Recommendation for baby cereal/food brands?

ah.bee

Hi all, I am currently feeding my 5mo nestle brown rice, bit it doesn't seem to dissolve very well and still lumpy no matter how long I stir! Any recommendations for rice and brown rice cereal brands?

Also I would like to try out fruit jars, juices and biscuits, any recommendations as well? Thanks!

apollo

u can try happybellies. it is an organic brand, i used to get it from Supernature (dont know if they still carry this brand), Vitakids & an organic shop at Harbourfront. and saw it at NEX Ntuc Xtra. =)

megtan

Have also tried Happy Bellies, not bad. Other brands tried are Earth's Best, Organix and Healthy Times. Healthy Times most frequently coz more convenient to buy, sold at NTUC Xtra. These are all organic and no sugar added.

I don't give dear son fruit bars or juices. Prefer to give fruit. Hardly give juices, if gve, it's homemade e.g. after steaming apples, there'll be some juice (very sweet, I'll dilute before giving).

As for biscuits, I give HappyBaby Puffs and recently Ella's Stacks of Sticks. A sweet treat which I let him indulge is HappyBabt Yogurt Melts which he loves.

ah.bee

Thank u apollo and megtan! Will try ur recommendations :)

Megtan, u mean u give ur son fresh fruits? How do u prepare, and what fruits are suitable?

megtan

Beginning stage, I gave in purée form. Fruits like apple & pear I'll steam for 10 mins till soft, then blend. Fruits like papaya & banana, I'll mash them till purée.
For avocado, I'll mash & add to his cereal.

Since you are just starting, remember to apply the 4 day rule in case of any allergies.

tanfamily

hi, just want to share, mum and i start my girl on sprout organic baby food with variety of flavours, my daughter love it a lot..not available in the supermarket so we did bulk order with other mums and dads.. my girl klara hated heinz or gerber food jars

jasmineseow

hi fellow mommie here, baby food is important.. but so are fruits which baby need for nutrients and vitamins... but becus fruits are more difficult to swallow, i give my 1 year old baby dried fruits, and they rly love it and eat them everyday. if ur baby is too young to swallow and chew food properly, u can put them into milk to make them softer and easier to swallow.. i get mine from fruitspree.com cos it is cheap and they help to deliver to my house for free if i order $10 and above. hope this helps! :)