Real fussy child!! Help!

Ivy Miao

Mummies,

I'm so lost in what to feed for my 17mths old son!! He is sooooo fussy, soooo choosy and soooo hard to open his mouth and eat! I tried all sorts of ways to cook and make him open his mouth, but his appetite just isn't good. At 17mth, he weights only 9.8kg. He's tall and looks boney...

Any mummy knows any food to boost his appetite? He love outside food. At times, I have no choice but to get him his fav chicken rice or wanton mee..

Most of his food I don't put any salt or MSG. Slight bit of light sauce and the rest are the home cook stocks cook for him. He prefer porridge to rice. What shld I do?

Feliz

Hi Ivy, my 19month old girl also same.. worst is she don even take outside food.. Oonly porridge and porridge.. sometime good mood den she will take mee sua.. or soup.. Headache man.. sometime thought wan to rest don cook, but so troublesome hav to find porridge for her when out..

Now she is also weighing 9.8kg. super mini size.. Haiz..

Ivy Miao

Hi Ivy, my 19month old girl also same.. worst is she don even take outside food.. Oonly porridge and porridge.. sometime good mood den she will take mee sua.. or soup.. Headache man.. sometime thought wan to rest don cook, but so troublesome hav to find porridge for her when out..

Now she is also weighing 9.8kg. super mini size.. Haiz..
Preciesly! Makes me so worried and angry at the same time.... If she don't eat her lunch or dinner, why u do??

ast0212

Argh it is frustrating isn't it??

My 14 month old is still going through this since 12 months. He used to be so easy, just porridge with spinach or other veggies and he's content. Then after his 1st birthday he decided he wanted to feed himself. Nowadays I just try to give him food throughout the day. He recently discovered how to use a fork so I've been giving him food he can stab and bring to his mouth like gnocchi or bread. I gave him some homemade pasta yesterday and he loved it. Then he has soup and rice on some days as a 'filler'. He loves to eat what we're eating so I give him whatever I'm cooking before I put in salt.

It is stressful when they don't want to eat. There's days he will eat very little but I keep trying with different foods. I think I'll make him some veggie pancakes today and cross my fingers he will eat it instead of throwing it onto the floor.

I'm hoping this will pass...soon.

Ivy Miao

I heard feeding bread is even worst. Causing the bread to puff up inside he their stomach. Making em even fuller.

Worthy lady: looks like ur son has got the same attitude with my son. He wants, he eat. He dun like to eat, he threw it on the floor... I'm trying different ways and method to feed him and maiing him FAT! Or ranter, gain some weights.. :)

ast0212

I guess it depends what kind of bread. Wholemeal has lots of fibre. Good for pooing :001_302:

Made sweet potato and brussel sprout pancakes yesterday. DS loved it at first, had like two before he got tired of them and started chucking them on the floor.

Last week I chopped up brussel sprouts, panfried them and mixed it with plain yoghurt them spread it onto bread and DS gobbled it up. Wish he would eat like that with everything! Homemade meatballs, veggie patties, custard have all ended up on the floor :(

Also trying to get him to put on weight :(

Ivy Miao

I guess it depends what kind of bread. Wholemeal has lots of fibre. Good for pooing :001_302:

Made sweet potato and brussel sprout pancakes yesterday. DS loved it at first, had like two before he got tired of them and started chucking them on the floor.

Last week I chopped up brussel sprouts, panfried them and mixed it with plain yoghurt them spread it onto bread and DS gobbled it up. Wish hewould eat like that with everything! Homemade meatballs, veggie patties, custard have all ended up on the floor :(

Also trying to get him to put on weight :(
How is pan cake done? I dunno how to do it.. :p

ast0212

How is pan cake done? I dont know how to do it.. :p
It's pretty easy, 1 cup of self raising flour, 1 egg, 200ml of milk beaten up. You can add anything you want your baby to eat. I've done mashed pumpkin and spinach, sweet potato and brussel sprout, and plain. You can also add some herbs or spices for flavour, like a bit of mild curry powder. Mix this up and heat a bit of oil or butter on the pan on med-low heat then pour a bit of batter onto it. Flip when bubbles start forming on the top.

Enjoy!

Ivy Miao

It's pretty easy, 1 cup of self raising flour, 1 egg, 200ml of milk beaten up. You can add anything you want your baby to eat. I've done mashed pumpkin and spinach, sweet potato and brussel sprout, and plain. You can also add some herbs or spices for flavour, like a bit of mild curry powder. Mix this up and heat a bit of oil or butter on the pan on med-low heat then pour a bit of batter onto it. Flip when bubbles start forming on the top.

Enjoy!
Thank u! I will try.... :)

winder

sigh i have a fussy child too. reaching 24mths and only wt 10kg lo!
mush smaller then his peers.
But Dr says I'm small size, so he'll follow my genes too....
fussy child so difficult to feed. sad that he's so small size.