Questions on MMR Jab

shespice

Hi mommies,
Like to ask some questions on MMR jab....

My gal just turned 16 months and last month @ 15-mth, I went to a family doc (GP) with intention to get MMR for my gal but in the end went back without getting the jab.
According to the doc's suggestion, maybe should wait a little while before giving since there may be some side effects with regards to development of the child eg. autism.
Could anyone advise if I didn't get the jab at 15-mth, is there a cut off date in age to get it done? This is also a complusory jab right?

Another person informed me that I should not take too close to 18-mth as kid will need to take other booster jabs. So does this mean I should take MMR before 18-mth and if not what if we take it at a later age like 2 years old? Too late?

Sorry for so many questions but appreciate any advise. Thanks :)

TANZHENZHI

Hi Shespice, my son just went for the jab at 15months last sat. The doctor only tell me he'll feel unwell after 5days. But luckily he didn't fall sick after 5days. Yes it's a compulsory jab for all kids. You may wish to approach your nearest polyclinic to check regarding the jab.

camom

So long as your child is vaccinated before he/she is due for pri sch reg, it shld be fine. But usually doc don't recommend waiting so long unless your child has known allergy to the vacc itself.

autumn82

Hi there,

Iggy is currently 21mths old and he haven't taken his MMRV and 18mth booster jab (coz he was down with slight flu when we see the pd in Jan).

Not to worry, according to my PD when I saw him in Jan, the latest cut off date to take both of these will be 2 years old. :)

I'm planning to bring Iggy for both of these jabs this coming month end. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

shespice

Hi there,

Iggy is currently 21mths old and he have not't taken his MMRV and 18mth booster jab (coz he was down with slight flu when we see the pediatrician in Jan).

Not to worry, according to my pediatrician when I saw him in Jan, the latest cut off date to take both of these will be 2 years old. :)

I'm planning to bring Iggy for both of these jabs this coming month end. :001_302::001_302::001_302:
Hi autumn
Thanks for the input. Yeah usually doc says should take vacination only when kid is well. So I also will wait as baby is having cough and slight runny nose now :)

potato

My daughter just recover from flu.. I'm planning to let her take her MMR jab next week. Is it alright? Can i give her fever medicine after the jab? Will she have fever for 5 days? Thanks alot.. :)

jojoki

me taking net to jab this 27th (she turns 15 mth exactly) she will be taking both her pneumoccocal (final) MMR. does it cause autism?? mmr??? isnt autism genetic? i heard MMR very painful (and so is pneumoccocal) ouch both jab at the same time!! I'm very feel scared fr her.... gulp!

raeka

My daughter just recover from flu.. I'm planning to let her take her MMR jab next week. Is it alright? Can i give her fever medicine after the jab? Will she have fever for 5 days? Thanks alot.. :)

To Me i think , is better to take maybe another before she is bring to the Jab cause she just recover afraid the immune system not strong enought to fight with the new jab < MMR> .
Yes u can give her fever medicine after the jab.
As for fever my GP told me is 7-10 days after the jab. so far, my boy didn't have fever .

Last edited:

raeka

me taking net to jab this 27th (she turns 15 month exactly) she will be taking both her pneumoccocal (final) MMR. does it cause autism?? mmr??? isnt autism genetic? i heard MMR very painful (and so is pneumoccocal) ouch both jab at the same time!! I'm very feel scared fr her.... gulp!
NOt sure whether will cause Austim or not?
I bring my boy for the MMR jab when he was 16month.
* curious to ask, if take 2 different jab together , will it be jab at the same thigh or both thigh? cause just the MMR jab the thigh already pain and slight swollen for around 3-5days.
if both then is it very painful?

apollo

frankly speaking, i really dunno if MMR jab will really cause austim anot. but if we think again, if really will cause austim and this jab is compulsory, lik that whole SG kids will be having austim? :001_302:

potato

May i know what ''herbal'' drinks should i give my daughter before she takes the jab and after she takes it? Is barley water with abit of rock sugar fine? Hm.. after her jab, if she does have a slightly swollen spot, should i use a warm or cold towel to soothe her spot? Thanks raeka for the advices, i thought that she must take her MMR by 15 months. In that case, it's better for her to fully recover coz she has alot of mucus and isn't well yet. :)

raeka

yes of course barley water can add a bit of rock sugar.
I only gave my boy drink Gripe water.
come back got gave him drink herbal drink lor..
i don't know what that call is chinese but hokkien i know.
i gave him have " you xin qiu" sometime chrystanume . but gripe water is daily one. in the morning after his shower.

yes will slight swollen , u can use cotton with warm water to gently pat on her Jab area.

jojoki

my bub just got jabbed.. twice! pneumoccocal on thigh, and MMR on arm. WAH cry until face soo red. I was soo scared for her and i guess my anxiety was showing.. after the jabs i took her out to bf. The nurse told my hub that we are being over-protective.. next time how to go school?! i was like huh? wats so over-protective woh? then she told me have one more child la, then u wont focus so much on her alone. Whats wrong with focusing on my child?? Shes just 15 mths old, wat am i suppose to treat her like a 15 yr old? So odd lor i find the nurse comments...

btw can ask issit surefire will get fever 5-7 days after MMR jab? anything to watch out for?

autumn82

my bub just got jabbed.. twice! pneumoccocal on thigh, and MMR on arm. WAH cry until face soo red. I was soo scared for her and i guess my anxiety was showing.. after the jabs i took her out to bf. The nurse told my hub that we are being over-protective.. next time how to go school?! i was like huh? wats so over-protective woh? then she told me have one more child , then you wont focus so much on her alone. Whats wrong with focusing on my child?? Shes just 15 mths old, what am i suppose to treat her like a 15 yr old? So odd i find the nurse comments...

btw can ask issit surefire will get fever 5-7 days after MMR jab? anything to watch out for?
Most likely to get fever, but not 100%. Just standby fever medicine. I asked the pd if it will be low grade fever, and she told me could be both low or high fever coz she ever encountered 2 cases of high fever after 4days of jab but the kid is active. :) I just brought Iggy for his MMRV & 18mth booster today. Jabbed on both thighs. LOL. He was tricked by sweets, so no cries. :p Happily chewing his sweet. LOL.

Last edited:

coco^v^

Hi there,

Iggy is currently 21mths old and he have not't taken his MMRV and 18mth booster jab (coz he was down with slight flu when we see the pediatrician in Jan).

Not to worry, according to my pediatrician when I saw him in Jan, the latest cut off date to take both of these will be 2 years old. :)

Oh no, mine is already 3 and we have yet to let him take the jab!!! We have delayed because it was either he was not feeling well and after that we are not free then when we remember, he is not feeling well again or we cannot find a suitable time, it always clashes or that he is not feeling well and we have almost forgotten about it! What will happen if after 3 and he has yet to take the MMR? Anyone knows? :wecry:

autumn82

Oh no, mine is already 3 and we have yet to let him take the jab!!! We have delayed because it was either he was not feeling well and after that we are not free then when we remember, he is not feeling well again or we cannot find a suitable time, it always clashes or that he is not feeling well and we have almost forgotten about it! What will happen if after 3 and he has yet to take the MMR? Anyone knows? :wecry:
:err::err::err: Just pray he doesn't get exposed to any of those virus then and quickly go take the jab!!

potato

I'm suppose to bring my gal for her MMR jab today, but she took her nap and the clinic closes early.. We'll bring her on mon instead, hopefully, everything goes well coz i'm always anxious whenever she takes her jab.. :(

win_mum

Most likely to get fever, but not 100%. Just standby fever medicine. I asked the pediatrician if it will be low grade fever, and she told me could be both low or high fever coz she ever encountered 2 cases of high fever after 4days of jab but the kid is active. :) I just brought Iggy for his MMRV & 18mth booster today. Jabbed on both thighs. LOL. He was tricked by sweets, so no cries. :p Happily chewing his sweet. LOL.
besides fever, heard that some may get red spots on the body. is it itchy & how long will spots disappear????:err: