Recommend a gynae please

silsangria

Hi,

I'd like some recommendations on a good gynae to do a prenatal tests/checkup, preferably private.

A friend went to KKH, which got her nowhere even after 6mths (keep asking her to come back for more checkups and can't really tell her anything..just want more $$$ from you right? :bmad:)

So do share on your experience and especially if any good recommendations on good, proactive gynaes who have succesfully helped you to conceive :tsmile:

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'd like some recommendations on a good gynae to do a prenatal tests/checkup, preferably private.

A friend went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital, which got her nowhere even after 6mths (keep asking her to come back for more checkups and can't really tell her anything..just want more $$$ from you right? :bmad:)

So do share on your experience and especially if any good recommendations on good, proactive gynaes who have succesfully helped you to conceive :tsmile:

Thanks in advance!

I was at KKH for my first. Now having my second and still with KKH. Mine's Jasmine Mohd. Very warm smile and answers questions patiently. Was there for my delivery too and thought her presence was very assuring for me.

Not sure what you mean by asking your friend to come back for check-ups. It's routine to have check-ups when you are preggie...??

Or do you mean a gynae for ART since you mentioned to help conceive? If it's for ART, it'll also take some time to properly diagnose where the problem lies and recommend a suitable course of action. My colleague was with SGH and it took a while too.

diymummy

I saw Dr Peter Chew at Gleneagles.

I tried for baby for 6 mths so went to see him. He found cyst and performed op on me to remove. He also said I had condition called endometriosis. He recommended for 4 jabs to stop menses for endometriosis clots to clear. Hubby and I refused and told Dr Chew that we wanna try another 6 mths. So Dr Chew put me on ovulating medicine to make sure I ovulate. After 3 mths, still not pregnant then Dr Chew changed medicine. And after another 3 mths, I conceived.

He's quite expensive and waiting to see him at his clinic sometimes takes a long time (eg, appt at 10.30am, only see him at 12.30pm). His website is here: Home

He's very busy so sometimes he seems to be rushing through the consultation but he's very informative and he's strict too. Coz if he asks you to do something, like track your basal temperature and you never do, he will scold you... But he scold you is coz he feel that if you see him and dont't follow instructions, it's like wasting your money.

Over that whole period I was trying to conceive, I saw him a lot of times... One month at least once. Not sure if you would consider that pro-active.

I saw Dr Peter Chew at Gleneagles.

I tried for baby for 6 mths so went to see him. He found cyst and performed op on me to remove. He also said I had condition called endometriosis. He recommended for 4 jabs to stop menses for endometriosis clots to clear. Hubby and I refused and told Dr Chew that we wanna try another 6 mths. So Dr Chew put me on ovulating medicine to make sure I ovulate. After 3 mths, still not pregnant then Dr Chew changed medicine. And after another 3 mths, I conceived.

He's quite expensive and waiting to see him at his clinic sometimes takes a long time (eg, appt at 10.30am, only see him at 12.30pm). His website is here: Home

He's very busy so sometimes he seems to be rushing through the consultation but he's very informative and he's strict too. Coz if he asks you to do something, like track your basal temperature and you never do, he will scold you... But he scold you is coz he feel that if you see him and dont't follow instructions, it's like wasting your money.
I saw Peter Chew for the first one for a while - but the waiting times were so long I gave up! And ya, he hops from one consultation room to another so I wasn't very comfortable. Haha! Must salute you for your patience! :)

sharonyi66

I'm a (2 times) KKH patient but I'm consider private patient as I see my gynae at the Private Suite. Personally feel that KKH service is good, maybe becoz i'm patient of Doc KT Tan (Senior consultant and Dept Head of Gynae)? Coz heard lots of feedback that nurses treated her patients with respects and priorty.

She's a gynae with not many words and her consultation is fast if your pregnancy is problem-free. But if you have any concerns, she will give you the best of her knowledge. Her delivery is fast and her stitching is good, i healed in abt 1 week in both of my delivery.

That's my own point of view. :)

jxmummy

I saw Peter Chew for the first one for a while - but the waiting times were so long I gave up! And ya, he hops from one consultation room to another so I wasn't very comfortable. Haha! Must salute you for your patience! :)
I saw Dr Umesh Doshi at Haig Rd (private clinic), quite expensive, but i think he's good...

diymummy

Haha.. Sometimes I also wait until I puke blood. I so fed up that I either take the earliest time or the latest time.

jxmummy

I had my small opt with dox umesh.. he's really good and patience, like a daddy to me.. :001_302: but ya its quite X thou..
yup, fatherly doctor. that time after my delivery, i went into depression, i called the clinic and they asked me down for a talk with dr doshi. he's really patient and nice, felt so much better after a talk with him =)

apollo

my gynae was Dr LN Sim. i feel that she is very good. wont reco those unnecessary tests... she often ask me if i still have enough folic acid at hm, if have then dont have to get from her...

silsangria

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Its highly probable that its taking a while due to our age (both of us are 30).

Were any of you at this age or abv when you were TTC?

silsangria

Not sure what you mean by asking your friend to come back for check-ups. It's routine to have check-ups when you are preggie...??
Hi dujuanrosa,

To answer your query, my friend have been married for 2yrs and still TTC; she decided to go for prenatal checkup to see if there's anything wrong etc. But the doc/s at KKH were not able to tell her anything at all (as I said abv).

I recommended a traditional masseuse to her and she was able to tell my friend that she has inflammed veins in her abdomen (thats why her bloated tummy) but she can't be 100% sure if this is causing the delay in conceiving. So my friend is now going to a private gynae for further checks.

sufeit0115

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Its highly probable that its taking a while due to our age (both of us are 30).

Were any of you at this age or abv when you were trying to concieve?
Do u mind to share how long have you been trying to conceive? It is normal for couples to take up to a year to conceive as the "striking rate" for each cycle is less than 25%.

I'm 30 and hubby is 32 when we were trying to conceive at beginning of the year. As i have irregular menses, it took us 3 months (2 menses cycles) to conceive. It is a surprise for us as we never thought god is so kind to us!!

I hope your baby making mission will be fulfilled as soon as possible. But don't be too stress about it. All the best to you!:001_302:

silsangria

Hi sufeit,
we're similar age then, I'm 31 and hubby 33. Been trying for past 4months or so (got married early 09 but did not start trying straight away..)
Thanks for your wishes :))

sufeit0115

Hi sufeit,
we're similar age then, I'm 31 and hubby 33. Been trying for past 4months or so (got married early 09 but did not start trying straight away..)
Maybe you could try for another few months first before you turn to gynae....:001_302: all the best!

Hi sufeit,
the books always recommend that you try for a year... of course it's a lot of question mark-ing as to whether it's a matter of timing or some assistance is required. but 31 and 33 - not that old. my hubby was 34 when we conceived my no 1. we were leaving in different countries so not a good gauge how long it actually took us. baby no 2 took maybe about 5 months? observe your cycles and check for the signs of ovulation. it is often all in getting timing right :)