Red bottom

bbyoshi

My DS's bottom has become red .. with some red spots here and there.. i dun think its nappy rash but i dunno wat it is.

I used the nappy rash cream to apply on his bottom but like no improvement leh.. what could be the cause? Could it be coz he is sick recently and the medicine he took affect his pee and poo?

Pamper

could it be heat rash? n which brand of nappy rash u use? cos i ever tried 1 brand that doesn't work at all.. u using cloth diaper or disposables? mostly disposables have higher chances in getting heat/nappy rash..

bbyoshi

I'm using disposable diaper Pampers Comfort. I used to use Pureen nappy rash cream. Just switched to Himalayan Herbal's nappy rash cream..

I think maybe the himalayan herbal's nappy rash cream not suitable for him ba..

Pamper

i never tried himalayan before.. but pureen is the one that doesn't works for my girl.. u can try drapolene instead. cant rmber if this is the spelling.. but it's from GSK company de.. pink box with a real baby face.. ^^
mayb can try changing diapers too.. like my girl cant take petpet n huggies (red pkt)..

bbyoshi

Okie dokie. I have bought a tube of drapolene nappy rash cream to try on Remy. Remus is fine with himalayan herbal though. I still have quite a lot of Pampers comfort.. so i think need to finish then can change brand otherwise very wasted...

hopefully changing the nappy rash cream will do the trick.. ;)

Pamper

ya.. best is that the nappy rash solve the prob.. din realise u have a twin.. hehe.. sweet! ^^ anyway if u wanna change diapers (jus in case), u can always post in this forum for sale or exchange.. so u don really waste it.. ^^

oh ya.. actually it might jus be the weather prob.. cos wearing disposable is already very thick.. plus the weather, cant avoid a bit of redness here n there.. wat u can do is, every nappy change use water n cotton ball to clean.. during the day or if not using air-con can try letting them go without pants.. wearing jus diapers or if mus wear then wear shorts.. more cooling then not so easy get redness.. ^^

kams

I use Desitin($15) if got rash. If no rash, I'll use Drapolene($5) as everyday barrier cream.

LoVeS

due to the horrible weather it could be fungal~ U will need to apply fungal cream on those area~ Tats wat happened to my ger last time~ Nappy cream wont help when it is fungal so it better u go get fungal cream frm doc~ :tlaugh:

bbyoshi

okie. I went to the paediatrician today for their 5-in-1 jab. At the same time also showed doc Remy's bottoms.

doc say its infection. He say could be due to the pampers not suitable or the nappy cream not effective.

I am using Pampers comfort (day and nite). Was fine with it until this few days. So i dun think is the diapers..

They were sick last week. After completing their medicine then i notice those red spots.. could it be due to the medicine? hmmm...

Doc say drapolene not effective. He suggest to use either desitin or soft10. He say the diaper cream must have zinc oxide in it. He also gave a cream to apply on the affected area..

Pamper

okie. I went to the paediatrician today for their 5-in-1 jab. At the same time also showed doc Remy's bottoms.

doc say its infection. He say could be due to the pampers not suitable or the nappy cream not effective.

I am using Pampers comfort (day and nite). Was fine with it until this few days. So i dun think is the diapers..

They were sick last week. After completing their medicine then i notice those red spots.. could it be due to the medicine? hmmm...

Doc say drapolene not effective. He suggest to use either desitin or soft10. He say the diaper cream must have zinc oxide in it. He also gave a cream to apply on the affected area..
if that's wat the doc says then better heed his advice first. use desitin and if it's me i would get a small pack of diaper from another brand first. jus in case it might be coincidences that the red spots comes after them falling sick. nv be too sure when it comes to baby care. jus give it a try.. ^^

xicloudix

If fungal, the infection starts with small circular bubbles and grow in a circular patch. If so, really need anti-fungal cream.

My boy has very sensitive skin, and is on cloth diapers full-time. We also use cloth wipes and water to clean his bums. Http://www.mummysreviews.com/tag/cloth-wipes

Bepanthen diaper cream suits him well too. Bepanthen |

what other symptoms if its fungal infection? My boy has bubble like rashes at the 2 sides, under the testicles... have been applying nappy cream and clean it more often recently... it happens for abt 3 days already... but still red red, and the bubbles seems to be burst but still have the round round dots with some skin peeling type,,, is it fungal???

bbyoshi

what other symptoms if its fungal infection? My boy has bubble like rashes at the 2 sides, under the testicles... have been applying nappy cream and clean it more often recently... it happens for about 3 days already... but still red red, and the bubbles seems to be burst but still have the round round dots with some skin peeling type,,, is it fungal???
hehe.. my boy also like that.. doc say its infection.. i think shld be fungal infection he gave this cream to apply called neoderm. its an anti-fungal, anti-inflammation cream.

I am thinking of changing the brand of diapers.. I am currently using pampers comfort (tot pampers is a good brand so would not contribute to nappy rash and stuff?) hmmm... still wondering wat brand to buy. i need something that can be used both in the day and throughout the nite. Any recommendations?

He recommended desitin or soft10. His clinic sells soft10 nappy rash creamy. So i bought 1 to try.

Pamper

if u have no money issue then mamypoko, fitti premium, huggies ultra lo.. actually wat i think is that there's no diapers that confirm no leakage, no rashes n such.. it's only the percentage n how u use it.. maybe u can change their diaper more often during the day..

y not u can try the modern cloth diaper.. if u using disposables quite high cost.. might as well spend the money on cloth diaper.. they r better as in lesser heat rash possibility n such..

bbyoshi

Okie dokie. As i am working and my mum is taking care of them, i have gotten my mum to change their diapers more often.

I'll look around before deciding whether to change diapers. ;)

Mummy to Baby V

have been using cloth diaper for few days, now, my boy is alot better,,,, almost no more redness,
Glad to hear that! Perhaps your boy's skin is sensitive to chemicals in disposable diapers / wipes or needs a lot of breathable fabric.

My boy has super-sensitive and eczema-prone skin. Disposable wipe must be rinsed with plain water before wiping him. If cloth diaper with less breathable PUL is left on him for more than 4 hours, his skin would start turning red. Fleece cloth diapers are very breathable and leave him skin nice even after 12 hours every night.