Reject milk

cutieseah

my gal have been rejecting her milk. her milk intake have been decreasing. sometime, she can like skip her milk as in its time for her to be fed, and when u put the milk into her mouth, she suck for a few time then she reject it but pushing the teats out from her mouth. n if i put in again, she will do the same. any mummies have this pro??

tayenee

my ds is now having this problem... exactly the same.. i wonder if it's the teats? cos ive bought 4 other brands to try n all ended the same... he is not feeding on the teats... have ya managed to solve ur mystery?

my gal have been rejecting her milk. her milk intake have been decreasing. sometime, she can like skip her milk as in its time for her to be fed, and when you put the milk into her mouth, she suck for a few time then she reject it but pushing the teats out from her mouth. n if i put in again, she will do the same. any mummies have this pro??
Hi, my son facing same problem also. Some more always complaint by nanny as my son very naughty compare with other as reject milk when feeding him, make extra work to her keep take in and out the milk. Some time take about 1 hour to finish 150ml.
I wondering how come baby nowaday face this kind of problem. Headache.
I find no solution to solve, even i consult the pedi, they told me as long as the baby gain well, then dont force them to drink. Feed only when my baby demand. But start worried, if continue the baby will lost weight.

cutieseah

Hi, my son facing same problem also. Some more always complaint by nanny as my son very naughty compare with other as reject milk when feeding him, make extra work to her keep take in and out the milk. Some time take about 1 hour to finish 150ml.
I wondering how come baby nowaday face this kind of problem. Headache.
I find no solution to solve, even i consult the pedi, they told me as long as the baby gain well, then dont force them to drink. Feed only when my baby demand. But start worried, if continue the baby will lost weight.
hi, my gal now sometime still will reject her milk, like nite time, she drink at 1+ or 2+ then wake up at morning 7+ or sometime 8+ crying, so i thought she wan milk but when i give her milk, she reject it after drinking like less then 30ml so i dun force her to cont'. sometime she will reject it total and i will rock her n give her her milk so still she will suck a few time, less then 20ml then reject again. n i will let her go back to slp and wait for the next feeding time to feed. n sometime even when the next feeding time come she will like dun wan to suck but will longer time to finish her milk... and the good thing is, she is gaining her weight well so i think feeding on demand is better. cos they noe when they r hungry n when they r not... so really, is ur son weight is gaining although he reject milk, it will be fine. ;)

hi, my gal now sometime still will reject her milk, like nite time, she drink at 1+ or 2+ then wake up at morning 7+ or sometime 8+ crying, so i thought she want milk but when i give her milk, she reject it after drinking like less then 30ml so i dont force her to cont'. sometime she will reject it total and i will rock her n give her her milk so still she will suck a few time, less then 20ml then reject again. n i will let her go back to sleep and wait for the next feeding time to feed. n sometime even when the next feeding time come she will like dont want to suck but will longer time to finish her milk... and the good thing is, she is gaining her weight well so i think feeding on demand is better. cos they know when they r hungry n when they r not... so really, is your son weight is gaining although he reject milk, it will be fine. ;)
Hi, May I know what many month of your baby?
I think my son almost same case. He just suck few second, then reject.. when i play with him, then he suck few second then reject.. so, have to keep try or wait, then he suck few second. Due to this, a 150ml milk take about 45 minutes or sometime 1 hour to finish.
My son he now 6 mths 1 week. I notice that he just maintain his weight for 2 weeks. No gain weight for last 2 weeks. So start worriy.

cutieseah

I think my son almost same case. He just suck few second, then reject.. when i play with him, then he suck few second then reject.. so, have to keep try or wait, then he suck few second. Due to this, a 150ml milk take about 45 minutes or sometime 1 hour to finish.
My son he now 6 mths 1 week. I notice that he just maintain his weight for 2 weeks. No gain weight for last 2 weeks. So start worriy.
hi, my gal is now near to 3mth. n i have check her weight, she's gaining. tat y i'm not worry now... n yesterday, she reject her milk total for 2-3 feed.. scared mi.

WinnieL

my girl is 7.5 months and she does that too. recently, she drank less milk than usual and sometimes even rejected her milk. got me really worried. now she's slowly drinking more, but it will take up to an hour to feed her sometimes. possible reasons could be:
- teething, so fussy with food
- wants to play/sleep
- distraction with people talking around her, or the TV on
- just simply not hungry, even though it's been 3-4 hours since her last feed

so during feeding, i try to make sure that she's fed in a quiet area, family members will keep away. and i give her only 1 hour to drink. if she doesn't finish her milk in that time, i throw the rest away, and feed her a few hours later. this way, I make sure that the milk doesn't stay out for too long, and I tell her that she cannot take her own sweet time to eat.

angelwendy

My boy also having this problem when he is 6 months old... he keep pushing away.. so that time really throw alot of milk away.. :err: but don't worry.. this stage will passed... because now he 7 months plus.. he drink it finish... but now only because he is unwell.. so he dont really wanna eat or drink..

Hi Mummies,

Thanks you a lot.
Just hope my son he can drink more milk. If no, waste my breastmilk.
I only bring him to injection on 14/10. Hope he gain weight.
Now he take 2 solid meal (cereal) and 300ml milk.

seraph

newborn baby may reject milk due to allergy, or they prefer some certain flavor: all my kids can clearly figure out whether it is breast milk or formula, and will throw out formula milk within seconds.

elder baby in 5th or 6th month may reject milk due to teeth pain, can directly breast feed if you can, that will be easier. That is why I breast fed them all after they got complete teeth.

tayenee

my DS of 7.5mths also had the same prob lately...bt aft i trial n error the right milk teat, he is taking it better... ive also instructed no distraction during milk feed.. only me do the feeding n if need to, playing using 1 toy only or singing by me only. it kindda works at times... he takes 30mins to finish 160ml..

he is taking 500-600ml + 3 solids now each day.. (1 cereal+2 porridge)