Rashes after delivery...PUPP??

firandshal

Hi all, just wondering if any of you experienced this before?? Currently still in confinement... I developed rashes all over my body after delivery... First it was not too bad during my stay in hospital.. So i thought it was just heat rash or something... Then a few days after i was discharged the rashes spread all over my body feet hands stomach up to neck but not my face... My gynae told me to see gp who said it could be allergic reaction to something... But not drug allergy n he said it is not viral infection n not contagious... Then went to see my gynae who said he has no idea at all what's the cause but told me to stop eating all hospital med...now rashes better thanbefore but i have a lot of scars and feel horrible... Feel terrible for hubby whohas to see me looking like this... Anyway i still dont know what is the cause... Anyone had rashes after delivery too??? I searched online n it looked like PUPP...any similar experiences anyone??

apollo

i had rashes aft delivery too!!! my gynae gave me some lotion to apply. and i also went to see gp cos it got worsened aft i discharged. GP said is due to hormonse changes or sth. =)

foreveris

me too.. had bad rashes during confinement too.. it looked like some brown big patches all over my legs and were very very itchy..
national skin centre diagnosed it as PUPP and recommended antibiotics.. but in the end, I did not take it as I did not want to stop breastfeeding..
I took TCM and it cleared after 2 weeks..

I developed rashes all over my limbs after delivery too! I read that if the rash is between ur stretchmarks n itch alot its PUPP. for me, it was more like hormone inbalance like Apollo mentioned! No medication or cream could ease my terrible itch !Surprisingly 'Mopiko' worked best for me hahaa:red:Sinseh said its 'feng mo' it only healed 3 weeks later:001_302:

Cheyenne

Me got rahses after I finished my Jamu Massage (2nd to 3rd week of delivery), on my tummy area first then spread to leg and up to chest. I called back my massgae lady, she said it was the 'tonix' forcing out from my body, just put some powder or lotion over it 'to cool it'.

The rahes did not go away for a week until I can't tahan and go see a dematology. He said it was eczema and gave me medicine and some mild soap to bath - those medication caused me close to $300. So hard pain and suffering.

valenjo82

me too.. had bad rashes during confinement too.. it looked like some brown big patches all over my legs and were very very itchy..
national skin centre diagnosed it as PUPP and recommended antibiotics.. but in the end, I did not take it as I did not want to stop breastfeeding..
I took traditional chinese medicine and
it cleared after 2 weeks..
Hi,

Can I know which tcm doc you go to? Can pm me pls thanks

Ekari

It is actually quite common due to hormone imbalance i think. Would like to know about the chinese medicine too.