Questions on delivery

ysyishan

I'm giving birth in March and have some questions on the delivery process.

I have constipation and worried that i might push out the wrong thing. Will they clear our bowels before the actual pushing?

And for the episiotomy, how long the wound takes to heal?

Thank you so much!

xiaodaisy

I'm giving birth in March and have some questions on the delivery process.

I have constipation and worried that i might push out the wrong thing. Will they clear our bowels before the actual pushing?

And for the episiotomy, how long the wound takes to heal?

Thank you so much!
they will clear ur bowels before the actual pushing and the wound depends on individual .. personally myself

#1 time - takes 2wks+ to heal , #2 time - takes less den 1wk to heal ..

btw , mine was induce so those emergency i donno whether do they clear bowels =)

ysyishan

Oh i see, is it those laxative like Lactus? Lactus don't have much effect on me.
Wow two weeks to heal is very fast, at first i thought it will take months.
Thank you so much!

they will clear ur bowels before the actual pushing and the wound depends on individual .. personally myself

#1 time - takes 2wks+ to heal , #2 time - takes less den 1wk to heal ..

btw , mine was induce so those emergency i donno whether do they clear bowels =)

Normal delivery they will pump a liquid into your pipi, takes awhile nia u auto will bomb one. Something like lao sai but very smooth no pain, really clear til empty.
During the process before the baby is out they will pump yr urine out too. But then again, i donno if its for certain cases or for all. They did it to me though..
As for the healing part, i guess it depends on individual. Most importantly has to keep it clean to prevent infection. Since its raw wound below there where u pee plus u'll have heavy mensus after giving birth, quite troublesome to clean. N if u r following traditional confinement no shower, more prone to infection. Theres this pink liquid i think they call it antiseptic or something. My mum used that n she highly recommands it. Think hospital will give if not enough can always get from guardian..
I gave birth to my boy natural delivery wout epi in 2009. Cant remember much in details but thats abt all. Hope it helps!

pixie

I toilet runs each time my contractions started and each time I visit the loo, I always poo. So after 6 hours of contractions, by the time I arrived at the delivery suite, there is nothing else to poo/wee. I was given induction (but just 1 pill inserted) and waited almost 26 hours where my gynae came and tell me that my baby's chin is looking up and she showed sign of distress (she inhaled meconium which might block her airways) n.and by then my waterbag had broke for over 24 hours. So I had decided to have an emergency c-section.

A week after discharged from the hospital, the dressing was removed and gynae inspected the wound and said the stitch has no infection and healing up nicely. No pain during the whole healing process. Thank God and a caring gynae who did stitch me up well!

ysyishan

Oh icic thanks, initially i thought it was oral laxatives like Lactus.
Hopefully its not too painful when they pump in the liquid.

verieying

no pain but feel abit weird though right?
hi ysyishan, ekari, dont worry, not painful... just a small plastic thingy pumped into the anus quite alright ;) itis similar tothose u see at chinesemedicinehalls? u shd be able to clear after that. dont worry if u dont, i used to beconstipated too and sometimes didnt clear after the nurseinsert, but no rpob. ;)

sorsor

Hi ladies jus for your info , the bottle of fluid is call fleet enema . It help to clear all the remaining stool in our digestive system . It is painless cos the tip is lubricated n it can be easily inserted into the rectum without resistant .It is very important to clear our bowel before delivery . For vag del - it will lessen the pressure on the epi wound n for LSCS -because we can't visit the toilet until few days later .

carolinaw

can't visit the toilet until few days late? Terrible thing I can imagine.
I know that we must clear the bowel before labour delivery. My friend and me both think it's a bit weird but we have to do. All right to do what gynae ask us to do.

zc31

From what i heard....you cannot control de...muscle all relaxed and just let go everything.....

I think u should be more worried abt piles issue.. All the pushing forced my piles out.. =((

Anyway, after the delivery is over u r suppose to pee n poo again. My nurse checked on me to c if i peed n poo-ed some hours after im back in my ward. She's suppose to make sure my system r functioning normally after the whole delivery thingy n if i hadnt, they were suppose to do something to make sure i m able to do those normally.
I was able to pee normally, but very gentle with all movements n the cleaning part cos im sooo afraid the stitches will tear. As for the poo-ing, i didnt n i lied i did. Phobia of the stitches tearing made me hold all the poo-ing till many days later when i cannot tahan anymore. Kinda silly but well... =P

I think you should be more worried about piles issue.. All the pushing forced my piles out.. =((

Anyway, after the delivery is over you r suppose to pee n poo again. My nurse checked on me to c if i peed n poo-ed some hours after im back in my ward. She's suppose to make sure my system r functioning normally after the whole delivery thingy n if i hadnt, they were suppose to do something to make sure i m able to do those normally.
I was able to pee normally, but very gentle with all movements n the cleaning part cos im sooo afraid the stitches will tear. As for the poo-ing, i didnt n i lied i did. Phobia of the stitches tearing made me hold all the poo-ing till many days later when i cannot tahan anymore. Kinda silly but well... =P

adelynnlee1985

Hi ladies jus for your info , the bottle of fluid is call fleet enema . It help to clear all the remaining stool in our digestive system . It is painless cos the tip is lubricated n it can be easily inserted into the rectum without resistant .It is very important to clear our bowel before delivery . For vag del - it will lessen the pressure on the epi wound n for LSCS -because we can't visit the toilet until few days later .
The fleet enema fluid is it very strong? I got this burning sensation while the nurse is inserting in the liquid.
I wonder if this is normal, anyone felt this burning sensation too?

verieying

The fleet enema fluid is it very strong? I got this burning sensation while the nurse is inserting in the liquid.
I wonder if this is normal, anyone felt this burning sensation too?
hi hi, i tried a few times but never had this issue... did uhv a tear or smthing?

adelynnlee1985

I asked my friend who is a nurse and she told me that the fleet enema is a saline liquid being pumped into the rectum, causing an intense urge to poo. And perhaps the burning sensation is caused by the effects of the chemicals that irritate our bowels.

hi hi, i tried a few times but never had this issue... did uhv a tear or smthing?

min81

Hi ladies, would like to check, normally how long does the menses last after delivery? After delivery, hw long did u all take to be up and abt actively? When will the stitches be removed? :)