Recommendations for Baby Carriers

mrsmorgan

I went to e baby slings n carriers store this aftnn n e lady recommended me e sleepy wrap.. I tried it on with my boy in it n it's really comfortable for both of us! He even fell asleep in it as i was asking e lady abt manduca.. Yes there's an infant insert but i also feel that it wont be that comfortable for my boy n price-wise, e sleepy wrap is way cheaper at only 79 compared to e manduca which is 249! E sleepy wrap can be used up to 18mths old.. So at least if my boy doesnt like to be in a carrier when he's older, i wont feel so heart pain cos it dint cost me much! :)

chrisgal

I went to e baby slings n carriers store this aftnn n e lady recommended me e sleepy wrap.. I tried it on with my boy in it n it's really comfortable for both of us! He even fell asleep in it as i was asking e lady about manduca.. Yes there's an infant insert but i also feel that it wont be that comfortable for my boy n price-wise, e sleepy wrap is way cheaper at only 79 compared to e manduca which is 249! E sleepy wrap can be used up to 18mths old.. So at least if my boy doesnt like to be in a carrier when he's older, i wont feel so heart pain cos it dint cost me much! :)
when u using the sleppy wrap, is the sleepy wrap put on one shouldeR? which mean all the bb weight will land on one shoulder, if that is so, when bb get older, u will find difficulty in carryinghim in that for long.
and still i find manduca is the better carrier , haha, but for now, u wun need the manduca yet, coz bb is still too small.. not reli suitable for ur bb. though its' 249, but to me, i think it's worth the price... haha... wait till ur bb get older and more heavier... go try it, u will noe wat i mean.... great helper in a way!:Dancing_tongue:

mrsmorgan

Nope, e weight is evenly distributed on 2 shoulders.. I dont like e slings n pouches cos of e 1 shoulder thingy too.. U can take a look at e sleepy wrap on their website.

skyunicorn

you are sooo lucky that your baby likes the sleepy wrap ! i bought it without trying it with my baby and I loved how it felt to have baby so close to your heart, but my baby don't like it. I think he generally does not like to have his legs being separated yet, he is 3 mths old. so far the only carrier that worked is the sling, he likes the kangaroo position as he can see the surrounding.
hopefully one day he will like my sleepy wrap, i still keep trying it now and then. only thing is quite mafan to tie tie and mafan to untie. you are supposed to keep it on, but i feel hot.

mrsmorgan

you are sooo lucky that your baby likes the sleepy wrap ! i bought it without trying it with my baby and I loved how it felt to have baby so close to your heart, but my baby dont't like it. I think he generally does not like to have his legs being separated yet, he is 3 mths old. so far the only carrier that worked is the sling, he likes the kangaroo position as he can see the surrounding.
hopefully one day he will like my sleepy wrap, i still keep trying it now and then. only thing is quite mafan to tie tie and mafan to untie. you are supposed to keep it on, but i feel hot.
ive yet to bring him out in it for long periods though, so cant really comment if it feels hot or if bb feels uncomfortable after a while.. really hope to bring him out in it soon! :Dancing_wub:

trinitiz

Got the sleepwrap for my ds. Both of us didn't quite enjoy it when i tried when he was a month old. Possibly cos i chose the wrong month. It was Feb this year, and hottest month in singapore in years!

Retired it, and just took out of the storeroom to try again. I was a bit ambitious in bringing him to the pc show in suntec for the first official trial run. Surprisingly, he took to it like a duck to water. Was contented to be carried in it, and i think he really like being held close to my body and bouncing with my every step. No problem for me or strain for me carrying him for 4 hours, and love the stretchiness of the fabric. I can literally pull the wrap over his head to block out the bright lights when he feel sleepy, or pull down to cover his legs when cold, when he's still in the wrap. Even had a father commenting what an ingenious idea to use a t-shirt to carry him. However, have to correct him that it was a real baby carrier. Haha!

Very easy to tie, and a freshie to baby carriers like me only takes 5 mins to figure out. Putting my ds in and out is an absolute breeze too. Just pull the fabric and out goes the baby. The only grouse i have is it's not suitable for long outdoors wear (wo aircon), as the fabric wraps around your body and it can be really hot. The wrap is also a bit too long, and i need to ensure i tie the wrap around my body first before leaving the house. Otherwise, if i were to tie the wrap in public, the bottom of the wrap will be wiping the floors. However, on the pro side, the length ensures i can tie it a couple of times around my waist for extra security. Absolutely loving my sleepwrap now.

However, will still be looking into getting either a patapum or manduca carrier so that i can bring my ds out on non-air con places.

Luckymummy

My friend has bought a few sets of ERGO from US. I got a gift from her and it's really THE BEST GIFT i ever had !! SUper comfortable and retail price selling quite exp..around $200.

I think she's selling less than 150 wor. let me know if you are interested and i can ask for u ;)

Jonevieve

Hi all,

I have a BNIB Baby Bjorn Synergy Baby Carrier for sale. Is in black cooling material and with back support. The best choice among all other Baby Bjorn range. PM me if any of you is interested.

sg81hani

Hi all, can u recommend me which shop to go to where I can try the carriers on my baby? Do they have the mentioned bjorn, ergo and manduca all at one place? My girl is 3 mths soon, weighing about 4.5kg. I;ve tried the sling on her many times but she doesn't like it at all.

DodoTan

anyone else using the sleepy wrap? Can you really comfortably and discreetly bf while on the go? Please share your experiences. I'm very tempted to get it...

babytiger

i was thinking of getting myself a manduca baby carrier,but it really ex and scare my baby dun like to use.does anyone of u buy but end up didnt use?? i still tinking shld buy or not buy... haiz really scare waste money,scare end up my boy boy dun like!!!

apollo

i was thinking of getting myself a manduca baby carrier,but it really ex and scare my baby dont like to use.does anyone of you buy but end up didnt use?? i still thinking shld buy or not buy... sigh really scare waste money,scare end up my boy boy dont like!!!
mine is manduca. i suggest u to get one good carrier when ur bb is young, so u can use it for a longer time. we bought the carrier when ds was 9mth old and becos his size is too big, we stop using aft he turned 1. but i nv regret buying, cos he is comfy inside and our shoulder dun feel much pain. and we can leave the carrier for #2 in future too.

invest on 1st kid cos u can always pass down the items to ur #2 or even #3!! =)

babytiger

wat is the ideal month to start using?? mine is only 3mths old .. shld i wait for him to get bigger abit then use?? i heard that manduca can use for infant till 5-6 yrs old,but read from the forum most mums say it not gd to use a baby carrier when ur baby is still few months old only.what u suggest apollo??

apollo

what is the ideal month to start using?? mine is only 3mths old .. shld i wait for him to get bigger abit then use?? i heard that manduca can use for infant till 5-6 yrs old,but read from the forum most mums say it not good to use a baby carrier when your baby is still few months old only.what you suggest apollo??
depends on which type. iirc, manduca is for 3mth above. but also have to depend on ur bb, whether his neck is strong enough. i feel tt every bb is diffe, i even see some parents placing their 2 mth old at babybjorn. as long as ur bb can hold his neck well, 3-4 mths is old enough to be in a carrier. and also, i dun carry ds in carrier for long hrs, max 2 hrs. we use it for short trips.

u can always go down to the carrier shop and try. at square2 1st floor. Baby Slings & Carriers - Contact Us the staffs are v helpful, u can try out diffe types of carriers b4 buying and they will reco u carrier judging by ur bb's size and aft u try it on. initially i wanna get Beco cos it looks nicer and more 'modern' but aft trying, the staff reco me to get Manduca instead as ds was very big, manduca will be more comfortable for him =)

babytiger

manduca baby carrier really not bad..today go down the shop and buy the carrier..use it immediately and when on board the crowded train today,i stand at ease..baby slept very soundly in the carrier.. love it!!!:tlaugh:

megtan

I love my Manduca carrier! Can't survive without it! Bought a ring sling when son was 1 month, used only a few times and didn't like it. Upon reaching 3 months and his neck was steady, I went to Baby Slings and Carrier to try out the carriers. Had intended to get Beco but Manduca is easier to use (less buckles) and comfortable. In fact, he fell asleep when I was testing it.

Have been using the carrier daily. He's now 8.5 months. I carry him to supermarket everyday and take bus to shopping, no problem at all. He's happy to be in the carrier unlike stroller, always attempt to climb out. Though pricey, I feel worth the money!