Questions on my newborn baby

drifter19

Alpha Male
Hi, my baby boy is now 28 days old. i would like to ask:

1) his face and neck area have several small 'pimples'. i wondered if those were rashes though. is this normal?

thanks.

apollo

Hi, my baby boy is now 28 days old. i would like to ask:

1) his face and neck area have several small 'pimples'. i wondered if those were rashes though. is this normal?

thanks.
tt is pretty normal for NB. we asked pd b4, he said will come n go thru out the 1st few mths. just use cool boiled water to clean his face few times per day (esp aft milk feed) will do. ds has such 'pimples' all the way until 4mth+. sometimes better, sometimes worsen but we just continue to wipe his face.. =)

angelwendy

Is very normal for NB.. when my boy NB... he got very bad rashes... I bring him to pd to get cream.. after a few time is gone...

hpc

Hi NB having rashes on face,neck n body are common.These are we so call tai re or body heatyness from mum.Bath baby with ABC black beer,twice daily,all rashes will subside,I bath that for my baby n it works well.

angelwendy

Hi NB having rashes on face,neck n body are common.These are we so call tai re or body heatyness from mum.Bath baby with ABC black beer,twice daily,all rashes will subside,I bath that for my baby n it works well.

Err.. i heard that before.. but i never tried on my son.. because i scare is not good for his skin or might make it worst.... i think better go pd to get cream...

drifter19

Alpha Male
oh, thanks all. wife and me were thinking if he is being kissed too much during his full mth party, so got dirtied and got pimples. ha ha.

plus... there is a kid who turned up at the party yesterday, down with chicken pox today. we were worried if he will be infected... cos there r reddish pimples on his body..

hpc

My gal skin is very smooth now after the beer bath.After the bath I use Topi
-cream,an ultra-moisturer recommended by PD.

apollo

i feel tt there is NO NEED to do anything extra. my pd refuse to give us any cream cos he said tt this type of rashes is very common, not skin problem, not ezcema. just continue to wipe baby with cool boiled water and the rashes will subside on its own. true enough, the rashes slowly subside at 4mth old. ds NB rashes was very bad but we didnt do anything more than cleaning his face few times per day. UNLESS ur bb's 'pimples' has pus, den nd to bring to pd for a check, if not, dun have to wry =)

apollo

oh, thanks all. wife and me were thinking if he is being kissed too much during his full month party, so got dirtied and got pimples. ha ha.

plus... there is a kid who turned up at the party yesterday, down with chicken pox today. we were worried if he will be infected... cos there r reddish pimples on his body..
we dont kiss ds when he was young, even now we also seldom kiss his face cos his skin is quite sensitive, and we 'forbid' ppl from doing that too. not only his face, we dont kiss his hands too (cos scare he will put his hands into his mouth or touch his face).

as for chk pox, u have to observe. if is really chk pox, usually is whole body and will develop a fever.

sunburst

Chicken pox spots will start on the torso & spread outwards.
Also monitor bb for any signs of fever.
But as there isn't any medication for infants, even if it does happen... PD can only prescribe calamine lotion.

rainbow123

oh, thanks all. wife and me were thinking if he is being kissed too much during his full month party, so got dirtied and got pimples. ha ha.

:eek: I dun even dare to kiss my own baby and forbid others to kiss her too.
The mouth alot of germs ...

I only make the kiss sound only and hug her tight tight to make her feel luv by me . :001_302:

Amulet

:eek: I dont even dare to kiss my own baby and forbid others to kiss her too.
The mouth alot of germs ...

I only make the kiss sound only and hug her tight tight to make her feel luv by me . :001_302:
:err: i nvr know really got parents who doesn't dare to kiss their child.. have only read about them.. haha...

we kiss my DD everyday, day in day out, especially if i'm carrying her, her face will be so close i can't help but keep smooching on her every few mins.. LOL!

she kisses all my family members and even her sch teacher.. but it's only close family members like my mum n bro n BF that gets to kiss her on her lips..

joeybeadz

:err: i never know really got parents who doesn't dare to kiss their child.. have only read about them.. haha...

we kiss my dear daughter everyday, day in day out, especially if i'm carrying her, her face will be so close i can't help but keep smooching on her every few mins.. LOL!

she kisses all my family members and even her sch teacher.. but it's only close family members like my mum n bro n BF that gets to kiss her on her lips..
I agreed! hee.. how to "NOT" kiss your baby when he/she is so adorable?

rainbow123

:001_302::001_302::001_302:

That why i hug her tight tight instead as she luv this kind of feeling and will laugh when i do that .

ast0212

It's the hormones that baby gets from mother while in the womb. Goes away after a couple of weeks, nothing to worry about:)