Quit job for baby making project?

serene78

Hi beehong,
I dun think it will affect if really lucky to get pregnant.. I mean, I am not even sure if I can ovulate. It's just 2 weeks of unknown.. and... I am losing hope that i will be able to conceive naturally, that's why I want to turn to fertility treatment. Hubby work is stress, so our frequency is not good, so very unlikely to strike.. even when go holiday, we will sleep sleep sleep and do nothing...
Oh no... the waiting time is so long? then I can only do IVF on Jan 2012? I was hoping in Nov! Think I must consider clearly if I want to go for private... My friend go private hospital, and start the IVF process immediately... Is $3K worth the 4 month wait? Next year I'll be 1 year older... sian.. And I dun know how long I can stay home without working... will feel very worthless, which I am starting to feel already.
Thanks for the invitation to the seminar.. but I was very affected by everyone getting pregnant except me.. cannot even stand the sight of pregnant woman.. overwhelmed by jealousy.. so it is best that I skip all these.
I'm getting more and more nervous... waiting time really kills... I'm now waiting for my ovulation day... worried that it will not come... sian...
Ahhh... Be positive positive positive positive positive....

Hi Serene,

I'm quite worry that did my IVF in KK because they take quite number of patient...over 100 each month. dont't know got mistake or not. I heared my friend said private hospital services better than KK. If go private, no govt grant $3K & pay extra $3K. Worth it for me since I'm fulltime executor.

Did you consider take short courses in order to make use of your time?? To let go some stress..

Me "very jealous" too...most of my friends become mummy & daddy...me still trying 1...2...3....7 years... They said to me take it easy... you say how to take it easy cheating...we are human!!!:001_302::001_302:

I told myself "what wrong with my reproductive organ"!!! why happen to me....I told myself must positive thinking..."say easily do very difficult"... sian

Last edited:

PinkDiamonds

I think it is a very tough decision to make, to quit your high-salary job and commit to being a mother.

I can tell you for sure that time is NEVER wasted if you ever decide to be a full-time mom once you have a baby. The time that you would have spent at your high-paying job earning your salary, is instead devoted to nurturing your child, which is something money cannot buy.

If you and your husband feel that the family can manage with a single source of income, or are willing to make changes in your lifestyle that the single income can provide, then things should be okay.

Perhaps your other concern is if you want to go back to work after having your baby, will employees still hire you? That is a big leap of faith you'll need to take.

I find that a lot of moms, including myself, struggling with the decision of whether to be a working or a full-time mom, always think that if we had a job we could help supplement the family income. But we tend to forget that if we get a job and pay for someone else to care for our children, we tend to miss out on a lot of things.

One mistake we tend to make is to compare MONEY with TIME spent with our own children. No amount of money can ever substitute those precious memories and bonding.

serene78

actually now having depression, so dun feel like doing anything... so lazy to even follow the 'active' schedule I set for myself...

Never thought that I would be in this state... To think that i actually went on protection for 2 years before we started trying! Everyone else seems to get pregnant so easily, and those TV always end up happy ending... So sad for myself... feel so useless as a woman...

when i quit my job, I already prepare that i will be jobless for 1 year or more... cos, if get pregnant, who will employ me? And during IVF, it will be neccessary to be at rest for at least 1 full month... so even if wanna find a job now also difficult... so really hoping that I will be having baby soon... and I dun think i can work when he or she arrives.

anyway, I was seriously considering if should go private... the difference between public and private is about $6K (Public: 10k-12k with $3k subsidy; Private: 12k-15k no subsidy). But if the difference is 4 months, then our forgo salary will be more than $6K in 4 months for most of us. Then, it is really worth the wait??

But then, who can guarantee 1st IVF will be successful? If need 2nd or 3rd or more attempts, the $$$ is really going to be huge...

AngieTan

Just to share that my cousin tried to conceive for a few years but didn't and almost right after she quit her highly stressful and demanding job, she managed to conceive...

So I think stress does really play a factor too...

Angiebee

actually now having depression, so dun feel like doing anything... so lazy to even follow the 'active' schedule I set for myself...

Never thought that I would be in this state... To think that i actually went on protection for 2 years before we started trying! Everyone else seems to get pregnant so easily, and those TV always end up happy ending... So sad for myself... feel so useless as a woman...

when i quit my job, I already prepare that i will be jobless for 1 year or more... cos, if get pregnant, who will employ me? And during IVF, it will be neccessary to be at rest for at least 1 full month... so even if wanna find a job now also difficult... so really hoping that I will be having baby soon... and I dun think i can work when he or she arrives.

anyway, I was seriously considering if should go private... the difference between public and private is about $6K (Public: 10k-12k with $3k subsidy; Private: 12k-15k no subsidy). But if the difference is 4 months, then our forgo salary will be more than $6K in 4 months for most of us. Then, it is really worth the wait??

But then, who can guarantee 1st IVF will be successful? If need 2nd or 3rd or more attempts, the $$$ is really going to be huge...
YEs 100% agreed with you... And if sucess conceive will have to wait for at least 1more year before we can go out to work... By the time go interview pple will ask strange Q... how come out of job so long ? Can u still work as fast and think as fast ? And Q like why u must resign and stay hm 1 year while having bb ? U have health problem ? Lots of stupit Q will come to us..

By the way Serene how long you have stop working ?

Angiebee

Hi Angie

Thanks for sharing & info. Seen like we have the same interest. How long you have been joining Yoga? Is your instructor good? You need to quit immediately if you successfully pregnant because my instructor told me. I will join my Yoga till Oct'11 because going to start my 1st IVF, I dont't want any mistake on my trial..a big "kei si".

My gynea told me dont't take any chinese medicine during this period of time. Initially I plan to see "Thong Ji" but afraid that have conflict between chinese & western medicine. Did your "sin seh" did acupuncture on you? Is it expensive per visit?

You can look for this website for part time job Part Time Jobs in Singapore - Job Vacancy @ Job Search JobStreet.com Singapore=

How long you will give yourself trying for traditional chinese medicine? Did you consider IUI or IVF?
Hi BeeHong,

Sorry for the late reply.... hubby not working these few days... dont really want him to see this ...

Ya i love yoga.. a very enjoyable thing to do... Practicing since i resign.. the instructor so so only .... keep on with her class cause that is the only afternoon class they have here.... No choice...

IVF and IUI i have no courage to do it... i very scare of pain... we plan to try for 1 year willl stop once i reach 35... (wonder if that is the correct thinking) understand the "quality" of the bb willl drop once we reach 35 and the doc will do alot of funny test on us to checck on the bb....

Hi Lady

We should have positive thinking now. Give ourself long*** holiday since we were working so hard on our previous job. dont't forget we are rest now & when baby arrive we will be very**busy...we are not forever like that...Our task no so easy to achieve, maybe or may not suceess to get conceive. At least we try & we willing to give up our time.. energy....$$$ everything in order to achieve our goals....

Hi Angiebee

You may consider go for IVF treatment since this is a final solution for those have a problem on infertility, at least try & no regret when you reach age 40. I have friend she go for IVF when age 40..Some people comments that IVF is not painful & scary...

YEs 100% agreed with you... And if sucess conceive will have to wait for at least 1more year before we can go out to work... By the time go interview pple will ask strange Q... how come out of job so long ? Can you still work as fast and think as fast ? And Q like why you must resign and stay hm 1 year while having baby ? you have health problem ? Lots of stupit Q will come to us..

By the way Serene how long you have stop working ?

Family planning most of the pple would accept the reason for leaving..if not accepted, this employer have problem of inhumality. But we must make full use of this period of time...maybe attending some workshop....classes...seminar...upgrade ourself in term of skill & knowledge. Once we start work we have no time to do all this...trust me & relax...behappy...

one we make this decision...sure have gain or loss...
:spamxxx:gain is our more rest time...no worry on work schedule & deadlined....freedom....

:eek:10::chatterbox:loss is our pay$...working experiences & exposure....chit cha with colleagues

Pandasea

Hi Ladies

I am joining your team.. quitted my job too to do IUI but failed.. need your advise on the waiting time for ivf in KK. I am wondering should I start looking for job while waiting if the waiting time needs like 3-4mths.. by the time.. I would hv over with my probation..

Help...

Pixiefied

Hi Ladies,

I was in a similar situation a few months back. I had been trying for 4 years unsuccessfully and decided to resign from my HR job. However, my doctor adviced me to go back to work because if you stay home, you will keep thinking of getting pregnant and this might cause you even more stress. Plus, what's there to do at home? I found my weekdays no different from my weekends and eventually didn't know what to talk to my husband except for what kind of housework or gym activity I did that day.

Eventually, I went back to work (after 3 months of being a tai tai) and set time out for baby making during the week I am expecting to ovulate. This means I plan my time and try and finish as much work as possible and leave work on time for baby making activity at night. I don't know if I manage to be successful doing this, still waiting for the day I can test for pregnancy, but at least this keeps me occupied and financially independent.

This is just my 2 cents worth, but I believe you can be working and still have a baby. IVF is also very costly, my first visit at Mount E costed me $2K. I have since switched to KK and am told to try with the help of Clomid. It's cheaper at KK and of course, being employed helps with the cost of the IVF. :001_302: