Recommendation on baby doctor at Mount Alvernia

AngieTan

Hi all,

I recently found out that I need to select a doctor for my baby during my stay in Mount Alvernia so I am wondering whether anyone can recommend to me any good baby doctors whom you have had good experiences with?

Also, is it really necessary/advisable to find a baby doctor who has a clinic near the place you stay (as recommended by my gynae)?

Thanks in advance! :tlaugh:

apollo

Hi all,

I recently found out that I need to select a doctor for my baby during my stay in Mount Alvernia so I am wondering whether anyone can recommend to me any good baby doctors whom you have had good experiences with?

Also, is it really necessary/advisable to find a baby doctor who has a clinic near the place you stay (as recommended by my gynae)?

Thanks in advance! :tlaugh:
i personally feel that it is more impt to find a good pd rather than one near ur place. cos the 1st checkup for ur baby is very impt. u can always change to a pd whose clinic is near to ur place aft u feel that ur baby dont nd to go bk to hospital to the same pd.

ds's pd is Dr EK Ong. he was previously at TMC SBCC clinic. but now he has open a clinic with other PD at Mt A. We find him very good so we choose to stick to him even for ds's minor flu/cough and vaccinations.=)

AngieTan

i personally feel that it is more impt to find a good pediatrician rather than one near your place. cos the 1st checkup for your baby is very impt. you can always change to a pediatrician whose clinic is near to your place after you feel that your baby dont need to go back to hospital to the same pediatrician.

dear son's pediatrician is Dr EK Ong. he was previously at Thomson Medical Center SBCC clinic. but now he has open a clinic with other pediatrician at Mt A. We find him very good so we choose to stick to him even for dear son's minor flu/cough and vaccinations.=)
Ya you are right... I don't think many will go back to the same PD from the hospital for future visits right?

You mean Dr E K Ong is now a PD with Mount A and has a clinic situated there now?

AngieTan

Anyway, I have been recommended Dr Simon Ng by a friend but my gynae said that Dr Ng is "slow"... :err: I don't know what he meant by that and he did not elaborate much also when I probed was it because of Dr Ng's age, movements or something?

Anyone has encounters with this Dr Ng? Do let me know your feedback if you have... Thanks! :tlaugh:

apollo

Ya you are right... I dont't think many will go back to the same pediatrician from the hospital for future visits right?

You mean Dr E K Ong is now a pediatrician with Mount A and has a clinic situated there now?
ehhh for me, i actu brought ds to those pd outside when he was few weeks old but we seen 2, and wasnt very pleased with them, as in we feel tt they are not as experience as the one we seen. and also ds has reflux pro since v young so we brough him bk to his pd Dr Ong and from then, stick to him until now. so for vaccinations and illness, we will bring ds bk to his clinic.

yes his clinic is located at Mt A.

Anyway, I have been recommended Dr Simon Ng by a friend but my gynae said that Dr Ng is "slow"... :err: I dont't know what he meant by that and he did not elaborate much also when I probed was it because of Dr Ng's age, movements or something?

Anyone has encounters with this Dr Ng? Do let me know your feedback if you have... Thanks! :tlaugh:
ehhh if movement slow or tok v slow shd be okay, as long as he check on baby is very good and thorough. =)

AngieTan

ehhh for me, i actually brought dear son to those pediatrician outside when he was few weeks old but we seen 2, and wasnt very pleased with them, as in we feel that they are not as experience as the one we seen. and also dear son has reflux pro since very young so we brough him back to his pediatrician Dr Ong and from then, stick to him until now. so for vaccinations and illness, we will bring dear son back to his clinic.

yes his clinic is located at Mt A.

ehhh if movement slow or tok very slow should be okay, as long as he check on baby is very good and thorough. =)
How much do PDs charge per visit? I mean roughly? Are their charges like gynae's?

apollo

How much do PDs charge per visit? I mean roughly? Are their charges like gynae's?
my pd charges ard $80 for consultation for the 1st visit.. for sub consultation ard 50-60.. the total bills depends on whether ur baby nd any medication and what type of medication..

usually the very 1st visit to pd will be ur baby 1 week old. tt time we let ds did a blood test, it is optional. cost 100++.. plus another blood test for juandice, total bill 200++..

usually when he is ill, the total bill will be ard 70- 150, depends hw serious and what type of medi pd gives =)