Public transport passengers treats pregnant lady invisible

Janellebb

Have anyone kena such things before? Everytime i take bus my tummy feel unwell and having headache nobody willing to give up their seats to me... Maybe my tummy too small. But i think my tummy also can see a bit alr. Everytime take bus so fucked up. The bus so reckless and those passengers some purposely sit outside and leave the inside seat empty. Some put their bags or etc. wth, then when bord the bus they'll give those "you better stay away from me, i am not gonna sit with you" stare. Right!!!!!!!

Tannie

Have anyone kena such things before? Everytime i take bus my tummy feel unwell and having headache nobody willing to give up their seats to me... Maybe my tummy too small. But i think my tummy also can see a bit alr. Everytime take bus so fucked up. The bus so reckless and those passengers some purposely sit outside and leave the inside seat empty. Some put their bags or etc. wth, then when bord the bus they'll give those "you better stay away from me, i am not gonna sit with you" stare. Right!!!!!!!
Even if ur tummy is obvious n u r wearing maternity wear, nobody will give up seats to u. They will think why shld they... They will ignore u totally.

Rukia

priority seats are useless. Those passengers are extremely inconsiderate.
I think alot of mummies have the same encounter. You can see their posts about this scattered all around the forum. I myself have encountered such inconsiderate people before and i really hate taking public transport now. Even worse, i was once pushed from the back by one middle age uncle on a crowded bus, on purpose somemore. So horrible. I believe he will get a retribution for treating others like that.

Brenbelle

priority seats are useless. Those passengers are extremely inconsiderate.
Typical inconsiderate people. I have also encounter the same situations on buses and on trains; they just pretend to be asleep, never see or busy with their handphones. :(

Tannie

Yap even at Baby fair @ expo, ppl will not give way to u, I got pushed many times even they saw my obvious bum ... duno what is the rush, the items r not running away...

ilurve

In my 18th weeks (4 months plus), the very first person who gave up seat to me in public bus is a guy.
After that, no one give up seat to me :(

Sometimes if you don't stand beside them, they won't be able to see you. And if they see you and give up their seat to you, they would be cursing you, "bus so big, why you have to stand near me???"

Currently 29th weeks now. So far, 1 lady & 1 guy gave up seat to me without me walking any further in. If not, there are empty seats (those seats which you have to face the rest of the passagers in bus, that mean your back facing the driver kinda seats)

Sometimes, it really depend on your luck. Your luck on meeting nice people.

Before i got pregnant, i always give up seats to pregnant lady and old people. But when i got pregnant, nobody give up seat to me :(

Actually I felt quite paiseh for them to offer seats to me. I mean we are paying the same fare and I really appreciate them if they are kind enough to offer me but I will not expect them to offer their seat just because am pregnant. Before am pregnant, I offered my seats to elderly ppl and pregnant ladies too.

I dont't purposely stand infront of them or touch my tummy to let them see am pregnant. To secure a seat, for myself, am staying in SK, I just have to get out early and alight the reverse train to punggol and then to town.

But for buses, of course I hope someone is kind enough to offer their seat up as nowadays the bus driver are all foreigners, their driving skills really sucks big time. They like to step on their brake, very dangerous for pregnant lady to stand around.

Last edited:

ilurve

I also don't purposely stand beside people. Is just that the bus too packed, people don't move in and i don't dare to move in without holding on to anything coz like you mentioned, bus driver always brake. Especially the express bus i'm taking, it will go all the way without stopping for 45 mins to an hour if there is traffic jam and so i have to stand all the way for 45mins to an hour.
And for a few times, i have to stand at the standing area in the bus with my swollen feets (water retention) and plus afew guys standing with me.

I will also feel paiseh with people giving up seat to me, but usually are those who are going to get down. And whenever there are people who give up seat to me, i will touch my tummy and tell my baby in my heart to bless whoever give their seat to me.

Maybe i look fat than pregnant coz my tummy is not round but flat and big.

Talking about this, I had some embarrassing moments before pregnancy. Kuku me don't know how to see pregnant lady, kept offering my seats to the wrong person. See how they rejected me made me wanna dig a hole and jump in.

In my 18th weeks (4 months plus), the very first person who gave up seat to me in public bus is a guy.
After that, no one give up seat to me :(

Sometimes if you don't stand beside them, they won't be able to see you. And if they see you and give up their seat to you, they would be cursing you, "bus so big, why you have to stand near me???"

Currently 29th weeks now. So far, 1 lady & 1 guy gave up seat to me without me walking any further in. If not, there are empty seats (those seats which you have to face the rest of the passagers in bus, that mean your back facing the driver kinda seats)

Sometimes, it really depend on your luck. Your luck on meeting nice people.

Before i got pregnant, i always give up seats to pregnant lady and old people. But when i got pregnant, nobody give up seat to me :(
yeah..totally agreed..have to see luck on who u'll meet that day...bt so far, ever since i'm 20 wks pregnant, ppl do give their seats to me most of the time on mrt, but bus is difficult..i ever encounter one malay aunty, i was already 25 wks pregnant, my bum is
so obvious that i'm standing in front of her, she just pretend nv see me..when she going down the bus, she purposely pushed me sm more..I dont understand, she's a women, she probably was pregnant b4, doesnt she noe how a pregnant women feel?

i will always thank those ppl who gave their seat to me with a smile, i really appreciate their kindness..

there was once i was seated at the priority seat & another pregnant women came into the train, her tummy is so big it seems like she's having twins..e train is super crowded, the lady sitting beside me is slping..so i stand up n let the pregnant women sit..there's another lady who's standing show tt i as a pregnant women gave up my seat to another pregnant women, she wake the lady sitting beside & gt her to offer her seat to me..that I was very touched!

There are good people ard, its really ur luck that day whether you'll meet them or nt..

Busymom

I encountered the same thing too during my pregnancy. My tummy is the very obvious type. People always mistaken that I am carrying twin! I remember when i was 38 weeks pregnant i took the bus it was very crowded and nobody offer to give up their seat so I had to stand all the way from Tampines to Sengkang. This goes the same when I took MRT! The prior seat and sign and even ad on TV are useless. I think our school and govement need to work more in this area to educate our children as well as its citizen. Why not impose fine on people who don't give up seat to the those in need instead of serving fine to people who need to have a sip of water or need to make milk for babies/children or even to suck a sweet.

shermyn

i encountered an auntie standing near me (like starting to push me) when boarding the bus and still sitting and move her thighs only when i want to alight. and all thanks to her i bumped onto the seat in front of me, it does feel uncomfy. cos she wasn't too small size and i only got an thighs size to move out from the front seat and her body. haissssssss. people these daysssss~

Ekari

Actually I felt quite paiseh for them to offer seats to me. I mean we are paying the same fare and I really appreciate them if they are kind enough to offer me but I will not expect them to offer their seat just because am pregnant. Before am pregnant, I offered my seats to elderly ppl and pregnant ladies too.

I dont't purposely stand infront of them or touch my tummy to let them see am pregnant. To secure a seat, for myself, am staying in SK, I just have to get out early and alight the reverse train to punggol and then to town.

But for buses, of course I hope someone is kind enough to offer their seat up as nowadays the bus driver are all foreigners, their driving skills really sucks big time. They like to step on their brake, very dangerous for pregnant lady to stand around.
I really like the way you think. But really if anyone sees a pregnant lady, its just a courtesy to offer the seat. Well consider if one is to fall or the hardship one is carrying.

shermyn

no doubt it's not a compulsory thingy to give up sit to pregnant ladies or elderlys, perhaps they should think for others or think about if their partner or family members were the pregnant ladies/elderlys. spread the kindness around~

climsp

all preggy mummies got sleepy spell!! it will works super fast when board the trains or buses, cos all sleep when u step in. but will become blind or actor/ actress also.. tat the magic our cuties give us!!

w/ my big 35week bump, i dun always have ppl give up seat also, some even push me to snatch seats!! may karma fall on them soon..

i dun mind not having any seat since we all pay fare, but dun push me..

ilurve

can't agree more. some while waiting at the bus-stop for the bus to stop. they will step in front of you.
as if the first person who got up the bus will have prize. zzZZ.....

MommyDioR

perhaps mine wasn't that obvious as compared to another preggy lady whom stands beside mi.. ppl offer to her but not mi..

shanney

i ever encountered this 2 incidents in 1 train ride.

1) an uncle rushed towards the priority seat as i was walking towards me. he sat down and immediately flashed me his senior citizen ezlink card n remarked that he's a senior citizen. I retorted him that i'm pregnant (1st trimester only) w/o the intention of him giving up his seat and he just went "oh..u r pregnant" (say only la, never offer his seat). then at the next stop, the person sitting next to him alighted, and he just chope that seat, and asked his wife from the opposite aisle to come over and sit..

2) after the above, i walked to the opposite aisle to sit.. and all the seats were filled and then i saw a heavily pregnant lady standing in front of me. so i asked the guy next to me, if he can give up his seat to the pregnant lady.. He retorted by saying, "why dont you give up your seat instead?" So i told him, i'm pregnant too. Then he LL stand up and give up his seat.. This guy is only in his 30s-40s. i cannot imagine a guy saying such things to me.. throughout the day, i was like, totally disappointed in the calibre of singapore men...