Question abt Avent steamer cum blender

marshmallows

I recently bought the above fr Phillips warehouse sale. Want to ask mummies who r using it, u know the cover of the blender where there is a green plastic part with lots of holes? Do we need to pull out that part while washing? I saw the pic fr the manual that it is detachable but I find it so hard to detach it no matter how I turn or pull. I managed to detach it after fiddling for a long time n my fingers hurt badly :-(

TIA!

Ivy Miao

I recently bought the above fr Phillips warehouse sale. Want to ask mummies who r using it, u know the cover of the blender where there is a green plastic part with lots of holes? Do we need to pull out that part while washing? I saw the pic fr the manual that it is detachable but I find it so hard to detach it no matter how I turn or pull. I managed to detach it after fiddling for a long time n my fingers hurt badly :-(

TIA!
Yes.. That green plastic can and HAVE to be taken out to wash. Otherwise all the things u blend, will be all stuck inside and is unhygienic if you blend any food the next day. Its not very hard for me to pull out though.. Just one hand holding the white cover, the other hand holding the circle green part and just pull.... U might want to change it??

Pinkliciouz

Ya, have to take out the green portion and clean it. Otherwise those food stuck inside will rot and smell inside...

xinyl

yup agree.... super good. Only bad thing was the wire cord too short ! the steam kena my kitchen cabinet as my socket is under it. I got my hubby to lengthen it... haha....

missykiwi

If i want to cook spinach with porridge, i just put rice and spinach together into the steamer and after that to blend them? How do i know how much water and time to steam them?

Help me with steamer blender, how it is usefull.and is worth buying for this price.as i was thinking to buy one..but wondering whether its really usefull..or just one more device in my kitchen..

Thanks much for the reply...

I really do like it and am still using it for my baby since he was 4+ months till now 6.5 months. I find it troublesome to use the wok for steaming because very often my wok is not cleaned yet...so using the avent is good...just solely for steaming and pureeing my baby's food...not oily and convenient one stop machine. I even used it to steam food for myself when I was pregnant and had gestational diebetes...like steamed pumpkin, sweet potato etc..the washing is quite simple...just pull apart everything and wash with soap and drip dry. Next time when baby doesnt need it anymore I will use it to make my pastes and sauces in the kitchen.

Qookie

I love my Avent steamer blender!

It's not that difficult to remove the green holes top. Try prying it open at the sides rather than at the middle.