Red bean soup?

esthergal

Hi all,

Need some advice here :)

Is it okay to drink red bean soup during the last few weeks of pregnancy? Will it be too heaty?

Thanks! :tlaugh:

yakii

Hi all,

Is it okay to drink red bean soup during the last few weeks of pregnancy? Will it be too heaty?

i did have 1-2 bowl once a while...think after u take drink lots of water for the next few days shouldn't have any problem

iwan2noe

Hi all,

Hi esthergal,

I think it is quite alright as long as it is not green bean soup instead, as greenbean soup is 'more cooling' than red bean soup..
But do also note the sugar intake. Dont take too sweet dessert,esp cold ones, like chendol, ice kachang, and canned fruits (as they were preserved and processed with lotsa sugar & other chemicals!)

Ok... some mummy experienced gestation diabetics during pregnancy and although temporary, must take care, coz the medicine to take to control gestation diabetics may cause side effect(s) for some mummies... and if not controlled, it may cause these mummies to have diabetics or pose higher chances of them have diabetic in future.

my 2cts worth of thought...

Take care and wishing your smooth pregnancy and delivery to see your little one:wong19:

Last edited:
our body takes things differently when we are preg. But really depends on ur body. I take red bean soup almost everyday.

esthergal

Thanks for all your replies dearies :)

iwan2noe, now that I'm in my 38 weeks already so i started to take green bean soup (in moderation), coz heard ppl said that easier to deliver if body not heaty, the rationale is similar to drinking young coconut juice... but of course, if early pregnancy better don't take too much cooling stuffs...