Question on boarding bus with BB

christie06

i also bring stroller when riding a bus or train... i don't get any bad comments from other passengers... i usually put my stroller open in the wheelchair area... at times it's kinda shameful when it's difficult to put stroller inside the bus because the door and handle is kinda narrow but driver patiently waits for me to get in... and maybe because when i go out i'm with a baby and a kid and they think it's really hard for me...using carrier when going out for more than 4 hours for my baby cannot stand that long...she feels so uncomfortable with the carrier and will cry... :001_302:

pkshl

Yes, we still bring the stroller on board bus & mrt. for bus, my hb will fold up when boarding while i carry my son & diaper bag. normally people will give up seat when they see me carrying my son.

onboard mrt, i juz push the stroller in. so far, mrt i still can cope w/o my hb but bus cannot cos need to fold up+the stoller is heavy, cant cope.

angelwendy

wendy, dont be too bothered bah~ last time when i go out alone with pin, i jitao carry the whole pram up w/o closing before. hehe! but that time was a weekday non peak period. and i know that bus very little ppl take, so i just open.. the bus driver never say anything, even asked me need help anot. =X
but he did say by right is cannot do this, but since not much ppl, he just close one eye. =X

Actually i'm not very bothered by it.. just that i feel that y "some people" got such funny thinking... haha.. i hope i won't have problem tmr... a bit scare but must try.. if i never try this time.. i never will... right?? so i just take my time go up the bus.. haha... hopefully i can... i scare later i rushing rushing... haha...

angelwendy

Yes, we still bring the stroller on board bus & mrt. for bus, my husband will fold up when boarding while i carry my son & diaper bag. normally people will give up seat when they see me carrying my son.

onboard mrt, i just push the stroller in. so far, mrt i still can cope w/o my husband but bus cannot cos need to fold up+the stoller is heavy, cant cope.
my stroller also very heavy... 7kg... zzz... hope i can do it alone... but luckly Benson is on carrier... so is quite safe....

angelwendy

There was once the bus was full of people, the stroller has to be moved from the exit bus door, with the baby sleeping. If people want to see, see ...

PS. btw, how do I quote your text in my reply? I am new to this forum. Thanks.

Welcome... :tlaugh:

angelwendy

wendy, very true, must go true then can understand. we're not condemning anyone, just feel that one should think before commenting.

as for give ways, EVERYONE should give ways, not only to preggies or to parenets with kids. if you're going out w/o kids, but ppl block your way, will you ask them to give way or will you choose to turn back and go by another way or might as well go home?? sry, i will say "excuse me" as simple as that. same thing, if we bring our pram out, we say the same thing instead of staring at ppl expecting ppl to give way to us w/o us opening our mouths! this applies the same to EVERYONE, NOT only to mummies!!!

ya that is what i mean too.. we will sure say excuse me... & wont just stare at them... how would people know what we wan if we just stare at them?

Mummy to Baby V

Just do it.

I just tried babywearing baby, pushing stroller & luggage for our flight back to KL. Alone. 47kg of stuff (including baby), heavier than me! It can be done, just be confident and ask for other's help when you really need it. Most people are kind and helpful.

Before your first real trip, how about getting hubby, relative or friend to accompany you once? Then you get an idea what to watch out for. Since you're carrying baby, stroller & bag, safety first... :)

meiteoh

When Eva was little, I'd babywear her and take the bus/mrt. In fact, the only time I took a stroller on board a bus then was when my HB is around. This is not because the bus is full or it poses a problem for people but because the buses here are NOT stroller friendly unless you fold it. My previous stroller (now at my mum's place) was 8 kg and a double fold - that plus a car seat (I never let her just sit in her stroller before she was 8 mths old or even older!) and a diaper bag together with a baby is no go for me. Plus if I don't fold it and manage to get all 14 kg (excluding baby and bag) past the front door with the stupid stand in the middle, I usually have a problem exiting because somehow, most bus drivers love to stop away from the pavement.

I have yet to try taking the stroller and baby on my own now - bought a new stroller that is an umbrella fold plus Eva is older - because the MRT - like you is two bus stops away - but I walk anyway. Takes me about 8 to 10 minutes on foot and both Eva and I enjoy the walk. :)