question on pumping @ work & storing

milkshake

Hi all

Wanted to ask - when pumping at work, you would store the EBM in the fridge. My office has a big fridge but there isn't any freezer (it's like those fridge u see in restaurants that stores drinks).

I have a Medela bag with the blue ice. I plan go bring that frozen to office and store in the fridge but by the time I do pump my milk ard lunch time I'm thinking the blue ice may have melted a bit?

As I plan to latch baby when I get home from work, is it ok to store the milk immediately in the freezer upon my return from work?

clare chan

Hi all

Wanted to ask - when pumping at work, you would store the EBM in the fridge. My office has a big fridge but there isn't any freezer (it's like those fridge u see in restaurants that stores drinks).

I have a Medela bag with the blue ice. I plan go bring that frozen to office and store in the fridge but by the time I do pump my milk ard lunch time I'm thinking the blue ice may have melted a bit?

As I plan to latch baby when I get home from work, is it ok to store the milk immediately in the freezer upon my return from work?
hi milkshake,

I express my milk at work, i store my bm in avent container and put it in refrigerator ( not freezer ). I will prepare a cooler bag and ice pack. i will put my cold bm into the cooler bag together with the ice pack, so when i get home its still cold. then when i get home, i will store my ebm in e fridge and again not freezer, as these ebm will be consume by my baby girl the next day in school.
I will let my baby latch on when i go home and before going to work.

Never put your ebm in e freezer at work, because thaw milk cannot be freezed again, unless you going to feed your baby once you get home.

milkshake

question on pumping @ work & storing

Hi Clare

Thanks for the reply. How do u keep your ice pack from melting? I assume you have a freezer in the office?

I'm not sure how long my blue ice block will last and since I have no freezer in the office and my BM will remain cold thru out the day until I return home which I can then freeze or feed depending on the supply

clare chan

Re: question on pumping @ work & storing

Hi Clare

Thanks for the reply. How do u keep your ice pack from melting? I assume you have a freezer in the office?

I'm not sure how long my blue ice block will last and since I have no freezer in the office and my BM will remain cold thru out the day until I return home which I can then freeze or feed depending on the supply
milkshake, yes my office do have freezer so i can keep my ice pack in e freezer then move it to cooler bag when i wanna go home.

angeluv

Hi mummies, do you still pump every 3hrly at night after return bk to work? Wondering how to manage as its very tiring to not get enough 8hrs sleep when working. How do you all manage?