Questions on MMR Jab

autumn82

besides fever, heard that some may get red spots on the body. is it itchy & how long will spots disappear????:err:
She didnt tell me abt spots though... Unless what you're referring are those red spots after fever. Those shouldn't be a problem. Will disappear on its own. :001_302:

autumn82

I fed Iggy with para once he came back from his jab yesterday but he still developed low grade fever since yesterday but once medicine fed, his temp is back to normal. :)

This morn also showed low grade fever but after medicine he's fine. Overall, he's still pretty normal and active everything is fine except his temp slightly higher.

So he didn't wait for 4 days for the fever to come. LOL. :p

missblue18

hi...heather got her MMR at 12mths!! my pd didnt tell me shd get the jab only at 15mths...she developed fever for 3 days (esp at night) after 7 days and when the fever subsided, she had mild red spots which disappeared after 2 days...hope this helps...

i'm bringing her for pneumoccol jab at 15mths (1st jab) anything i shd take note of?

jojoki

Most likely to get fever, but not 100%. Just standby fever medicine. I asked the pediatrician if it will be low grade fever, and she told me could be both low or high fever coz she ever encountered 2 cases of high fever after 4days of jab but the kid is active. :) I just brought Iggy for his MMRV & 18mth booster today. Jabbed on both thighs. LOL. He was tricked by sweets, so no cries. :p Happily chewing his sweet. LOL.
hua not pain meh? Iggy din cry?? wat a brave n good boy! net cried so hard n loud her face turned red!! i think the pneumoccocal jab hurts a lot! the area around the pneumo jab is red n swelling up to today.

autumn82

hua not pain meh? Iggy did not cry?? what a brave n good boy! net cried so hard n loud her face turned red!! i think the pneumoccocal jab hurts a lot! the area around the pneumo jab is red n swelling up to today.
:err::err::err: As long as got food, Iggy will be fine. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Yea, I realised the 2 jabs on his thighs are like insect bites, alittle red still. :)

Iggy haven't taken his Pneumoccocal, will only let him take after he turns 2 yrs old, so 1 jab nia.. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Hi mummies

im goin to bring my boy for MMR jab at 14 months, according to nurse at polyclinic we need to feed them egg white before taking the jab to see if there's any allergy. how u guys feed the egg white? hard boiled ones? or i can just make an omelette?

thanks!!

apollo

Hi mummies

im goin to bring my boy for MMR jab at 14 months, according to nurse at polyclinic we need to feed them egg white before taking the jab to see if there's any allergy. how you guys feed the egg white? hard boiled ones? or i can just make an omelette?

thanks!!
have ur son tried egg yolk alrdy? if he has tried yolk and is okay with it actu u can ust beat 1 egg (yolk & white) into his porridge. smell nice and easy to cook. =)

arrafah

I heard the MMR jab is free at polyclinics. What about the MMR + VARICELLA (chicken pox)? Do we have to pay extra?