Question.. Im Confused

joeichen

Just out of curiousity, is the shower part of the teaching? Is it for any purpose? Or just purely hygiene purpose? Since we might not be bathing for the next few days?
Actually these r taught by my frenz, they say cant shower min 12 days so make sure u clean urself 1st.
Anyway u will shower if the pain is bearable coz u might have water leaking or bleeding so u will wan 2 clean up 1st.
Hee....... I went for b/fast b4 gg hospital so u can imagain the pain is really ok at tat time.....

newbie2009

Actually these r taught by my frenz, they say cant shower min 12 days so make sure u clean urself 1st.
Anyway u will shower if the pain is bearable coz u might have water leaking or bleeding so u will wan 2 clean up 1st.
Hee....... I went for b/fast b4 gg hospital so u can imagain the pain is really ok at tat time.....
Seems like alot of mum will pop by for food b4 going to hospital. Guess that is a wise decision. Need lota energy to push. And will nv know how long u will go into labour. Just another tot that strike me, if u labour for 12-14hrs? Then half way hungry how huh?

joeichen

Seems like alot of mum will pop by for food b4 going to hospital. Guess that is a wise decision. Need lota energy to push. And will nv know how long u will go into labour. Just another tot that strike me, if u labour for 12-14hrs? Then half way hungry how huh?
I dun tink u will b hungry if u can feel the contraction coz u will not remember.
I took b/fast then visit my gynea, he advise me to admit in the afternoon but i went thr 7pm so i took dinner.
Then morning abt to give birth then I felt hungry..... anyway u cant eat so u better eat b4 u go....

Queenbabe

It will be better to bath & eat b4 going to the hospital unless it is really emergency ..
My below alr open 3-4cm when i rch hosp , i still went to shop awhile & eat b4 gng to hosp even i have very bad contraction pain ..

But if u r alone at home of coz i think go n get a cab n rush to hospital better .

Last edited:

serenatoh55

It will be better to bath & eat b4 going to the hospital unless it is really emergency ..
My below alr open 3-4cm when i rch hosp , i still went to shop awhile & eat b4 gng to hosp even i have very bad contraction pain ..

But if u r alone at home of coz i think go n get a cab n rush to hospital better .

wow power sia whaha.... stil went shopping somemore...

newbie2009

pardon me, is 3-4cm dilation considered as alot?

Ottermum

3-4cm quite alot liao...u need 10cm dilation for bb to come out...

normally 1 hr for 1cm...so if it's your 1st bb don't panic...you'll take at least 6 hrs to go into labour...

only go to hospital when:

1) your water bag burst
2) bloody show
3) contractions once every 5-6 mins

my contractions lasted 36 hrs!!! (started 7th Nov 7am) it was 20 mins initially...luckily that day i happened to have an appt with my gynae, afterwhich was told 1cm dilated...go home n waited lo...

went to my parents place had dinner n told them their 1st grandchild coming out next day!!

kept timing my contractions...thought coming out in the middle of night...

sleeping was tough cos very uncomfortable but i knew bb not ready to be out yet...

on the 8th morning i showered, had a great b'fast then STILL TIMING CONTRACTIONS...

until 9am plus there's blood in my urine...contractions still not stable...were 6 mins sometimes 7,8,9 mins so i called my gynae told him my state...

got admitted at 10am plus...only 3cm dilated after a whole night of contractions!!!

imagine i got myself admitted at night we'll have to pay for 1 more night...hospital stay expensive leh...

my 'durian' only dropped at 8th 8pm LOL...

so gals no need to be panicky...just remember 1),2) n 3)

oh BTW water bag burst doesn't mean bb's coming out...but gotta get admitted IMMEDIATELY in case of infection 'down there'...dangerous for bb...

have a smooth delivery!!!

Queenbabe

Hahaha i was shocked that alr open 3-4cm too , luckily i never deliver at the shopping mall .. My contraction aso every 10-15min , i pain for more than 12hr + .. U know what b4 my contraction start i was watching tv until gng 3,4am then sleep .. The pain start but i was too tired so i hack care until around 5,6+ evening rch hosp .. 8pm + baby arrived :)

newbie2009

Hahaha i was shocked that alr open 3-4cm too , luckily i never deliver at the shopping mall .. My contraction aso every 10-15min , i pain for more than 12hr + .. U know what b4 my contraction start i was watching tv until gng 3,4am then sleep .. The pain start but i was too tired so i hack care until around 5,6+ evening rch hosp .. 8pm + baby arrived :)
seems like after the contraction is like every 5mins or so is a good time to go to the hospital. Gosh...after that some still have to wait for 12 hrs b4 delivery. then the hospital charges while waiting is under which charge? Do not think they will wheel u to the O.T. yet rite, else the charges is going to be so ex. Imagine hogging onto the O.T. for 12hrs.

joeichen

seems like after the contraction is like every 5mins or so is a good time to go to the hospital. Gosh...after that some still have to wait for 12 hrs b4 delivery. then the hospital charges while waiting is under which charge? Do not think they will wheel u to the O.T. yet rite, else the charges is going to be so ex. Imagine hogging onto the O.T. for 12hrs.
Actually it depend lah.
My fren burst her water bag and delivered 3-4 hrs later, that was her 1st oso.
I envy her so much...... but i think the "exercise" she done b4 delivery helps alot.

newbie2009

Actually it depend lah.
My fren burst her water bag and delivered 3-4 hrs later, that was her 1st oso.
I envy her so much...... but i think the "exercise" she done b4 delivery helps alot.
what sort of exercise needs to be done to aid delivery? Yoga? Pilates?

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Ladies ... hope you dun mind me sharing a couple of my own observations.

1) While "breaking of waterbags" means you must go hospital liao, it doesn't mean you have to wait for it to break before going ... in my wife's case, the waterbags had to be manually broken by the gynae in the delivery suite in both cases, when delivering my sons. If you are wondering, both times she delivered naturally.

2) Dilation also doesn't have to take place gradually nor linearly ... again, in my wife's case, it just suddenly opened up.
When giving birth to my 1st son, as we approaches EDD (Sun), that gynae visit (Thu) concluded with "another appointment for next week, as dilation has not started" ... then, on Sat morning itself, the contractions started ... once it hit the required intensity & frequency, we went into the delivery suite at 1pm or so & gynae declared dilation was about 3-4cm liao ... my son was finally delivered at 2am & in between, the dilation process was coupled with excruciating pain & lots of expletives, until the epidural was administered eventually.
When it came to my 2nd son, the EDD was on a weekend again ... but this time, the gynae didn't dare to say "it should not happen this weekend", even though the dilation still hadn't started at all.
Besides, we also had a false alarm ... we headed for the hospital when the contractions hit the required intensity & frequency, but when we reached there (we use NUH although we live in Simei), my wife stopped feeling the contractions liao.

So, what I am trying to say is ... every woman is different - take whatever is discussed here as reference only. You should know your own body better than anyone else. If you dun, then that's where your own gynae & ante-natal clases come in.

Even for the "exercising" bit, being pregnant means you are akin to having a sack of rice strapped on your abdomen ... whether it's swimming, walking or climbing stairs, it is beneficial only if it is not too taxing on you.
If you never even bother to exercise before you had this additional weight on you, DUN start being ambitious & say "I must do this becoz it's gonna be good for me" ... forcing yourself may end up having a premature baby if you are already nearing term or much much worst a fate if you're not.
If it hasn't occurred to you, premature babies suffer becoz their organs are not fully developed yet & so, has to have tubes & what not put in whichever orifice as necessary ... not to mention the daddies & mummies also suffer, becoz it's them who are the ones paying for these expensive but painful procedures.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

M&M

Ladies ... hope you dun mind me sharing a couple of my own observations.

1) While "breaking of waterbags" means you must go hospital liao, it doesn't mean you have to wait for it to break before going ... in my wife's case, the waterbags had to be manually broken by the gynae in the delivery suite in both cases, when delivering my sons. If you are wondering, both times she delivered naturally.

2) Dilation also doesn't have to take place gradually nor linearly ... again, in my wife's case, it just suddenly opened up.
When giving birth to my 1st son, as we approaches EDD (Sun), that gynae visit (Thu) concluded with "another appointment for next week, as dilation has not started" ... then, on Sat morning itself, the contractions started ... once it hit the required intensity & frequency, we went into the delivery suite at 1pm or so & gynae declared dilation was about 3-4cm liao ... my son was finally delivered at 2am & in between, the dilation process was coupled with excruciating pain & lots of expletives, until the epidural was administered eventually.
When it came to my 2nd son, the EDD was on a weekend again ... but this time, the gynae didn't dare to say "it should not happen this weekend", even though the dilation still hadn't started at all.
Besides, we also had a false alarm ... we headed for the hospital when the contractions hit the required intensity & frequency, but when we reached there (we use NUH although we live in Simei), my wife stopped feeling the contractions liao.

So, what I am trying to say is ... every woman is different - take whatever is discussed here as reference only. You should know your own body better than anyone else. If you dun, then that's where your own gynae & ante-natal clases come in.

Even for the "exercising" bit, being pregnant means you are akin to having a sack of rice strapped on your abdomen ... whether it's swimming, walking or climbing stairs, it is beneficial only if it is not too taxing on you.
If you never even bother to exercise before you had this additional weight on you, DUN start being ambitious & say "I must do this becoz it's gonna be good for me" ... forcing yourself may end up having a premature baby if you are already nearing term or much much worst a fate if you're not.
If it hasn't occurred to you, premature babies suffer becoz their organs are not fully developed yet & so, has to have tubes & what not put in whichever orifice as necessary ... not to mention the daddies & mummies also suffer, becoz it's them who are the ones paying for these expensive but painful procedures.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

*clap! clap! clap!*
Well said vroomvroomboys! bravo!
ladies take his advise. every pregnancy differs based on individuals. antenatal classes r good cos it clears your doubts n at the same time prepares u n yr hubby on wat to expect. if u have any doubts feel free to ask yr gynae or the trainer of your antenatal class becos u paid for it n therefore should make every single cents worth. kekeke.
as for excercise, vroomvroomboys is very right too. if u nvr excercise b4 pregnancy, it is not advisable to start when pregnant especially with the extra weight. u might over-strained yrself. know yr limits.

BudgetMum

i did the same for my 1st one! yup, it was around dinner time when i find spotting and irregular contractions.

i keep mum abt it n pester my DH to go shopping that evening!! what i regretted is not bathing immediately or b4 the contractions becomes more intense!! haha, by the time i think i should go to the hospital, the contractions r so frequent n intense that i couldn't control my muscles when the contractions came n therefore didn't get to enjoy the bath!!

my DD was delivered in b4 dawn!

BudgetMum

3-4cm quite alot liao...u need 10cm dilation for bb to come out...

normally 1 hr for 1cm...so if it's your 1st bb don't panic...you'll take at least 6 hrs to go into labour...

only go to hospital when:

1) your water bag burst
2) bloody show
3) contractions once every 5-6 mins

my contractions lasted 36 hrs!!! (started 7th Nov 7am) it was 20 mins initially...luckily that day i happened to have an appt with my gynae, afterwhich was told 1cm dilated...go home n waited lo...

went to my parents place had dinner n told them their 1st grandchild coming out next day!!

kept timing my contractions...thought coming out in the middle of night...

sleeping was tough cos very uncomfortable but i knew bb not ready to be out yet...

on the 8th morning i showered, had a great b'fast then STILL TIMING CONTRACTIONS...

until 9am plus there's blood in my urine...contractions still not stable...were 6 mins sometimes 7,8,9 mins so i called my gynae told him my state...

got admitted at 10am plus...only 3cm dilated after a whole night of contractions!!!

imagine i got myself admitted at night we'll have to pay for 1 more night...hospital stay expensive leh...

my 'durian' only dropped at 8th 8pm LOL...

so gals no need to be panicky...just remember 1),2) n 3)

oh BTW water bag burst doesn't mean bb's coming out...but gotta get admitted IMMEDIATELY in case of infection 'down there'...dangerous for bb...

have a smooth delivery!!!
in general, yes 1 hr 1 cm but as vroomvroomboys said, u know ur body best & every woman is different!

When i reached hospital for my 1st delivery, it dilated abt 5cm liao n within 1-2 hrs I'd fully dilated to 10cm!! When my gynae finally arrived, her 1st comment was "why haven't push?"