Rashes on baby's face

mummypooh

Hi mummies,

I noticed after 3 day of full breastfeeding my son, his face started to develop rashes, like those small spots below his eye area. The doc commented tat tis is due to my female hormones present in d breast-milk.

Is that true? Is there any creams or ways to reduce d rashes on his face? :err:

Cheers
Mummypooh

Mummy to Baby V

A little bit of rash on newborn's face is common. Breastfeeding is fantastic, keep it up! Newborn baby's skin is very sensitive, best not to apply anything, unless prescribed by pediatrician. Just clean with cooled boiled water using clean cotton wool daily. Bathe baby using plain water for up to about six weeks as their skin has a natural protective layer.

Cheers,
Mummy to Baby V
Mummy's Reviews

diymummy

My baby had rashes on his face too when I breastfed him fully. Then I found out that he was allergic to some of the foods that I've been taking like peanuts and milk.

You might want to keep a food diary to eliminate the causes of rashes.

If the rashes don't subside, you might want to bring your baby to a doctor. My baby had to see a doctor and he prescribed steriod creams for him.

I thot it's normal since babies will have milk rash or baby pimples? Unless it's very bad case of rash den need to see paed. Just my opinion.

fioncess

when im latchin my baby on fully she also have got alot of rashes.. my mum told mi is milk rash... i always use clean wet cloth tp wipe it doesnt help.. so i used the nipple cream.. and it helps!!! cos i dun dare to use rash cream as its near the mouth area... nipple cream is "ediable" till now im still using the nipple cream on the face... u might wan to try.. im using medela... but its quite sticky though..

summerp

My baby had bad rashes (milk rashes)on his face. My grandma teach me to apply the tapipca starch powder on his face. But he always brush it off with mitten so we apply with abit of water to make it stick. It is amazing, his face gets better and recover within a week. Of cos, you have to ensure that you wipe his mouth after every feed and the mittens are clean.

Hope it helps.. :)

Hi mummies,

I noticed after 3 day of full breastfeeding my son, his face started to develop rashes, like those small spots below his eye area. The doc commented that tis is due to my female hormones present in d breast-milk.

Is that true? Is there any creams or ways to reduce d rashes on his face? :err:

Cheers
Mummypooh
dear mummy,
yes thts true. but no worries! my son had this problem too. now i stopped bf as i m working now and no time to latch. or he dnt latch on my milk. and the spot actually increased alot. its kind of reddish like ringworm right? yeah so i saw this dr foo in ooi baby and child clinic in yishun. she gave me a med to apply and amazingly the spot is gone. thank god for tht. and i will advice you to clean ur babys face after everytime you bf him. keep it clean from the milk is the best way.

all the best.

mummypooh

Hi Mummies,

Thanks for your valuable replies. My gynea recommend to use Mustela baby face cream... but there r many different types juz for d face. So maybe i will try apply d cream n c hw it goes..

Btw will tis milk rashes disappear after a while or it will stay as long as i continue to breastfeed him?

Cheers
Mummypooh

diymummy

If it is a milk rash and not an allergic rash (eczema), it should disappear in a few days. As long as you clean his mouth properly after each feed, the rash shouldn't resurface.

Sebamed baby lotion is also pretty good if you're considering another cream.

Porukadotzu

hi dear,

my 1st daughter have very bad rashes, i went to pd and he gave face cream for rashes but tat one for adult so can not use more than 3 days..so i use only 2 days but the rash still there...then i bought seba med facial cream on her and it works quite well and its safe for baby skin too can apply everyday to prevent. i bought at kiddiy's place.

my 2nd daughter have better skin, but now starting to grow small2 little bumps like skin allergic..i suspect its dust mites from the pillow, i hv applied seba med since 2 days ago and today seems better a bit, i'll keep applying thou..

ocee

m using Physiogel from Guardian as recommended by a friend to me. i apply it to baby post bath. it helps a lot. cleared up a lot of the rashes. my pedia agreed with it after i told her i self medicated. it (rashes) doesnt look very bad to me so i had the confidence to try it the cream on.

izanyzam

Hi mummies...My 1 mth old baby recently developed this very bad rash on his face..Looks like he had a bad case of acne..I did googled it and they said its Baby's Acne..Its caused by our maternal hormone while the baby was still in the womb..It said no treatment needed though as it will clear up on its own..I dont think its milk rash..Really look like acne..It only appears on his face but none at all on his body or arms and legs..My heart aches just looking at his poor cute face riddled with all the rashes..!!! :bsad:

hueychye79

Hi mummies...My 1 month old baby recently developed this very bad rash on his face..Looks like he had a bad case of acne..I did googled it and they said its Baby's Acne..Its caused by our maternal hormone while the baby was still in the womb..It said no treatment needed though as it will clear up on its own..I dont think its milk rash..Really look like acne..It only appears on his face but none at all on his body or arms and legs..My heart aches just looking at his poor cute face riddled with all the rashes..!!! :bsad:
Izanyzam mummies, I can totally understand your feeling because I encounter the same situation with you.

:embarrassed:

chelle

My boy is teething so he is drooling excessively, though we wipe away the drool, rashes have developed around his mouth area!
What cream shld i apply or just leave it alone?

llcyahoo

HI, my gal coming to 4wks old hv v v v bad baby acne on her face.
I am v sad to see those yellow tiny head all over her face. see doc 2wks ago when not so serious, Doc gave cream but said might nt go away,
and YES aft applied 2 times b'come MORE!!!
i tried to apply breastmilk yesterday (adv fr web) but still the same.
Help pls.

diymummy

My boy is teething so he is drooling excessively, though we wipe away the drool, rashes have developed around his mouth area!
What cream shld i apply or just leave it alone?
The rashes that appear could be from the frequent wiping around the mouth area that has dried up the skin.

Is the rash bumpy? Or is the rash like a flat rough patch? If it is a flat rough red patch, means that your baby's skin is dry. Try to moisturise it. Please use perfume-free moisturizer, ie, not J&J lotion. You can try QV, Sebamed or Physiogel.

HI, my gal coming to 4wks old have very very very bad baby acne on her face.
I am very sad to see those yellow tiny head all over her face. see doc 2wks ago when not so serious, Doc gave cream but said might not go away,
and YES after applied 2 times b'come MORE!!!
i tried to apply breastmilk yesterday (adv fr web) but still the same.
Help pls.
Which doc did you bring your daughter to see? Is it a GP or PD? What cream did the doc give? Is it a steroid cream?

Steroid creams should be used together with a moisturizer because steroid creams are harsh and drying in nature.

You can try moistuirzing brands as I listed above.

chelle

The rashes that appear could be from the frequent wiping around the mouth area that has dried up the skin.

Is the rash bumpy? Or is the rash like a flat rough patch? If it is a flat rough red patch, means that your baby's skin is dry. Try to moisturise it. Please use perfume-free moisturizer, ie, not J&J lotion. You can try QV, Sebamed or Physiogel.

Which doc did you bring your daughter to see? Is it a GP or pediatrician? What cream did the doc give? Is it a steroid cream?

Steroid creams should be used together with a moisturizer because steroid creams are harsh and drying in nature.

You can try moistuirzing brands as I listed above.

Thanks for the advise! i went to buy the Sebamed facial cream, hope it will work!

vel

My son is getting baby rashes and even at his eye lib . Heart ache cause scare it hurt or itcy , how long it takes to clear?

prityfly

Use breast milk and pat it on the spots. My baby is same last time. It will go away. I breast feed one month. It stopped. Its back again. Its just normal for babies

creeni

I am full breastfeeding my son for 3 years. He always has rashes in his neck & face. I use Hazeline snow cream, just buy normal one. No need to buy whitening one. U just apply on the rashes area after bath. About 4 hours later all the rashes gone.
Baby got rashes is because we never wipe baby's face with wet tissue after feeding