Recommended urology doctor for azoospermia case

cat3rpie

Hi all,

My hubby was diagnosed azoospermia. Feel sad that he has to go for biopsy.
Does anyone here know doctor which specialize in biopsy testis? Ever heard about Prof. Peter HC Lim in Gleanegles hospital?

Kindly share, and any information will be valuable to us.

Thank you so much.

J

justforgags

Hi thr,

we r in the same boat, my dh too facing azoospermia n my dh had a gr8 emotional break dwn n i never gv up giving him the extra attention n emotional support n always always make him feel important cz when men got to know tt prob lies in them they'll tend to feel inferior n do stupid things.

We went for fertility test n my results came out to b alright n prob lies in my DH n he brokedown infront of my gynae n i held his hands tight n i assure him tt we'll work hard to find for solutions n follow our gynae advice. So the nx step was for him to come bck for the nx 3mths for another SA test n results turn out to b the same. Our gynae wants 2 dbl confirmation cz he explain to us tt the processed of the withdrawal of the sperm r controlled by our brains n mebbe wen SA was done brain send negative msg to the body. With the same results the nx step was to take a blood test to show whtr or nt tis got to do with genes related n hormones level was checked as well.. Thk god all those result turn out to b a good news, hormones level r good n its not genes related prob n did another SA again n no sperm was found in the semen='( so another final step was to do a biospy. I was allowed to b by my DH side wen the biopsy is done n the result came out the the very same day. Thk to the god almighty thr IS a sperm found but only on his right testicles but not on the left ones. So only his right testicles r workin but nt a healthy ones.

So wht we do now is tt we'll jz move on leading a normal healthy lifestyle n live happily w/o talking bout hving babies cz tt is wht my DH wants me to promise him for not talking about babies. But in the other hand almost ALL my close friends around me R PREGNANT now n all due somewhr in may, jun, jul n aug n sep n i cried to sleep all alone not wanting to pressurize my DH..

May the god almighty NVR leave us feeling lonely till we're aged n at least gv us just 1 to continue our DH generation..

J

justforgags

N some info to share tt thr is tis good urology recommended by a male alpha here n the urology is in TTSH but i've yet to find the right time to c tis prof. His a prof in TTSH specialize in men's prob.

cat3rpie

Hi justforgags,

I know how you feel.. coz I am feeling the same way as you… My hubby also have undergone biopsy 2 years ago, however we found no sperm. We are very down at that moment. Luckily we managed to get to pass through this and willing to try to have a second attempt on the biopsy. This is our last chance…. coz I felt very sad every time seeing hubby went through such operations…

Last time when you do the biopsy, may I know which doctor operates your hubby?? because we still need to find a second opinion about the necessity to go for biopsy. From your story, I do get an image that your doctor is one of the best doctor, since he/she gave you guys so many encouragement… :Dancing_wub:

TTSH only have one associate professor… Do you mean Prof. Chia Sing Joo?

J

justforgags

Hi justforgags,

I know how you feel.. coz I am feeling the same way as you… My hubby also have undergone biopsy 2 years ago, however we found no sperm. We are very down at that moment. Luckily we managed to get to pass through this and willing to try to have a second attempt on the biopsy. This is our last chance…. coz I felt very sad every time seeing hubby went through such operations…

Last time when you do the biopsy, may I know which doctor operates your hubby?? because we still need to find a second opinion about the necessity to go for biopsy. From your story, I do get an image that your doctor is one of the best doctor, since he/she gave you guys so many encouragement… :Dancing_wub:

TTSH only have one associate professor… Do you mean Prof. Chia Sing Joo?

We went to SGH, Dr Roland Chieng. He is a good gynae n let us see the sperm under the microscope personally but i've yet to find for second opinion. Still pending whtr to c Prof Chia in TTSH or Dr Christopher Chen..

cat3rpie

But as far as I know, Dr. Christopher Chen fee is very very expensive... and he likes to do surgery so much..... I am wondering if Dr. Peter Lim @ gleneagles hospital also have such attitude, which I hope he did not.... Any of friends here would like to share about Dr. Peter HC Lim (urology)?
Last time, we went to see him and he gave us very explanation however the think is that he needs my hubby to do the biopsy testis for the azoospermia case. That's why we need to find second opinion in this matter....

Is Dr. Roland do the biopsy himself? How long do your hubby recover from the biopsy? Can he take a walk on the next day after surgery??

Cheers,
Still confuse :err:

J

justforgags

But as far as I know, Dr. Christopher Chen fee is very very expensive... and he likes to do surgery so much..... I am wondering if Dr. Peter Lim @ gleneagles hospital also have such attitude, which I hope he did not.... Any of friends here would like to share about Dr. Peter HC Lim (urology)?
Last time, we went to see him and he gave us very explanation however the think is that he needs my hubby to do the biopsy testis for the azoospermia case. That's why we need to find second opinion in this matter....

Is Dr. Roland do the biopsy himself? How long do your hubby recover from the biopsy? Can he take a walk on the next day after surgery??

Cheers,
Still confuse :err:
Yup, Dr Roland Chieng did the biopsy himself n was given pain killer aft surgery n was adv by Dr Roland tt hubby cnt do strenous exercise for bout a week n he commented on my hubby tt he was brave to go thru the biospy cz nt all men wants to go thru tt n will change their mind nt wanting to go thru the biospy test at the very last minute. My hubby had fever aft the surgery mebbe due to shocked:err:. It takes a week for him to totally recover frm the pain.

Mopicung

N some info to share tt thr is tis good urology recommended by a male alpha here n the urology is in TTSH but i've yet to find the right time to c tis prof. His a prof in TTSH specialize in men's prob.
Hi, may i know the prof’s name and what is TTSH stands for? Thanks :)