Round Ligament Pain

snowie28

Anyone gt this round ligament pain? Can share your experience? Or any ways to get better? Heard from gynae that it will only get worse as u get pregnant the next time. so worried.

Btw, information for round ligament pain as follows: -

Round ligament pain generally refers to a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester.

You may feel round ligament pain as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting out of bed or out of a chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. You may feel it as a dull ache after a particularly active day — when you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity.

The round ligaments surround your uterus in your pelvis. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it. These changes can occasionally cause pain on one or both sides of your abdomen.

You may feel the pain starting from deep inside your groin, moving upward and outward on either side to the top of your hips. The pain is internal, but if you were to trace it on your skin, it would follow the bikini line on a very high-cut bathing suit.

jasobias

Anyone gt this round ligament pain? Can share your experience? Or any ways to get better? Heard from gynae that it will only get worse as you get pregnant the next time. so worried.

Round ligament pain generally refers to a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester.

You may feel round ligament pain as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting out of bed or out of a chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. You may feel it as a dull ache after a particularly active day — when you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity.

The round ligaments surround your uterus in your pelvis. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it. These changes can occasionally cause pain on one or both sides of your abdomen.

You may feel the pain starting from deep inside your groin, moving upward and outward on either side to the top of your hips. The pain is internal, but if you were to trace it on your skin, it would follow the bikini line on a very high-cut bathing suit.
Yup i had this pains throughout my whole pregnancy n it gets so bad tht u wld just be in tears.Gynae told me to take paracetamol twice a day for it in 3rd trimester.

izanyzam

So far i havent experienced this round ligament pain yet..!!! Anxious to find out how it feels though..!! :eek:

karoru

i also don have this pain yet though i also walk a lot recently... till my legs numb / cramp... hope i will not experience this pain... sound reali painful...

summerp

I been experiencing pain but i didnt know if its round ligament pain.

Normally the pain comes when i change position when sleeping, getting out from bed or getting up from seat or when i walk for too long.

Still bearable for me now...

melodie

i suddenly got this pain around the pelvic area 2 days ago. Have difficulty

walking now, so painful that tears will roll down everytime I need to get up and walk. Gynae say it's ligament pull and nothing much can be done. :tsad:

izanyzam

I think i experienced this pain a few days ago..I had just knocked off from my 11-hour day shift and went grocery-shopping with my hubby..I think ive walked and stood too long..While i was queing up to pay for our groceries,i felt this sharp-twisting-stabbing pain in my lower abdomen..So bad that i had to literally "lift up" my lower abdomen and hold it there for quite some time.Hubby panicked and told me to sit on a table that they had set up for customers to pack their bags..I told him i didnt dare to sit on the table for fear of breaking it..!!!! :embarrassed:

But we managed to find a spot for me to sit..The pain was immediately elevated once i got my butt on that chair..!!! Wat a relief...!!!!!!:001_302:

melodie

the pain quite scary right? lucky the pain subsided quickly for you.

for me, it's still bad, intense pain at the pelvic area day and night. i have not't left my house for 4 days!

gynae recc me to visit a physiotherapist, will make an appt to start treatment next week :(

Last edited:

iwan2noe

Anyone gt this round ligament pain? Can share your experience? Or any ways to get better? Heard from gynae that it will only get worse as you get pregnant the next time. so worried.

Hi Snowie28,

thanks for your informative info! I think i experienced round ligament pain a while ago, twice! I felt a sudden stabbing-like pain in the lower abdomen or groin and i am in my second trimester..So coincidental. I was not doing v tedious exercise, I was just seated at my desk, doing some typing then suddenly feel this pain.. I thought I feel my bb's kicking...:nah:

bb guai... mummy sayang :)

i kinda having this pain too.. specially when i change position while sleeping and when i walk alot. the pain is like piercing kinda pain but only lasted a few seconds. i do get it when i'm stretching too, do you ladies get it when stretching? nowadays abit scared to stretch but my back and shoulder start to ache quite frequently and gives me the urge to stretch.

iwan2noe

i kinda having this pain too.. specially when i change position while sleeping and when i walk alot. the pain is like piercing kinda pain but only lasted a few seconds. i do get it when i'm stretching too, do you ladies get it when stretching? nowadays abit scared to stretch but my back and shoulder start to ache quite frequently and gives me the urge to stretch.
ya, i also experience this pain when I was only doing light stretchig..so i think it shd be common...

my doctor told me is due to the baby putting on weight. But i only started experiencing it now. Feel like a humpty dumpty right now.