Recommended Gynae at NUH

Probably I was being very brief in my previous post.

I am currently in my 26 weeks. I've been seeing private gynae which cost me a BOMB on my every visit (yes, BOMB! Every visit cost me $300!!!)

My husband is a service servant. And I happen to know that service servant can get subsidiary rate in public hospital.

I know it's kinda late to change but I think it's better then never. I wouldn't want to pay thousands over dollar on delivering at Mount E.

So I appreciate if any kind souls out there can advise me. Can I take Grade A bedding and fixed gynae at NUH yet use my husband's gov benefit or I have to take the normal ward and any gynae to get the privilege.

Help needed here!!!!!!

Batty

Hi
I hope im not too late in replying, I am seeing Prof Kuldip Singh at NUH. He is a senior consultant there, and vbery experienced and good. his per visit is abt $100 and we are charged under private coz if we go thru subnsidized one its a difference gynae each visit. My hubby is also govt servant so u can use the CSC card there.. and use the benefit from the card doesnt matter which grade u choose. From what i know there is a cap of the CSC card so once u reach the cap then u have to pay the additional :)

Hi
I hope im not too late in replying, I am seeing Prof Kuldip Singh at NUH. He is a senior consultant there, and vbery experienced and good. his per visit is abt $100 and we are charged under private coz if we go thru subnsidized one its a difference gynae each visit. My hubby is also govt servant so u can use the CSC card there.. and use the benefit from the card doesnt matter which grade u choose. From what i know there is a cap of the CSC card so once u reach the cap then u have to pay the additional :)
Hey thanks for replying!! :)

So if i were to use my CSC card there at NUH (for checkup), it will be under susidy rate which means i wont be able to have fixed gynae rite? But I can still opt for the bedding to 1 bedder right?

Heee... Sori so many questions. Just wanna get this clear coz my first check up with them (at NUH) is this friday.

Batty

sorry i think i didnt explain properly, you can use your CSC card for both subsidised rate and private rate. subsidised rate gynae will change every visit. private rate u have a fixed gynae thats the only difference. but u can use the CSC benefit for both. yes u can opt for 1 bedder no problem. when is ur EDD?

sorry i think i didnt explain properly, you can use your CSC card for both subsidised rate and private rate. subsidised rate gynae will change every visit. private rate u have a fixed gynae thats the only difference. but u can use the CSC benefit for both. yes u can opt for 1 bedder no problem. when is ur EDD?
My EDD is on the 10 Dec. Am Very Excited!!! I called the NUH women clinic and they are not helpful at all! Give me all the frustrations! And ignore most of my questions. Anyway, thanks for the explanation Batty! Will go for the checkup this Fri at the main building first before I opt for the private gynae at Lower Kent Ridge... :)

Batty

haha... yeah that the thing with the subsidized clinic... their admin sucks!! hahah thats y i opted for the lower kent ridge area a bit more posh as well... there the nurses a bit more helpful.. i also very blur when i went in first.. :) no worries.. wow 10 dec... time will past very fast mine is in Nov... cant confirm the date as mine are twins... so probably could be early i jus have to monitor when pain comes i go! hehe :) so exciting!

haha... yeah that the thing with the subsidized clinic... their admin sucks!! hahah thats y i opted for the lower kent ridge area a bit more posh as well... there the nurses a bit more helpful.. i also very blur when i went in first.. :) no worries.. wow 10 dec... time will past very fast mine is in Nov... cant confirm the date as mine are twins... so probably could be early i jus have to monitor when pain comes i go! hehe :) so exciting!
Twin?! CONGRATULATIONS!! :) You must be very excited. Wish ur babies and urself healty.. :)
Btw, how do u opted for the lower kent ridge clinic? Just mentioned to them that i wanna fixed gynae and will be paying using my csc card isist?

Batty

Thanks! vcery exciting journey indeed.. ohh i choose the gynae then say i want this gynae and want to go private.. then can already... i think on ur first visit u can try asking the counter staff how to go about.. :)

Thanks! vcery exciting journey indeed.. ohh i choose the gynae then say i want this gynae and want to go private.. then can already... i think on ur first visit u can try asking the counter staff how to go about.. :)
I this ur first pregnancy? If not, any difference from the first since u now having twins.. Can't imagine carrying baby in you, what more two babys! Gosh! I can feel ur excitment!!

Batty

My first! i think its very different haha... coz i am already very big now look like full term, everyone keep asking me when im poping! its gets heavier and heavier day by day i already put on 17kg! i nearly fainted and doc say i need to put on more if not babies will be underweight sigh... even my symptoms were very exaggerated was having MS for 4 months compared to my friends who have one baby their symptoms not so bad, and not to mention how tired i get! i sleep like 9-10 hours to be alert if not sure damn sleepy at work... is this ur first?

My first! i think its very different haha... coz i am already very big now look like full term, everyone keep asking me when im poping! its gets heavier and heavier day by day i already put on 17kg! i nearly fainted and doc say i need to put on more if not babies will be underweight sigh... even my symptoms were very exaggerated was having MS for 4 months compared to my friends who have one baby their symptoms not so bad, and not to mention how tired i get! i sleep like 9-10 hours to be alert if not sure damn sleepy at work... is this ur first?
Yes, my first too.. well wish u all the best! May u have a smooth delivery! heee!