Quality but expensive tuition vs So-so quality but cheap tuition

Mummy Pauline

After listiening to what my sister told me about her daughter's tutor who is an experienced ex-teacher, I've got a question to ask all mummies for opinions.

Question for you mummies,

If your child's school form teacher became a tuition teacher and you know that he/she is a very good teacher in terms of teaching and motivating your child and he/she is charging market rate tuition fees (which means about at least $40/h), will you want to enrol your child under this teacher?

Or

Would you want to think about saving money and hire a tutor who does not have school teaching experience and cheaper ($15/h) to guide your child?

Or

Would you enrol your child into a tuition centre in a class of about 10 or more pupils that charges market rate fees?

Hope to see your responses!

fruiti

I wouldn't stinch on my kids. But would only give them whatever I could afford. Which centre are you sending your kids to?

Mummy Pauline

My husband and I are thinking of getting my son tuition. I don't think I want to send to a centre. Too many kids in a class. I know my son will not be able to sit still and surely cannot concentrate in big group. I'm thinking of sending to my this niece's tutor but I'm in a dilemma now whether to spend how much. I know her tutor is good but finance wise... Not that I really cannot afford but just am not sure should I spend it or not.. What will you do?

KsqMathelogy

If you are able to afford, I would suggest that you go for the child's form teacher since she is such motivated and passionate about educating children.
However, if your child is able to focus and voice any doubts in a tuition centre of about 10 people per class, then you can consider it.