S26 Gold, any mum have fed to newborn? Pls feedback

Lim2528

Hi Mummies,

Due to some reason, I'm unable to do partial bf and is giving full formula to my 7wks baby.

Initially I'm using Nan Pro 1 but my gynae recommend S26 gold for him to try since he is having colic. Just want to ask some feedback on S26 gold. I notices that the water mixture recommended on the S26 is more than the Nan.

S26 - 60ml, 1 scoop milk powder
Nan - 60ml, 2 scoop milk powder

I heard that if give full formula fed, must give some water in between else it will be very heaty. If not, we can dilute that milk content by adding more water. Last time when I given Nan, I will dilute the milk content. But if S26, the scoop is less already, do I still dilute the milk content?

Appreciate for your advise. Thanks.

juliezhu

The difference in scoop count is because of the size of the scoop. S26 scoop holds 2x the amount of NAN.

Our baby used to be on Enfalac A+ since birth but we switched him to S26 after 3 months as we found Enfalac too heaty for him. We first tried NAN but found it did not dissolve well with many particles and also our boy's poo was too watery.

We tried S26 and so far so good after 2 months.

One should not add too much water and dilute the fee unnecessarily. Add'l water should be given separately.

Lim2528

The difference in scoop count is because of the size of the scoop. S26 scoop holds 2x the amount of NAN.

Our baby used to be on Enfalac A+ since birth but we switched him to S26 after 3 months as we found Enfalac too heaty for him. We first tried NAN but found it did not dissolve well with many particles and also our boy's poo was too watery.

We tried S26 and so far so good after 2 months.

One should not add too much water and dilute the fee unnecessarily. Add'l water should be given separately.
I have try out S26 since wed till now. After every burp he will spilt milk than cry. Sometime, he refuse to let us burp him. Do u experience that before? He is now 7wks 6day old.

juliezhu

Our boy don't have too much colic issue. We blurp him after every feed.

We are using Nuk teats which is anti-colic and a bigger nipple hole. If it takes too long for the baby to drink, he/she may take in too much wind in the process.

I also observed that it is best not to let the baby drink too fast either.

You may also try Gripe water. We give this to our baby whenever he seems not to be feeling well or show discomfort.

Renzie

We would burp her after every feed too, but she still had colic in her earlier months.

Had no problem burping her as well. We would apply ru yi oil after her baths and before bedtime on top of letting her drink gripe water once a day during that period.

I thought S26 is more heaty than Enfalac? She's on Enfalac now, so far pooing had no problem since introduction, but S26 had some constipation problem. She was on NAN in between and poo also watery, there's another thread which talked about it I think, some babies on NAN would have watery poo.

Lim2528

We would burp her after every feed too, but she still had colic in her earlier months.

Had no problem burping her as well. We would apply ru yi oil after her baths and before bedtime on top of letting her drink gripe water once a day during that period.

I thought S26 is more heaty than Enfalac? She's on Enfalac now, so far pooing had no problem since introduction, but S26 had some constipation problem. She was on NAN in between and poo also watery, there's another thread which talked about it I think, some babies on NAN would have watery poo.
Hi, so if nan appear watery is it ok? My boy initially is with nan and he pass out dark green and looking at the texture is abit muddy. It is very very stink. The S26 I just changed cause him consipation as the shit can be picked up. It is dry and hard stool. Also s26 give him often vomiting.

xicloudix

Hi, so if nan appear watery is it ok? My boy initially is with nan and he pass out dark green and looking at the texture is abit muddy. It is very very stink. The S26 I just changed cause him consipation as the shit can be picked up. It is dry and hard stool. Also s26 give him often vomiting.
then i dun htink S26 is suitable for him... i remember many years ago, when my sis and cousin was born, S26 was not suitable for them too, they have very dry and hard stool, and have to "dig" their stool out, coz its too hard and they keep crying.... they claims too heaty,,,

my boy is on Nan pro... poo watery... but i dun mind coz i heard nan pro is more to similar to breast milk.... those breast feeding baby poo also watery....

And i heard from nurse that watery poo = they absorb all the nutrients and manage to digest almost everything...
and hard poo = did not manage to digest everything given....

i think its quite true
when my niece started on semi solids, my sis in law feed her vegetables, and all her poo came out , all vegetables, no digested de... so = her stomach can't take it at that moment...

even for us adults, what we can't digest = pass out...

juliezhu

I believe if the poo is too watery or hard on the other end is not good.

My boy's poo is bit bit wet but not solid hard with Enfalac and S26 but is very watery with NAN. I also observed that the NAN available locally comes from two source of production, one is Singapore and the other from Philippines.

I also find that NAN's fm does not dissolve well in water as one can see many solid particles even after shaking the milk bottle.

Anyway we started with Enfalac A+ because my boy has it since day 1 in KKH and is taking it well but we decided to switch because his body is very warm most of the time and is better now after we switch him to S26 since 4th month.

I sort of think that Enfalac A+ from Netherland is much more suitable for european kids.

Lim2528

So wat is the color of the poo for nan and texture? Have fed him nan and it clear the consipation from s26 but the subsequent poo from nan are dark green and it texture like wasabi.

Renzie

iirc, hers was yellow and watery (abit like mashed potato texture, haha) on NAN. Don't worry about it being dark green or yellow.