Questions rgd breastfeeding my 2mth old baby

paull

my 2mth old baby had recently start to reject my breast, esp during and after let down..it doesn't always happens with every feed, realise that it happens more frequently during the midnight feed..i'd have to carry and calm him down before trying again..else he'd keep crying and refuse to frink frm my breast..it had been like this for ard 2 weeks le, tot it's just a phrase but i nearly gave up breastfeeding cuz he'll be crying really badly..

i noe if i pump exclusively, i wun persist cuz i'm quite a lazy person, esp if we go out, still have to bring so many things..so really wanted to latch him on for bf-ing..

another qns, i cant seem to do without my breastfeeding pillow! i've been using My Brestfriend pillow since my son is born, using cross cradle hold..really helps alot..

but a couple of times i tried to feed him w/o the pillow, i cant seem to find the correct position for him to latch..den cause him to unlatch and my milk to sprayed..it's really frustating..thus i had seldom bring him out, and is afraid to cuz even with the nursing room, i cant breastfeed him properly and milk will leak frm his mouth and make a huge mess on both of our clothes..and when he dun drink enuff, he cries =( in the end resort to feeding him the ready-to-feed fm frm hospital..and no more outing since then..

gumbokins

Maybe can try to change position...try leaning back so he is lying on your belly..that might help with the forceful letdown.

When baby gets bigger, you won't need the pillow anymore. Baby also has to learn to latch.

As for baby regurgitating feeds...it's pretty common. Just arm yourself with lots of towels or a burp cloth. It should be easier to go out if you are nursing as there are no bottles/hot water/powder to pack.

Hi

I have similar experience and I resoloved the problem by leaning back. I read it from somewhere that it is due to quick let-down.

Like you, I can't do without my Brestfriend pillow so I have both the original and the inflated ones. When I go out with BB, I use a travel Brestfriend pillow which is inflated so I can blow it when i need to use and keep it in my bag when not using it. You can get it from Mums and Bebes. I bring along a nursing cover too in case the nursing room is full and had to nurse BB outside or in the car.

lyra

You sound like you had the problem I had when I started breastfeeding! Do you feel engorged every few hours? Do you need to pump to relieve the engorgement before you feed bb? Do u have blocked ducts? Does ur milk spray (very fast n can spray very far) out n then bb cried when let down happens? I had all these n I read up Kelly mom website. Was desperate to find a solution. It's over supply of milk n fast let down. Bb can't catch up with the fast flow so he cried. I had prob bringing him out n even had prob feeding him at home when mil is staring at him crying at my breast, and I struggled for many months. At 5 months, supply stablised n he's a happy baby. Phew. You can google for over supply n read Kelly mom to find out what you can do. Pm me if u need more info. Don't give up!

You sound like you had the problem I had when I started breastfeeding! Do you feel engorged every few hours? Do you need to pump to relieve the engorgement before you feed baby? Do you have blocked ducts?Z Does your milk spray (very fast n can spray very far) out n then baby cried when let down happens? I had all these n I read up Kelly mom website. Was desperate to find a solution. It's over supply of milk n fast let down. baby can't catch up with the fast flow so he cried. I had prob bringing him out n even had prob feeding him at home when mother in law is staring at him crying at my breast, and I struggled for many months. At 5 months, supply stablised n he's a happy baby. Phew. You can google for over supply n read Kelly mom to find out what you can do. Pm me if you need more info. dont't give up!

Thanks but my problems had resolved weeks ago.