Running Nose

shespice

Hi, has anyone tried giving those powdered herb medication by TCM like from EuYanSan to baby for running nose or for other things like flu, cough, fever?
Eg. Pak Poh Powder, Bo Ying Compound, Jun ging Powder
Thanks

redjn

My advice to you is when kid having running nose or flu, cough and fever is best that you take them to pediatrician to check up 1st. As regard to feeding 八宝散 (I didnt buy YuYanSan), I feed my boy daily when he is about 2 mths only whether or not is sick. Not advicable to give when they are too young. 八宝散 is to help to build up his immunse is actually not meant for curing running nose or flu, cough and fever. I can recommand you to c this chinese doc she is very good & highly recommanded by friend & colleague.

Attachments

Last edited:

shespice

My advice to you is when kid having running nose or flu, cough and fever is best that you take them to pediatrician to check up 1st. As regard to feeding 八宝散 (I didnt buy YuYanSan), I feed my boy daily when he is about 2 mths only whether or not is sick. Not advicable to give when they are too young. 八宝散 is to help to build up his immunse is actually not meant for curing running nose or flu, cough and fever. I can recommand you to c this chinese doc she is very good & highly recommanded by friend & colleague.
Hey thanks for the recommendation. Have you seen her before too? The last time my gal had a running nose, I went to the PD but he didn't give anything and just say it could be due to allergy and just to leave it. So my gal was ok after that. just a few days ago, she had it again so I am just a little concern but didn't go PD cos afraid he will give same advise and then charged for consultation again. Will monitor and maybe try your recommendation if you say this doc is good :). I am also a bit skeptical to give the powdered medicine to gal but last nite I gave her the one I bought from EuYanSan. I hope it didn't do any harm.

apollo

gpt once ds got abit runny nose. pd also didnt give him medi. he said not serious so dont take medi aft few days it goes off..

redjn

my boy is seeing her since 3mths back & he had not been sick since then. my boy has sensative nose like me now after the "massage"推拿& treatment by snifting the herb his condition had improved. By the way, we were being also prescribe powder medicine for intake daily. ever since then he has not suffering fm snifting nose. Just had to bear in mind that the chinese treatment is normally slower so you must be abit patience if you intend to go for it. my boy case already been informed that we had to give her 6 mths in order for her to build up the immunse system within him.

Seriously speaking I can see the effect ever since the treatment, though it may cost us abit more(for 6 mths - with weekly visit incl medicine & massage @ $37 each visit) but i am willing to give a shot. I rather goes thro' this then having the GP treatment.

Last edited:

redjn

by the way, just FYI, i give my boy 八宝散 fm 2 mths old till he was 1 yrs old then I switch to 珍珠八宝散 which is better till my boy is 2.5 yrs old.

shespice

gpt once dear son got abit runny nose. pediatrician also didnt give him medi. he said not serious so dont take medi after few days it goes off..
hi, yeah there was once my gal had just a bit of runny nose and also went away after a couple of days without taking anything. just this time, when it came back, seems like a bit more mucus so i was just concern that if didn't do anything may develop into something more which I hope not.
do your son sleep in aircon or just fan? just wondering if aircon will affect condition. but when i don't have airconditioner on, aiyo, her head perspire so much lah. :p

shespice

by the way, just FYI, i give my boy 八宝散 fm 2 mths old till he was 1 yrs old then I switch to 珍珠八宝散 which is better till my boy is 2.5 yrs old.
hello, just wondering how do you let your boy take the powder? the guy at the EuYanSan store told me to just use finger and then put onto tongue of baby and let them swallow. I did and she did take it the first time. Now when she see my finger and smell the powder she turn away already! LOL, I think she knows I trick her hahahah.
As for the Shan Dong traditional chinese medicine, does she give general check on baby and give advise too?

BTW, does she speak English? Coz my Mandarin not so good hee hee :p

apollo

hi, yeah there was once my gal had just a bit of runny nose and also went away after a couple of days without taking anything. just this time, when it came back, seems like a bit more mucus so i was just concern that if didn't do anything may develop into something more which I hope not.
do your son sleep in aircon or just fan? just wondering if aircon will affect condition. but when i dont't have airconditioner on, aiyo, her head perspire so much . :p
yes, according to my pd, will affect! tt time ds was down with flu, cough and phelgm, pd advise us not to on aircon for him thru out the night. if ur girl afriad of hotness, on the aircon for 1-2 hrs then off it. on the fan, open the window.. =)

redjn

hello, just wondering how do you let your boy take the powder? the guy at the EuYanSan store told me to just use finger and then put onto tongue of baby and let them swallow. I did and she did take it the first time. Now when she see my finger and smell the powder she turn away already! LOL, I think she knows I trick her hahahah.
As for the Shan Dong traditional chinese medicine, does she give general check on baby and give advise too?

BTW, does she speak English? Coz my Mandarin not so good hee hee :p
Well, when boy is small I mix in water on spoon & feed that way powder is easier for his intake. when he is about 8 mths, I used the cap as guide pour powder 1 cap full & my boy know how to open mouth to take it. Increase his dosage 2 cap full when he is 1.5 yrs old.