Reviews on Medela Freestyle?

Munsterprince

I used my medela freestyle for 6 months and using soffit suction cup. It does leak when I use the medela bra connector. I found a non- leak method yet still hands free. What I do is, I cut 2 small holes on my sports bra ( or Belvia bra from Guardian) at the areola area. Then I fit the suction cup through the holes. It holds the pumps securely and never leaks a drop. After pumping use the breast pad to cover the holey area. Actually after trying out this method, I figured I should hav e just bought PISA. Lol.

littlena

Alpha Male
Hi All
I just want to share how to get the Freestyle double breast pump for $400 SGD.

1. Register for an account at vPost https://www.vpost.com.sg/
2. Order the pump Medela Freestyle Breast Pump - Gmarket Singapore | Best Deals
3. Ship to address you got from vPost
4. Wait for delivery to your US address
5. Declare your items and ship to your home address (use this code for 25% off shipment charges: RPLCOF5 )
* If you have CITIBANK VISA use it to get free insurance ....

That's it! Simple... dont't spend 700 bucks in Singapore for something you can get almost half the price...

Sean Lai

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you our very bad experience with Medela customer care in Singapore and in Switzerland.

After reading all the reviews online, we decided on a Medela Freestyle pump. We thought that a premium product should give us peace of mind in respect to quality and reliability. We bought our pump on a holiday in Europe last year.

The product was made in Switzerland (same as models sold in Singapore) and there is a 2 years European warranty, however only 1 year international. We used the pump twice a day for about 15-20min. Unfortunately, our pump stopped working after 8 months.

We learned the following:
- Medela customer care centre in Singapore doesn't repair any defective pumps. They are replaced one-for-one... provided you purchased it in Singapore.
- The international warranty offers a one-for-one replacement... provided you pay S$268 ($50 admin fee, $50 diagnostic fee, $150 part replacement, GST).
- The battery is not covered by the warranty and cost another S$169.

The fact that we are being forced to pay a considerable replacement cost (60% of a new set price that includes accessories!) is not the right way of providing a warranty.

Since, our pump broke down over the weekend, we had to scramble to buy a 2nd-hand Medela pump and then pay another S$437 for the supposed warranty. For this amount of money spent, we could have bought 3 pumps from another European or Korean brands.

I am still awaiting any further comments to my email addressed to Medela customer care Switzerland and Singapore. Needless to say that our experience with Medela has left us very disappointed and we feel it is important that other potential customers should be made aware of these issues.

Good luck and all the best!