Royal Caribbean or Star Cruise?

pkshl

hi mummies, i like to know which one of the above 2 is good for kids between age 18mths - 4yrs old?

diymummy

I went for Royal Caribbean. My son was 13 mths old then. My son enjoyed himself totally :) We went with some friends and their kids too.

diymummy

They had this room with some toys for the toddlers. Those above 3 has bigger toys. I saw a lot of kids in the above 3yo room. We also managed to borrow some toys back to our cabins.

We went on the 4 nights cruise, SG-KL-Phuket-SG. We didn't get off at KL but we got off at Phuket for the elephant ride tour. That was fun.

Then there was swimming, mini golf, theater shows at night, arcade... That's abt it.

pkshl

They had this room with some toys for the toddlers. Those above 3 has bigger toys. I saw a lot of kids in the above 3yo room. We also managed to borrow some toys back to our cabins.

We went on the 4 nights cruise, SG-KL-Phuket-SG. We didn't get off at KL but we got off at Phuket for the elephant ride tour. That was fun.

Then there was swimming, mini golf, theater shows at night, arcade... That's about it.
ok, how abt the food ? do they ve proper food for young children? did u bring any other food like cereal for yr son?

diymummy

I did bring cereal for my son just in case. I also brought some bottled food. That's coz my son didn't want to eat rice and was also quite an allergic baby.

Otherwise, there's always plain rice and pasta. Mornings has eggs and porridge. I stored some porridge from the morning buffet in my lunch jar for lunch and if dinners were unacceptable for my son, I'd do the bottled food or cereal.

I have a thread that has some questions I wanted to ask. LOL. You can check it out:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f66/royal-carribean-cruise-27547/

Gumi

Hi diymummy
Can I ask roughly how much do you spend on the cruise fare for your family and do you book online for the trip? Thanks for advising.

diymummy

Hi Gumi,

Babies are considered as 1 head count. There're no child prices.

I checked out the prices online and then called them up to make the reservation as I wanted to check abt what the price include, stuff like tips. The ticket price I paid for did include tips.

We paid roughly $2.4k for a 4N cruise. SG-KL-Phukeu-SG. The elephant riding is a top-up. It's cheaper to book "excursions" from the website or over the phone before you go on cruise as the price is in SGD. If you book on the ship, it will be in USD.

Gumi

Hi Gumi,

Babies are considered as 1 head count. There're no child prices.

I checked out the prices online and then called them up to make the reservation as I wanted to check about what the price include, stuff like tips. The ticket price I paid for did include tips.

We paid roughly $2.4k for a 4N cruise. SG-KL-Phukeu-SG. The elephant riding is a top-up. It's cheaper to book "excursions" from the website or over the phone before you go on cruise as the price is in SGD. If you book on the ship, it will be in USD.
Hi diymummy,
Thanks for this helpful info. Tried a few times calling their line but nobody pickup, will try calling them again.

Angelmum

My main purpose of going cruise was to make my special needs daughter happy. If she's unhappy, my mood will be affected. Trying to get something suitable for her to eat on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas was kind of tough. Normal children may like pizza, burgers, fries, etc fast food stuff but eating everyday is way too much. RC should spare thoughts for young travellers. Young children may be travelling free but that don't mean they don't need to eat well.

Also, Royal Caribbean - Port Klang has became an Indian cruise?
Read my blog

Last edited: