questions on direct latch...

rachelbaobei

so tiring doing fb. especially when waking up in the middle of the night to bf. same, my baby sometimes sucks few minutes and fall asleep, then when put her down to sleep, awhile she cry again. sometimes tempted to just give formula milk. mil keep pressure me to feed formula.

andieluv2

rachelbaobei:691444 said:
so tiring doing fb. especially when waking up in the middle of the night to bf. same, my baby sometimes sucks few minutes and fall asleep, then when put her down to sleep, awhile she cry again. sometimes tempted to just give formula milk. mil keep pressure me to feed formula.
Its.lidat babe. Press on!! i totally regretted.giving fm. So now trying hard to convert all to bm. Jia you. Dun make the.same.mistake i did!! press on!!!

3mum

My Bb also latch for comfort even just after finished feeding... I just latched her at anytime, since it can also help boost supply. These forever nonstop latching & busy phase will stabilize once supply kicks in... Until their next round of spurt, cycle will starts again... Just take this chance to bond with bb as well as increasing supply. It can b really tiring but it's worthwhile when u know ur bb is growing well & happy ! Keep it up mommies... U can do it with no regret when u look back what u have done for ur precious bb.

mummynista

I just let my newborn latch on demand. For the first week of birth, he was latching for 45minutes every 1-1.5h. I was really sore and feeling really exhausted, frustrated that I cry while feeding sometimes. However it did pay off, I started pumping (while continuing BF) after the first week and could get 80ml every 2 hrs for the first two days. And after that, I get a consistent amount of 160ml- 200 ml from each pump after 2.5h.

Baby is now 2 week 2 days old, feeding is about 2.5h- 3h apart and about 80ml-100ml of BM per feed (if bottle). So would really recommend mummies to hang in there while BF, it's tough but your milk supply will come in! Try stay away from formula, you can do it :)

P.S: I consumed Mother's Lactation Milk tea during the first week, so that might have helped as well. :D

Mreow Mreow

Mummies, colostrum will come on The very day after delivery is it?

Doc will put baby to breast to suckle after labour right?

Im so confused.... :(
How do u know if colostrum is there?
Could baby but suckling but nothing comes out??

Will babies keep crying, especially after birth?

Pls do guide me along... :(

I know most hospital encourage immediate direct latch rt after birth. At glen e, the midwife did ask if I wan to latch on immediately. I rem 3 yrs ago when I delivered my son, they did not let me latch on rt after delivery. They sent him for cleaning n then send him back to me for latching. This time round, after they asked me n I agreed, they cleaned the baby briefly n handed her to me for latching. If your nurse doesn't ask, you request for immediate latch.

usu colostrum will come either on the day of delivery or the next day. You will know if u hv it when u squeeze the aerola n yellowish liquid comes out. Or when u latch baby, u can hear her swallowing. Newborn babies have reserve which can last them for few days after birth, so they dun really need to drink tat much. First few days if birth, they only drink I think 1 spoonful of colostrum per day. They are usu sleepy n doesn't wan to suckle so much. So sometimes got to force them to suckle not just for the colostrum but also to stimulate supply so tat your milk will come in soon.

Mreow Mreow

Thanks alot for ur detailed answer rachelleling!!! :)

I understand better now :D

Hopefully got come out when squeezed, lk u mentioned...

[h=2]Re: questions on direct latch...[/h]
mummies, pump will always be lesser than what your baby able to latch. :)
and i really believe. :nah:

yu021984

When you pump will always be lesser than what your baby able to latch or get. when your baby is done feeding just put in bed because if you latch to her, and lay down together it would become a habit of your baby.