Racist? Hwa Xia Branch @ Northpoint

Went to the branch @ Northpoint few hours ago wanting to buy
a neck float for my baby girl.
One of the staff there quickly showed me a neck float.
Then I went on asking bout the price. $50 she said.
So I asked her, "Do you have other cheaper range for me to compare and decide?"
She quickly defended that product.
"This one is very good, it has a thing here for neck support."
Then I was like ???.
So I asked her if it's called neck support float, shouldn't it ALL come
with "a thing for neck support"??
You know what I mean? Just curious mahh. Need to know.
First time seeing one neck support float so I was really curious.
Don't want to be smoked anyhow too.
If I'm convinced, I'll buy.
Just don't try to be pushy and say the wrong things.
Then she took another neck support float without the "thing" for neck support as she said, for me to compare.
I was still a little blur to be honest, holding the two floats in my hands.
I was thinking inside, "Hmm... how will this "thing" here make so much diff?"
"Which one, which one"
All happened in 1 or 2 mins then she began to push more and got louder, totally not convincing me at all.

And guess what?
She said, "This one (referring to the $30 float) only got Malays and Indians buy one lahh. Chinese don't buy cheap one."

HOW IRRITATING!

I wished there were Malays and Indians around to hear that!
Sickening BBBBEEECCCH. Pardon me.
So I bluffed her, "Aiyo, I half Malay, so NOT BUYING."

She was in quite a shock when I said that.
NOT EVERYONE WILL FALL FOR YOUR STUPID SALES TECHNIQUE!! :realmad:

jasobias

thts terrible..maybe i shld go there n say i am half malay n half indian..so does she know where got free one ah?

moonity

Omg just the float is so expensive.. I was thinking of bringing to Hwa Xia next week and let her start kicking..

January84

Went to the branch @ Northpoint few hours ago wanting to buy
a neck float for my baby girl.
One of the staff there quickly showed me a neck float.
Then I went on asking bout the price. $50 she said.
So I asked her, "Do you have other cheaper range for me to compare and decide?"
She quickly defended that product.
"This one is very good, it has a thing here for neck support."
Then I was like ???.
So I asked her if it's called neck support float, shouldn't it ALL come
with "a thing for neck support"??
You know what I mean? Just curious mahh. Need to know.
First time seeing one neck support float so I was really curious.
dont't want to be smoked anyhow too.
If I'm convinced, I'll buy.
Just dont't try to be pushy and say the wrong things.
Then she took another neck support float without the "thing" for neck support as she said, for me to compare.
I was still a little blur to be honest, holding the two floats in my hands.
I was thinking inside, "Hmm... how will this "thing" here make so much diff?"
"Which one, which one"
All happened in 1 or 2 mins then she began to push more and got louder, totally not convincing me at all.

And guess what?
She said, "This one (referring to the $30 float) only got Malays and Indians buy one lahh. Chinese dont't buy cheap one."

HOW IRRITATING!

I wished there were Malays and Indians around to hear that!
Sickening BBBBEEECCCH. Pardon me.
So I bluffed her, "Aiyo, I half Malay, so NOT BUYING."

She was in quite a shock when I said that.
NOT EVERYONE WILL FALL FOR YOUR STUPID SALES TECHNIQUE!! :realmad:
pineappletart,

buy from Mummy Kian. Mama & Bebe Essentials - Home
You can go and see the product before buying also. Got a few location u can go to.

Quoted from her website

OPEN HOUSE

DAILY @ Blk 19 Jalan Tenteram!! Pls call/sms/email b4 coming incase im out.
MSN: charlesnkian@hotmail.com
Email: enquiry@momnbebe.com

apollo

i brought ds to PS branch b4. only wanna let him try out the bathtub swim. but the staffs were very pushy, kept want us to sign the package, aft ample times of rejecting, they finally gave up and totally ignored us. my fren went to harbourfront branch, she said the staffs there were not pushy at all. she told them she dun wanna sign package and tt's it, they didnt 'push' her anymore =)

the pinkdot, apollo n january84:

wow! I didnt know got so many designs and the price is really much more attractive lorr! luckily never buy from her if not, I'll feel like a donkey now. thanks! thanks!:tlaugh:

apollo

the pinkdot, apollo n january84:

wow! I didnt know got so many designs and the price is really much more attractive lorr! luckily never buy from her if not, I'll feel like a donkey now. thanks! thanks!:tlaugh:
i think u can just buy the pool also. got include float mahh.. at hm swim better.. haha

jas: hahaha! ya, give it to her!! @*#@Y*$!!

moonity: ya after looking @ all the other floats and its cost, I really think
that they markup the price very ridiculously! if it's justifiable, like what orthopedic lahh (LOL), famous brands lahh, fine. but MADE IN CHINA printed in Chinese characters on the float does not sell. anyway if your paying for their facilities, I don't think u need to buy their floats? :confused:

apollo: may I know until which month Ashton no need to use the neck float anymore??

cmeilim

aiyo i can't believe that racist attitude. anyway i think the lady boss of hwaxia posts in this forum too (or is she just a staff asked by her boss to post here for publicity?)

anyway, even $30 is a crazy mark-up. we went there before to ask abt prices for their playmats (like LG and Parklon playmats but cheaper quality and cheaper price). the attitude was also very standoffish - like can't be bothered to entertain our queries. of cos we didn't buy anything!

i was considering swimming classes there for my baby when i was preggie, but subsequently decided to buy a home pool instead for ease of convenience. it came with a neck float and a sitting float. we graduated ian from the neck float and home pool to the big pool and a doraemon sitting float just two weeks ago when he turned 10 months old as the neck float was getting too tight for him and he was also getting too heavy to be supported at the neck. but we figured the home pool would still be useful for days when it is raining outside.

apollo

jas: hahaha! ya, give it to her!! @*#@Y*$!!

moonity: ya after looking @ all the other floats and its cost, I really think
that they markup the price very ridiculously! if it's justifiable, like what orthopedic lahh (LOL), famous brands lahh, fine. but MADE IN CHINA printed in Chinese characters on the float does not sell. anyway if your paying for their facilities, I dont't think you need to buy their floats? :confused:

apollo: may I know until which month Ashton no need to use the neck float anymore??
babe, ash is still using the neck float haha! cos we let him swim in the 'pool' we bought. actu i feel tt by using the neck float, the whole body is inside the water den they can actually 'exercise' by kicking. he loves to swim. haha.. and somemore we dun intend to bring him to public pool until he is one. hehe.. but it has been a long long time since he last swim liaoooo :tlaugh:

apollo

aiyo i can't believe that racist attitude. anyway i think the lady boss of hwaxia posts in this forum too (or is she just a staff asked by her boss to post here for publicity?)

anyway, even $30 is a crazy mark-up. we went there before to ask about prices for their playmats (like LG and Parklon playmats but cheaper quality and cheaper price). the attitude was also very standoffish - like can't be bothered to entertain our queries. of cos we didn't buy anything!

i was considering swimming classes there for my baby when i was preggie, but subsequently decided to buy a home pool instead for ease of convenience. it came with a neck float and a sitting float. we graduated ian from the neck float and home pool to the big pool and a doraemon sitting float just two weeks ago when he turned 10 months old as the neck float was getting too tight for him and he was also getting too heavy to be supported at the neck. but we figured the home pool would still be useful for days when it is raining outside.

babe, the neck float comes in 2 sizes. the one i bought is the big one. cos ash got fat neck.. haha! :tlaugh:

anyway, even $30 is a crazy mark-up. we went there before to ask about prices for their playmats (like LG and Parklon playmats but cheaper quality and cheaper price). the attitude was also very standoffish - like can't be bothered to entertain our queries. of cos we didn't buy anything!

I saw their ads here too! hope they see this thread. :bsad:

off topic.. hehe
I bought a sit-in float, but too early to use and it's still unsafe and uncomfortable. also, the float is bigger than our little bathtub! I should've check the circumference of the float when I bought it.... :001_07:

allycat

babe, the neck float comes in 2 sizes. the one i bought is the big one. cos ash got fat neck.. haha! :tlaugh:
any idea the neck float is good till what age (or month)? so need to take measurement of the baby's neck first before buying?

lol! fat neck?! do u always "attack" = muack muack muack his neck then?? :001_302:

babe, ash is still using the neck float haha! cos we let him swim in the 'pool' we bought. actually i feel that by using the neck float, the whole body is inside the water then they can actually 'exercise' by kicking. he loves to swim. haha.. and somemore we dont intend to bring him to public pool until he is one. hehe.. but it has been a long long time since he last swim liaoooo :tlaugh:
Ya lor whole body inside more exciting and can kick more right?? :tlaugh:
I was too anxious lle. bought the sit-in float... some more too big. *kuku*
he not only love to drink water but also love to swim swim too ya!
how long can he "swim" inside ahh? or how long you all allow him to swim?? lol!

apollo

any idea the neck float is good till what age (or month)? so need to take measurement of the baby's neck first before buying?
the person told me the big one can use up to 3yo and small de up to 2yo iirc. but depends on ur baby's size. he said ds's size, the big one he can use up to 2yo.. actu my nephew who is 2yo, still using neck float. haha.. and i believe as they grow older, their weight gain will slow down and thier neck will become 'slimmer' too =)

lol! fat neck?! do you always "attack" = muack muack muack his neck then?? :001_302:

Ya whole body inside more exciting and can kick more right?? :tlaugh:
I was too anxious lle. bought the sit-in float... some more too big. *kuku*
he not only love to drink water but also love to swim swim too ya!
how long can he "swim" inside ahh? or how long you all allow him to swim?? lol!
nono i dun attack his neck, cos he got 'no neck' haha! i attack his whole body other than neck! LOL!

i also bought a sit-in float for him too! but haven even take out and see...

usually he can stay inside quite long but my mum insist me to carry him out aft 15min. she said dun play too long. but everytime i carry him out he will cry. even when bathing also, carry him out the bathtub he will cry v badly. haha!