Running Events

EnFlor

Mod, please merge if there is any similar thread.

To mummies who are avid runners / keen in running but dunno how to start / on-off running (like me :001_302: paiseh!) / etc....there is an event coming soon. Wanna run together or form a mummysg group ? The more the merrier !:Dancing_wub:

(April 2010)
Dow Live Earth Run for Water Singapore Registration | Live Earth Run for Water Singapore

I would appreciate it if anyone who knows of future running events to post it in this thread so as to inform to those who are keen. TQ.

PinkDiamonds

The event starts at 11am. I doubt I'd go run at such an hour. :)

There is a Adidas Sundown marathon on May 2010. But there's only the 10km Women's category left open. :)

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I am interested to run together :)

How is your training so far? I used to jog everyday but now has cut it down to every 3 days rest 1 day and doing about 3.5KM.

I have been taking glucosamine as daily supplement. I am pretty worried to mess up my knee cap.

EnFlor

yeah dont mind to run with u ladies and of course guy (admin) :001_302:. But i still cringed at the thought of having to run 10km...buey tahan lahh! My kaki can only take me perhaps as far as 6-7km, that one also run and pause style. Am not in tip top shape now so stamina quite weak. Right now eyeing more for those run that offers less than 10km and of course accessible location (for me) counts too.

Waiting for... SHAPE 2010. Also cannot do running during my fasting month.

Training wise Oklahh, same as Admin, off on some days then go for run, otherwise, knees and feet suffer.

But do let me in the loop should many of u decide to take part in some events together yahh!

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Enflor,

My wife and I are interested with this event. Hopefully we could have a size of 10 from MummySG to participate this event.

We usually jog 6.15am over at Bishan Park connector. So far the longest distance I have done is 7KM. I am going to attempt 10K when my legs are rested enough :)

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Cool... so many into running lately...
I did my 1st 10KM run @ Stand Chart Marathon last year...
still procrastinating to sign-up for new runs this year...
maybe njoy my CNY junk food 1st... haha! :)

PinkDiamonds

I did my first & last 10km in 2008 during the Nike Human Race. Then paused to have baby. So now just started training again. So far I can do 5km in 30min, but haven't progressed yet cause usually try to run in 30min then head home for baby & husband (I run in the morning).

Hoping to participant in 1 or 2 races this year. I'm definitely keen to be part of MummySG team if we wanna join any events!

EnFlor

I did my first & last 10km in 2008 during the Nike Human Race. Then paused to have baby. So now just started training again. So far I can do 5km in 30min, but have not't progressed yet cause usually try to run in 30min then head home for baby & husband (I run in the morning).

Hoping to participant in 1 or 2 races this year. I'm definitely keen to be part of MummySG team if we wanna join any events!

Woah...30mins for 5km :red:Super duper fast legs and good stamina u have there.

I can only run when all the kids are in sch (that means betwn 10am -12pm). But i dont really enjoy morning run...hot lahh! Can run longer in the evening but thatz like a rare ocassion i can do. Like that day, i ran from one neighbourhood across to another neighbourhood. Was surprised that i could last that long.

EnFlor

Cool... so many into running lately...
I did my 1st 10KM run @ Stand Chart Marathon last year...
still procrastinating to sign-up for new runs this year...
maybe njoy my CNY junk food 1st... haha! :)

A friend of mine took part in that Stand Chart 10km. She suffered for one whole week after that. :001_302:

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I have not timed my run so far ... but 5KM for 30M is fast!

Do you all take supplement to prevent knee cap injury?

With my daily jogging session, i am feeling my knee is going to give way and that worries me.

I am taking glucosamine on daily basis.

How often do you train? Everyday?

I think all of us should plan to participate in a race together and that would be cool! :wong29:

PinkDiamonds

I only take some health supplements from E. Excel, but not those glucosamine type of pills.

Actually, if you feel that your knee is giving way, best to stop, or perhaps for that month, take up swimming instead of running. That's how I manage my "rusty knees". Need those knees to support a couple more pregnancies :p

I run about 2-3 times a week. Would love to run at night cause it's sooo cooling and calm and peaceful, but my husband worries about my safety. So I've to run in the morning. I am not a morning person. But no choice la, that's the only time. For the sake of looking good, and to have better stamina to chase my little one around. :D

I remember when I took my 10km run in 2008, my whole body ached for a few days and I felt like I went mountain climbing or something.

Then I realized that feeling is nothing compared to after 6 hours of labor. LOL.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
A friend of mine took part in that Stand Chart 10km. She suffered for one whole week after that. :001_302:
I almost had legs cramps after the run 2... cos' never do warm up :)

Will skip Sundown Marathon... cannot imagine running till midnite... rather sleep :)

Below... not very enticing to me as well.... :p
Run for Water - Participants Benefits
Participants in the 6km run/walk will enjoy the following benefits:

• Free access to A-List artistes concert*!
• Live Earth Event T-shirt
• Free copy of Shape / Men’s Health magazine (First 5000 entries only!)
• 10% discount on Shape and Men’s Health Magazine subscription
• Free access to Water Village (water related activities)
• Finishers’ medal
*The access to the concert will be exclusively reserved to the 6km run / walk participants.

PinkDiamonds

Oh for those who are free on weekday evenings, you can check out Running Lab. They organize weekly runs for 3km (i think), 5km and 10km. You get to meet people, and also have running khakis to keep you going!

For those who own iPhone 3Gs & iPod nanos, you can actually get Nike+ equipment to help track your progress too. IMHO, it helped me a great deal because every time I tried to beat my previous timing/distance. U upload the data to ur PC and also see how the rest of the world is doing. A cute screensaver on PC also helps to spur u on!

PinkDiamonds

Hahaha!
I've been trying to get my wife and dear daughter to run as well... not much success though...
So far been trying to run twice a week after work....
For me, I've been trying to get my hubby to go running! He's been failing IPPT every year and signing on RT. lol.

With a kid I think twice a week is actually very good already! You can do some toning exercises at home actually (if u want to la). Can google for some ideas.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
For me, I've been trying to get my hubby to go running! He's been failing IPPT every year and signing on right. lol.

With a kid I think twice a week is actually very good already! You can do some toning exercises at home actually (if you want to ). Can google for some ideas.
Wahaha!
Tell your hubby to downgrade himself... no need take IPPT/RT... freaking waste of time!!
That's what I did... now can run whenever I please :)

Ting

i used to jog alot too when i was in sec sch.. but hv stopped..
too lazy! n no one jog with me!!
but, after seeing my bf jogged the stand chart 42km run last year, i think i wanna faint~~

PinkDiamonds

i used to jog alot too when i was in sec sch.. but have stopped..
but, after seeing my bf jogged the stand chart 42km run last year, i think i wanna faint~~
I want to try a 42km at least once, but after giving birth must slow and steady. Cannot push my body too hard if not will "spoil".

Daddy D

Alpha Male
i used to jog alot too when i was in sec sch.. but have stopped..
That's y he's army regular........................................... :p

NuR_iRfAn

Mod, please merge if there is any similar thread.

To mummies who are avid runners / keen in running but dont know how to start / on-off running (like me :001_302: paiseh!) / etc....there is an event coming soon. Wanna run together or form a mummysg group ? The more the merrier !:Dancing_wub:

(April 2010)
Dow Live Earth Run for Water Singapore Registration | Live Earth Run for Water Singapore

I would appreciate it if anyone who knows of future running events to post it in this thread so as to inform to those who are keen. TQ.
Event look interesting..Anyone going??