Questions Questions.

appleple

hi mummies I would like to know how long can breast milk keep? in freezer and not in freezer. is there any mini freezer? if I don't intend to latch. if I bring baby out how am I gna bring the breast milk out?

diymummy

In freezer abt 3 mths. Not in freezer, 48 hrs.

Yes there're chest freezers available to buy.

Put the chilled ebm into a cooler bag (such as fridge to go) with an added ice pack to maintain the coolness. Pour the chilled ebm into the bottle and warm the milk up in a water bath.

appleple

thank you for your reply. where can I get the mini freezer? do you know roughly how much is it? where can I get the cooler bag? cheap ones? sorry for asking so much as nobody is around to help me answer all my question so I only can asked them
here.

diymummy

I'm not sure how much a mini freezer cost. I never bought one.

You can get cooler bags from all major stores like Kiddy Palace, Mothercare, Isetan. Fridge to go is a brand you can get other brands like Avent etc. Mine is an Avent. I think I paid less than $30 for it.

joeybeadz

I bought mine from Medela. It has a ice pack and nice to hold 4 bottles (without the teats). The ice pack has to be freezed in the freezer overnight.

If you intend to pump at work, you have to get one, otherwise you cannot bring it home for your baby to drink or store.:001_302:

appleple

noted. thanks mummies. :) but where can I warm the milk when I am outside? or maybe put in the warmer bag is it?

thepinkdot

noted. thanks mummies. :) but where can I warm the milk when I am outside? or maybe put in the warmer bag is it?
i think u shld refer to the above posts.. someone said a water bath..

u aren't suppose to warm up bm and keep it more than 1 hr.

joeybeadz

U only can warm when you are ready to feed your baby. Conventional way is to use a mug and pour hot water in. Then you put your bottle to warm it. Most of the bottle warmers sold out there needs to use electricity.