Refuse to drink from bottle

xue

taste horrible in what sense? is it cuz of the rancid smell/iron-ish taste?

Good that it works for you, once she gets used to the mix, decrease the amount of chilled EBM.
Ok. I forgot what it tasted like but when i taste it, i feel like vomiting.. Maybe i shall try again tonight..

serenelm

juz to share, my ds3 (alrdy 17 mths old) oso refuse to drink from bottle since infant... he oni wan to latch on...

when i went for haircut n was out for 5 hrs, he practically waited for me to get home b4 he drank... dh tried to feed him ebm in bottle but he cried n refuse... so poor thing... luckily he's alrdy on solids so he ate solids while waiting for me to get home...

now i'm basically waiting for him to wean off bf... i haven't had a good nite sleep since he was born (cos he usually wakes up a few times every nite to bf)... but at least i get to feed him lying down...

just to share, my ds3 (alrdy 17 mths old) also refuse to drink from bottle since infant... he oni want to latch on...

when i went for haircut n was out for 5 hours, he practically waited for me to get home before he drank... dear husband tried to feed him ebm in bottle but he cried n refuse... so poor thing... luckily he's alrdy on solids so he ate solids while waiting for me to get home...

now i'm basically waiting for him to wean off bf... i have not't had a good nite sleep since he was born (cos he usually wakes up a few times every nite to bf)... but at least i get to feed him lying down...
Hehe...yr dear son misses the bonding session with you lah :)

My son also woke up in the nite to have his feeds, I tried lying dw to bf him but not successful... hw do you do it? Does the breast size matter?? cos bigger boobs make lying dw to bf easier...IMO :)

Mummy to Baby V

Hehe...yr dear son misses the bonding session with you :)

My son also woke up in the nite to have his feeds, I tried lying dw to bf him but not successful... hw do you do it? Does the breast size matter?? cos bigger boobs make lying dw to bf easier...IMO :)
My boy kept waking up at 4 months old, every 1-2 hours and nearly drove me nuts, so we co-slept since and i latch him on lying down so that I can sleep. My boobs are among the tiniest on Earth, so boobs size does not matter. I think baby size matters -- it was easier to feed lying down togeher when he was bigger (though he was already born quite big).

I use my arm to support his neck (like his pillow). If need to switch side, just slide his tummy across my tummy, super convenient. After some months, he could wriggle and crawl his way to the next side, even in the middle of the night, quite amusing. :)

My boy kept waking up at 4 months old, every 1-2 hours and nearly drove me nuts, so we co-slept since and i latch him on lying down so that I can sleep. My boobs are among the tiniest on Earth, so boobs size does not matter. I think baby size matters -- it was easier to feed lying down togeher when he was bigger (though he was already born quite big).

I use my arm to support his neck (like his pillow). If need to switch side, just slide his tummy across my tummy, super convenient. After some months, he could wriggle and crawl his way to the next side, even in the middle of the night, quite amusing. :)
Thanks for the tip, yup..I agree with you, tink when bb gets bigger it is easier to bf lying dw. Will try it again :) hehe...yr baby so cute...he so efficient to find his way for feed :tlaugh:

sasha10

my gal of 3 months also refuse to drink from bottle after 1 month of latching..previously she still want to drink from bottle when we go out.
duno why suddenly refuse. Last nite my hubby tried to feed her..she prefer to cry her heart out for 2 hours till fall asleep instead of drinking from bottle.
i try to change different bottle from pigeon to latex nuk, etc...but still never even want to try it. totally refuse the bottle put into her mouth.

i am really headache now..

lila

my girl, 3 months, totally refuse bottle n pacifier too. she prefer cry until fall asleep rather than drink from a bottle. I have tried tommee tippee,nuk,etc.
she can drink from bottle from born till 2 months.
In the night, she can't sleep without bf.
last time, i leave her to work, she crying a lot n just drink 10 ml for 5 hours
now, i decide quit from my job n stay with her at home
but still panic find nursery room when we take a walk to mall ;-D

sasha10

Lila, i am in the same shoes with you exactly!!!
i also decided not to work anymore..my gal also totally refuse bottle and pacifier..and she can drink bottle till 2 months too..

i have a list of nursing room in my diaper bag..everywhere i go..must make sure they have nursing room..ha.ha..

my girl, 3 months, totally refuse bottle n pacifier too. she prefer cry until fall asleep rather than drink from a bottle. I have tried tommee tippee,nuk,etc.
she can drink from bottle from born till 2 months.
In the night, she can't sleep without bf.
last time, i leave her to work, she crying a lot n just drink 10 ml for 5 hours
now, i decide quit from my job n stay with her at home
but still panic find nursery room when we take a walk to mall ;-D

cmeilim

why not just buy nursing tops and invest in a nursing cover? then no need to hunt for nursing room, can just breastfeed anywhere. i don't own any nursing cover; i just use a nappy cloth or my shawl as cover.

why not just buy nursing tops and invest in a nursing cover? then no need to hunt for nursing room, can just breastfeed anywhere. i dont't own any nursing cover; i just use a nappy cloth or my shawl as cover.
I wished I had the confident to do that. I had used shawl but afraid that if I'm not careful will exposed my busts :shyxxx:

sasha10

yeah..i wear nursing tops now..and also bought nursing cover..
but so far..still didn't dare to nurse everywhere leh..
only dare to nurse in the car with nursing cover..

cmeilim, u also latch exclusively? then how do u manage to sneak out few hours with your baby? there is classes that i need to take for 3 hours..but i can't even go out for haircut now cos scare baby hungry and i am not there.

why not just buy nursing tops and invest in a nursing cover? then no need to hunt for nursing room, can just breastfeed anywhere. i dont't own any nursing cover; i just use a nappy cloth or my shawl as cover.

cmeilim

yeah..i wear nursing tops now..and also bought nursing cover..
but so far..still didn't dare to nurse everywhere ..
only dare to nurse in the car with nursing cover..

cmeilim, you also latch exclusively? then how do you manage to sneak out few hours with your baby? there is classes that i need to take for 3 hours..but i can't even go out for haircut now cos scare baby hungry and i am not there.

I breastfeed exclusively. I latch whenever I am with my boy. If I need to go for massage or facial or movie, I will leave a bottle of ebm with my Hubby or mummy to stand by in case baby gets hungry before I return. But then again I am seldom away from my baby for more than 4hr. I won't want to be away too long n not be able to pump nor latch as too much of it wil affect milk supply. As for haircut, it takes a short time. I hv not coloured or highlighted my hair for a long time. :)

camom

My son did not use bottle at all and is also a tbf baby. I tried every bottle n teat in the market but nope, didn't work. I am a FTWM and for feeds of ebm, he was syringe-fed or spoon-fed till he turned 5mths. He took to the spout cup then so this problem was resolved.

For bf in public, just need to be thickskinned. :tlaugh:I also walked ard while bf my son in the sling. If you are worried abt exposure, get a nursing poncho, those type that has a hole for you to insert your head through and covers you from neck to waist at least.

bibiluvr

just to share, my ds3 (alrdy 17 mths old) also refuse to drink from bottle since infant... he oni want to latch on...

when i went for haircut n was out for 5 hours, he practically waited for me to get home before he drank... dear husband tried to feed him ebm in bottle but he cried n refuse... so poor thing... luckily he's alrdy on solids so he ate solids while waiting for me to get home...

now i'm basically waiting for him to wean off bf... i have not't had a good nite sleep since he was born (cos he usually wakes up a few times every nite to bf)... but at least i get to feed him lying down...
hi dear,
my daughter oso did the same thing and she was three months old then..sigh... she cried herself to sleep and simply refused to drink from bottle.. right now at 8 months, she started her nonsense again and i'llbe gg back to work in another months time... previously, after much training, she would still drink abt 30 ml when my hubby fed her.. nowadays, (dunno what happened), she doesn't even open her mouth when she sees the milk bottle... i tried to spoon feed her, one mouth and she refused liao.. headache.. I'm oso feeding her lying down and like in ur case, she wakes up at least twice everynight for feeding... sigh sigh...

sasha10

bibiluvr, ur daughter of 8 month should have start solid right? and she still refuse the spoon feeding up till now? and wakes up at least twice at night for feeding?

i am also headache now..my daughter of 3 months still refuse to drink from bottle and i have already plan to apply new job..now really dunno what to do if she still reject. I have not tried spoon feeding though cos she has not start solid yet..i though after she start solid this problem will be resolved

apparently after i read your case..it's NOT..:err:
hi dear,
my daughter also did the same thing and she was three months old then..sigh... she cried herself to sleep and simply refused to drink from bottle.. right now at 8 months, she started her nonsense again and i'llbe gg back to work in another months time... previously, after much training, she would still drink about 30 ml when my hubby fed her.. nowadays, (dont know what happened), she doesn't even open her mouth when she sees the milk bottle... i tried to spoon feed her, one mouth and she refused .. headache.. I'm also feeding her lying down and like in your case, she wakes up at least twice everynight for feeding... sigh sigh...

cmeilim

bibiluvr, your daughter of 8 month should have start solid right? and she still refuse the spoon feeding up till now? and wakes up at least twice at night for feeding?

i am also headache now..my daughter of 3 months still refuse to drink from bottle and i have already plan to apply new job..now really dont know what to do if she still reject. I have not tried spoon feeding though cos she has not start solid yet..i though after she start solid this problem will be resolved

apparently after i read your case..it's NOT..:err:

every baby is different, so your baby might respond better to spoon-feeding. dun worry abt it prematurely. solve one problem at a time. =>

bibiluvr

oh Yes.. She started on solids and she loves to drink soup, water from spoon., just refuses to drink ebm. Even though I gave her the freshest ebm.. Argh... She just wants to latch on lo...