when one is backed into a corner. However it doesn't make it right. If you see this from an outsiders POV, you would realize how ridiculous you sound. So please, do the right thing, and retract your original posts as well as the pictures you posted, before trouble comes knocking on your door.

Last edited:

CynCyn

What's the purpose of posting this topic over Stomp , idobaby IDOBaby - Singapore Baby & Parenting Discussion Board -> Priority Seat?
and here ?
Personally felt that it's uncalled for . Don't really need to shame the lady till such extend .
This topic could have been brought up Generally instead of shaming her publicly . If you get what i mean .
In the first place when you posted this you should be mentally prepared that anyone can gain access to this forum . You have to be prepared that nasty comments are inevitable as well . The internet is public .

On a personal thought , giving up sits is merely out of goodwill .
Can't really bring this mentalitly that ' Im pregnant so you gotta give up the priority to site ' . No sit just stand lo . Where are we living in HELLO ? Not Japan leh !
I'm also heavily pregnant and if nobody gives up their sit ok is fine . If someone does just be thankful .

From what i knw posting others pic without permission or whatever can be taken legal action . correct me if im wrong .

Last edited:

Morinosuke

Well said. I totally agree with ckm. Among all the emotional and dramatic comments being made so far, ckm's comments seem by far the most objective and straight to the point. I too agree that xtan owes the girl in the picture an apology simply for the said reasons.

Fair enough. However you still did post pictures of her online and then publicly shame her online. Your message may have been truncated but the tone and content of the message remains the same.

OK, this is your word against hers. You said she cursed you, she claims she didn't. There are however multiple witnesses who have posted on STOMP with corraborating evidence confirming her version of the story, and none for you, so the odds aren't exactly stacked in your favor.

Nevertheless, she could not have scolded you while seated on her seat could she? She could not have scolded you before offering her seat to you could she? And you could not have taken her photograph after she offered you her seat could you? If so, the timeline of events seems to be as such:
1. Girl sits on the priority seat, oblivious to your presence
2. You take a photograph of girl
3. Girl offers you a seat
4. Girl allegedly hurls vulgarities at you(this has yet to be proven, and is in fact highly improbable based on multiple eye-witness accounts)

So, has it ever occurred to you that the reason she was "rude" to you was because you were rude to her in the first place, by taking a picture of her without permission? What would you do if someone took a picture of you in the train for no reason? Think about it. Singaporeans may be passive and lack graciousness, but unless you're talking about gangsters and hooligans, rarely do we hurl vulgarities or even act in a hostile manner when unprovoked. Logic dictates that the "hostility" must have been provoked. Based on the timeline, it's clear who provoked it(hint:not her).

And please..."To me, I felt that I was begging even though I didn't open my mouth."?! That's the most hilarious and ridiculous thing I've seen in this thread yet! What, did you look at her with puss-in-boots eyes or something? Give me a break. If you need a seat, please, just open your mouth and ask for it.

No, you don't, and it was wrong of her to refer to you as a female dog. But you didn't have to return the favor did you? Most of all, you shouldn't have taken a picture of her and posted it online, publicly shaming her. For that at least, you owe her an apology.

I would hope members here would be "objective" rather than "encouraging". You're just looking for people who are on your side, since you do not realize yet that you were in the wrong for taking a picture of her. It's understandable human nature when one is backed into a corner. However it doesn't make it right. If you see this from an outsiders POV, you would realize how ridiculous you sound. So please, do the right thing, and retract your original posts as well as the pictures you posted, before trouble comes knocking on your door.

MasMummyOfTwoAct

Wow!!! thinks this is the most HIT thread for this year 2009... number ONE in STOMP, MUMMYSG, ILDOBABY, SBS, SMRT & etcs.... break record... genius record???

very.... very.... true... to what being said by CKM, realorfake, CynCyn... better be retreat than sorry... don't make it the worst nightmare when suddenly... doors knocking... 'knock.. knock... knock... R u a model??? opps!..'

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Everyday some new information.... real/fake.... only the writer to justify... the power of the internet... just correct the wrong, and pray the moderator removes all these postings.

From STOMP
"jacyn2009 said on 04 Feb, 2009
Seems xTan refused other seats offered before her showdown & had insisted on getting the priority seat. Does not make sense at all after all her ranting about protecting her unborn child. It appears as if she was looking for a fight. "

Almost everyone of us online are guilty for online defamation at a point of time... I scold u... U scold me... if want to sue, all the counter-sues will follow. If want to demand for apology... everyone who kena scolded here also should be apologised to. Where to start? Where to end? :)

tankandspank

Alpha Male
I have said before, it is fairly common for us to see ladies that seem to be pregnant but in fact they are not. On a good note, we do not want to offend these people. You got a mouth, and you are not dumb nor deaf, so for goodness sake, "Ask!" and you will get. I wouldn't blame her for being so rude when she replied if you indeed has taken her picture without asking and she noticed. At least she didn't scold you on her 1st reply to whether or not u needed the seat. How would you feel if someone took a picture of you without u knowing and u obviously know that person is going to do something nasty to that picture of urs? lets be practical, you wouldn't feel good.

And yet again, you are really looking for trouble, you mentioned that some others offered you a seat and you refused. I have no idea whats on your mind back then, either you die die wanna get this lady in the picture into trouble or you are just plain stupidity.

I will still be active in this forum as forums like this is a good channel for me to get information and any of you who wish to continue to criticise my actions or to write to me may continue to do so.
Good thing to know that you will be here actively, at least i know i'm not talking to the wall. oh, and stop using your unborn baby as a pawn to win wympathy, very shameful of you to have done that. so leave the child out

and to Ckm, well said

Last edited:

abc

Almost everyone of us online are guilty for online defamation at a point of time... I scold u... U scold me... if want to sue, all the counter-sues will follow. If want to demand for apology... everyone who kena scolded here also should be apologised to. Where to start? Where to end? :)
almost everyone is guilty of online defamation? are you serious daddy d? you think everyone is as vindictive as this pregnant person?

as to where to start, pregnant lady can start with apologising.

you talk about everyone here...but whose photo has it been that has been posted everywhere next to terrible headlines and articles?

certainly not yours.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
almost everyone is guilty of online defamation? are you serious daddy d? you think everyone is as vindictive as this pregnant person?]

Well, if U or I quote others here online without justifying the facts... that kinda open the doors for online defamation right?

[as to where to start, pregnant lady can start with apologising.
you talk about everyone here...but whose photo has it been that has been posted everywhere next to terrible headlines and articles?
certainly not yours.]

Exactly my point... certainly not yours too... so y so bent on demand for apology? It's just like xtan... bent on getting the PS seats.
Could be just 1 of SGporean's traits... bent on proving each other's point correct... :)

Just trying to be objective... it takes 2 to clap... both parties r wrong... the one who is more wrong, doesn't make the other more right.
Just like the siglap ugly neighbour case... whoever rich just call the lawyer :)

Guys - I'm new to Singapore and orginally came to this site to meet other mothers, get advice etc. This thread has become ludicrous - not only has it attracted posters who are obviously not parents at all but starting to make people who frequent this site anxious and reticent to come on here at all because of all the pregnant lady slamming.

Some of us aren't all that bad and some of us would rather you take your arguments elsewhere rather than badmouthing each other in a forum supposed to be talking about parenting and motherhood. This is not a place for you to bully people and air your frustrations. This is a stupid argument to start off with and its obvious that those of you who feel the need to come on here and defend whoever you are defending need to get a life. XTan - forget it happened, move on and concentrate on your pregnancy. Maligned_person as they are known on stomp, you have every right to defend yourself but don't draw this out to be a bigger thing than it is. Everyone else - just don't get involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.